Plugin Contributions

Default Is it impossible to configure these in ZenCart?

One of my clients finally gave the go-ahead to implement a simple, online book store. I had looked at ZenCart months ago and decided it was the best choice.

However, when I was just about the order the new ZenCart book, I found the following comments on the page reviewing the book. Some of these seem dealbreakers, so I though I would check with the community here if the following are really true wrt to the current version of ZenCart:
    1. There is no way to add the customer's fax number to invoices and packing slips.
    2. There is no way to go into the system and modify orders.
    3. It's difficult/not possible to reset a user's password.
    4. Product attributes are stored as BLOB in the db although in the front end, they appear to be stored as TEXT and there is no way to edit the BLOB fields associated with product attributes directly. More importantly, there is no way to go back and edit orders and the order attributes once they have been entered.
    5. The orders table doesn't even have the customer's fax number.
    6. It isn't possible to modify the invoice.php to easily add the field to the query.
    Please note that the points above are summarised from one of the reviews on this page: http://www.lulu.com/content/466605

I will be thankful if someone could clarify these points.

Thanks in advance,
    Meeven

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is it impossible to configure these in ZenCart?

This is Zen Cart ... this is php and MySQL ... that means there is no such thing as No Way to do something ...

You might need to customize some code but it is not that hard to make most of those changes that you have listed ...

If you are not a coder ... then you might post on the Commercial Help wanted for help on this ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is it impossible to configure these in ZenCart?

I was just hoping these features are available by default.

As I am just starting with ZenCart and hardly have any coding skills nor a big budget from my client, I am a bit hesitant as these features seem rather basic- especially 2,3 & 4.

Am I right in understanding that these aspects specifically are not available by default and need coding?

Thanks.