Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Type Book (by moku)

hareslade
    I congratulate you on the release of the new version of your 'product book type'. I am the 1st time user of your Zen cart add on. The issue I am facing is that I am not able to add 'author's' through 'Extras>Book authors'. It is adding the rows but not showing what I have entered as author's name or nick name. The details are not shown on the add book section also. The authors list is blank there. I am able to successfully add book type, book format etc. It would be great if you could crack my problem. I have been sitting with this for about 2days.
    Thanks and Regards
    Jazeem

Plugin Contributions

Jazeem.. I'll upload a new test cart / V3 install, and check it out again. In the meantime, you have acess to phpmyadmin, see if the database book_authors table actually has any entries in it.
    Last edited by hareslade; 1 Jul 2007 at 02:17 PM. Reason: typo

Plugin Contributions

Raunharman, re. your post a few days back! I said...
    Quote Originally Posted by hareslade View Post
    Or you could use the id, insert this into the css file, it should only of course change the product name size
    Code:
    #productName {
    	font-size: 3em;
    	color: #9a9a9a;
    	}
    my apologies...regarding the book title, in the stylesheet_book_prod.css there is already the entry
    Code:
    #productName{
    	font-size:1.2em;
    	}
    That's a css entry I put in to control book title size, thats the one needs altering

Plugin Contributions

Jazeem...

I installed the book V3 files on a new 1.3.7 test cart, I do get the authors entries inputted ok, and listed in books admin authors dropdown, so I currently don't know why you do not...

Feel free to 'private message' me for suggestions, to continue sorting it out.. it sounds like the authors table will be empty..

I mentioned 'phpmyadmin' above, without explaining.. usually in cpanel for your host, there is access directly to the database setup system.. also they usually use phpmyadmin to give you access into the database tables directly.

Alternatively (which is what I used to do sometimes) is get hold of the phpmyadmin fileset (its free) and install it on the actual website, then you can see the database without having to go through cpanel.

The phpmyadmin needs pointing to your database, similar to zencart install procedures.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    I install a new zen 1.37 shop and the book product type 2.0 on it. Then I transform it for using with DVDs. All works well. I add two DVDs and use the authors field for performers. Then I read in this forum about Version 3 and install it over and run the 2 to 3 SQL-Patch. Now the performers are only shown when I use the english admin, if I switch to german, there ar no performers stored. If I try to edit a performer (author) and save it, there is no name in german and also in the english language it is away. The same happens, when I insert a new performer(author), only the picture is stored in the database but no name and no nickname in no language.

Plugin Contributions

I have a look with phpMyAdmin to the database. book_authors_name and book_authors_nickname are empty in both languages.

Plugin Contributions

michaelhl
    Your post confuses me a bit ... but that's my problem!

It's correct that if you install V3 over V2, then create german afterwards, you'll see an empty (for instance) author names dropdown, in the *german* book admin page section, for all book products. But the dropdowns are still full in English section....

The newly created / required 'language 2' (german) dropdown entries will indeed all be empty, you need to fill the empty german ones up in admin | 'extras'.

I am not sure if you are saying these german dropdown list entries now can't be filled up, or if you do, the English ones disappear?

-------------

Maybe its confusing that you have to go and manually put the new language's entries into all the 'extras' lists such as authors - I could change the system so it mimics what zencart does, just copy all the dropdowns lists across from English?

(there is an auto update function on each 'admin | extras' dropdown entries list,
    so I can make that auto-update copy the English values across - at present it creates blank entries in the 'new' language, e.g author name, info. and nickname fields)

Further than that... do p.m me with more info (for instance mysql version, more info)... this is a V3 beta, its hard to predict how people will use it, or expect it to behave, most specially in upgrade mode, then using multiple languages.

Plugin Contributions

The beta1 V3 has some bugs in it I need to fix...what michaelhl says is correct...

So although beta1 V3 works in single language, just the admin side needs correcting, in the way the 'extras' 'dropdown' pages work in multiple language.

I'll do those mods shortly, I will get back with a Beta 2 version3!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hareslade View Post
    The beta1 V3 has some bugs in it I need to fix.
    To add to your list...

I just did a fresh install of 1.3.7 and then added the new beta to it. I discovered that my first couple of attempts to enter books resulted in an entry with no title and no description. (yes, I looked in phpmyadmin)

When I tried again with data in more of the fields it worked. I'll do a little more experimenting to see which field(s) make it happen and which don't, but I won't be able to get to that for a bit.

Plugin Contributions

Default multiple authors

How do you handle multiple authors?

For instance, I've got books by "joe blow, jane doe, and joe schmoe"

Also, how do you handle one author who has written some books solo and some in combination with other people? Do I have to create a new author entry each time Joe Blow writes a book with someone else?

BTW, the above problem I was having appears to be associated with adding authors from the product input form. I can't add authors properly either. (though it works fine through phpmyadmin)

Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast