Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Flash Header/ Font Header make changes to...

I have a 3 part helper here please anyone! I've found a template called "purpleshades" but cannot find it! Can someone help me find it.

Also, I am looking how on where to go to put a flash header on the top, and or to change the font. My files are not using the over ride, as I could not follow the instructions very well, so I am using the straight zen cart program. So, far I am fine. I just want to spruce up the header and or the font. and I need some guidance to the exact how to on this one, please.

Thank you.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Richard[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Newer than a Newbie, looking for help always!![/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]www.cosmickodiak.com/[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Flash Header/ Font Header make changes to...

USE THE OVERRIDES!

If you don't your entire customized site will be wiped out when you upgrade.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Kim is it too late? What should I do? I have the ZenCart defaults on my computer. Should I maybe download the whole Zencart? I just could not understand the info. that the one guy explained. Making our own over rides. I did most but the colours would not change just the text, so I gave up.

what about if I just use the defaults and be careful, I know I won't get any updates for now. But geez, this site is good but tooooooo much reading to get to some gooood answers! It's frustrating for a newbie that is newer than a newbie.

Besides, I need those questions answered in order to get some things goin', do you have answers to those I need??

Thanks

Kim, I forgot !! I wanted to know about the Zen Book for sale! Can one pay via paypal, if so, will the questions that I asked be in there to show me how to tweak the Zen??

Some people really know their stuff here!! I don't know what HTML stands for. I am one of these people who just gets goin' and learns, either the hard way or the Highway!!!

Talk at you later and thanks again.

psssst I really need some help, if you can answer those question for a zenner in need please.

Plugin Contributions

Hi SolarTrees,

The book does cover how the Template Override System works, its advantages, and how to create and make use of one.

However, the book only provides a very simple example of changing a particular CSS element to customize your store's look. The reason being to avoid going into details on code-specific (e.g. HTML, CSS) areas which are covered widely in other books or websites and instead allow the store owner to concentrate on setting up and running a functional store confidently.

The book is currently on sale only at Lulu's site on this page. To have an idea of what the book covers, please click the "Preview this book" hyperlink on that page. Read the reviews (both good and bad) on that page as it will give you a better idea of whether the book will meet your needs.

One last word though - use the Overrides as Kim mentioned .
    Goh Koon Hoek, author of "e-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart".
    Printed book: www.lulu.com/content/10576284
    Electronic book and Errata: www.cucumbermedia.com/store

Gosh I wrote a big reply and somehow it disappeared when I tried to show the logo which shows up small on my site tried to upload.

I said thanks you guys. and that I have a lot to learn. I was wondering how to get the height of the logo and the header to be higher.

I mentioned how a guy made me a banner/header to fit onto the zen cart where he had the logo on the banner and uploaded it as one file and did not need to use the logo.gif file I guess. It was nice.

I will try to upload my logo that I made. I made it to be a jpeg but I can make it a .gif but it's too small to notice on my site, but the jpeg you should see the detail.

I used the logo design studio normal edition, I just bought it today.

I do have ps 7 and dw 2004mx and frontpage 2003 but never used them. I did buy templates off someone from ebay last year but cannot seem to view them as their entirerty or preview, I am suppose to have flash banner which I would like to learn to place.

any help or comments is needed to help me get my site working or looking competitive.

I thank you guys again for the time you take to write me back.

ps I will send my logo in the next post, so I don't lose this letter like the first time!!

Ok here is my logo. when I load it, it is tooooo small to see in zen.

I used logo design studio for this as I do not know how to use ps7.

Plugin Contributions

I was wondering if you knew how to add flash to the header of Zen Cart. What I mean is I can add the flash to the header of zen cart however I can't seem to add a preloader that can load in the flash content.

if you want to see what I mean you can check out the site

www.stoppoints.com

you can see the flash has a preloader when it loads on the index page but when you click on buy and zen cart is loaded I can not make the flash preloader work so I had to just load in the flash by itself thus there is a black space until the flash is loaded any help would be great

thank you very much for taking the time to read this message any help would be great

Craig! You are way ahead of me!! I do not know a thing on how to add the flash preloader. I like the site though, nice colour combo!

Maybe ask Kobra, he seems to be one of the main stays on these forums!

Sorry I could not help you.

Cosmic Kodiak

Plugin Contributions

thank you for the reply I figured out what I did wrong I am not sure that it was the right way to do it but I used an longer path instead of a relative path inside flash when the preloader called the the content flash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast