Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Index page error message

Hi!!!

I finally figured out how to set up my store. While I am waiting for my Digital Graphics to upload to my server (downloads), I was checking out my index page - to finalize everything.

Well I got this error message....

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/l/o/r/lorii/html/LAImelDesigns.com/includes/database/mysql.php on line 13

Warning: mysql_get_server_info(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/content/l/o/r/lorii/html/LAImelDesigns.com/includes/database/mysql.php on line 14
    Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2)

I went to this file... includes/database/mysql.php but I see nothing that is wrong as far as I can tell....

Anyone know what file I need to fix this???

I have my zen cart here.... www.LAImelDesigns.com/zencart/ that comes up fine. (I think LAImelDesigns is a subdomain of www.imelville.com - at least that is what I think you call it) I am newly on Linux - so I don't think that changed anything - I was able to get on the index page since it has been changed.

I did go in and tweaked colors.... but that was about it.... oh, I did try to put my download folder outside of my store, but I could not get that to work.... Trying to think of anything that could have caused the problem.

Thank you for your help,
    Mom

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Index page error message

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this???

Thank you,
    MOM

Plugin Contributions

First of all, the site you list is not a subdomain of the other one, it is a unique address. Second, the site is working fine. Both of them, actually. If you continue to get errors of that sort, please note what you were doing when it happened. I checked the /admin and the main page, went through to checkout procedure, and it seems to work fine. Perhaps you had just set up the database, and it needed time to que up? Sometimes it takes 30 - 60 minutes for a new database at some hosting companies. Good Luck!
    Grasshopper, GOT BOOK? - I don't, and I am constantly in here begging for help and Donating to Zen Cart in feeble attempts to bribe the developers for help. Get your copy today and avoid my fate!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for checking that out.

What happens when you go here... http://www.laimeldesigns.com/

I get the error message. I would like to have my index page to show up, because I have links to other crafts that I want to show up on this main page.

Thank you,
    Mom

Plugin Contributions

well it worked for me awhile ago, but now you have the error...

Are you certain that you entered all of the correct info about the database (address, username, password, description) when you installed zencart? This seems to be a problem along those lines..

open /admin/includes/configure.php

and

/includes/configure.php

and verify the database info toward the bottom of those files.
    Grasshopper, GOT BOOK? - I don't, and I am constantly in here begging for help and Donating to Zen Cart in feeble attempts to bribe the developers for help. Get your copy today and avoid my fate!

Plugin Contributions

it is connecting to the /admin successfully, so check /includes/configure.php and make sure that the server info is correct. Are you using Godaddy? Regardless, instead of a set of numbers, like 10.33.244.10 the address should be something like: mysql92.secureserver.net or similar.. for security reasons..

Plugin Contributions

this site SHOULD be working, but if you want to just type http://www.laimeldesigns.com/
    instead of http://www.laimeldesigns.com/zencart, then move the contents of /zencart to the folder above it, the root folder. That should fix your troubles.. The url to your site as it is set up currently is http://www.laimeldesigns.com/zencart, not http://www.laimeldesigns.com/

Plugin Contributions

A note: When you FTP to the folder your site is on, you will see a folder named "zencart". Open it. Highlight all of the files, transfer them up one folder. (in your ftp program the first folder is named .. - it is this floder you want to drag all of the ones in the "zencart" folder to. Afterwar, you will have to modify /includes/configure.php and /admin/includes.php to point them to the correct directory:

in /includes/configure.php find the lines:

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/zencart');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/zencart');
    change them to:
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');
    futher down, find:
    /home/content/l/o/r/lorii/html/laimeldesigns.com/zencart
    or
    /home/content/l/o/r/lorii/html/zencart
    change it to:
    /home/content/l/o/r/lorii/html/
    Then in /admin/includes/configure.php find:
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/zencart');
    change it to:
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
    then find (2 lines down):
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/zencart');
    change it to:
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');
    save and upload both files to original locations. your store will then come up when you type www.laimeldesigns.com

NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THE SITE it is just that you do not understand how it is set up. When you installed it, you told zencart to set up the store in a directory (folder) called ZENCART, and so to access the store by typing the domain name without the trailing /zencart you have to do as i instructed in this post.
    Last edited by humbll; 28 Jul 2007 at 09:01 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Momof9Blessings View Post
    Thank you for checking that out.

What happens when you go here... http://www.laimeldesigns.com/

I get the error message. I would like to have my index page to show up, because I have links to other crafts that I want to show up on this main page.

Thank you,
    Mom
    Ah i see what you are trying to do. DISREGARD my last post. in the root of your site, delete or rename the file index.php and all should work. I did not realize you had an index.html file already in the root. the file index.php is overriding your index.html Another way is to type the index.html into the url: www.laimeldesigns.com/index.html
    Last edited by humbll; 28 Jul 2007 at 09:18 PM.

Plugin Contributions

You know - the odd thing I read about the index.html and index.php, it said that the html file will over-rule the php file.... Obviously not.... LOL

Thank you!!! IT WORKS!!!!
    Mom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast