Page 87 of 384 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate support

Hi,

I bought Easy Populate Pro a month ago and I have found that the documentation falls short of going all the way. The latest version (4) has a readme file that stops befor telling you how to upload your files, that is organise all your data into the correct columns. Also you have to search to find these templates.

Now I am very keen to use this software as it looks like a great tool to compliment Zen Cart, and I don't want to affend anyone, but the support is very lacking. If I could get the final procedures I would write them up myself and post them here for others to get over that last hurdle!

A lot of others have been able to go all the way with the software so it must be possible for those of us with a little bit of web savy?

So anyone who can go explain the final stages I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

and I don't want to affend anyone, but the support is very lacking.
    Official support for this is at the place you purchased this and not on this forum.

This forum is for those to share their experiences which you are doing but do not confuse this and trash this forum for lack of support.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

OK fair enough, I suppose I was just fishing for a solution. As I said I do believe it to be very good software and I am very keen to use it! I apologise as I have a lot of respect for the Zen Cart forum people as they take a lot of time out to help people like myself.

Whe I find a solution I will post it if others want.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I am really struggling to get my online shop to function correctly and would appreciate it if anyone could help.

Firstly when I upload product and I go into the category to check them I get the first layer i.e Suspension Technology then Spax then lowering springs then make of car then model then when i click on the last level instead of getting the product details i get a drop down menu with a,b,c,d etc

I am also unable to view my products in the admin section Catalogue>catagories/products. I just get a blank page.

Also when I uploaded my last products I got the following message

Warning: explode() [function.explode]: Empty delimiter. in /home/jiperfor/public_html/store/admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate_functions.php on line 241

and aswell as uploading the products correctly it also uploaded some of them as a seperate catagory.

if you go on the site you will see what I mean

www.JI-Performance.com
    The product I uploaded was in Suspension Technology>Spax>Lowering Springs>etc

It also, however loaded up a top lever of Spax>Suspension Technology>spax>Lowering Springs> then the listing for one manufacturer but when you try to select and of the products you get the drop down menu as described previously.

If anyone could have a look at the site for me I would greatly appreciate it as its getting to the point where I just cant do anything with it

Plugin Contributions

The explode error means that when it read the file in it did so as a big blob, and now it is trying to separate the different parts. It is finding something wrong, maybe you used something like ""Q's" gadgets" in the file, and it is seeing double quotes, and strips of the first pair of them, leaving something that looks like Q's" gadget (only one quote mark, not paired up with anything). In any case, it is not able to break the file up into its individual components.

As to the items being hidden in the admin's catalog I seem to recall that it involves something being set, or not set, in the database. It may be something as simple that the quantity is set to 0 (zero) if you didn't include a quantity in the upload. Sorry, I last had that problem near the first part of the year, and can't recall what I did to correct it, other than use a database tool to reset the value. It may also be the date, and how it is formatted.

Plugin Contributions

Just found out about the explode thing in the old forums (available for reading/review only). It seems as the date is not formated correctly. Have a look at this post: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22180&page=65 This is in response to the prior page (page 64) of the old forums, encountering the same problem.

In Admin > Configuration > Easy Populate -> Make Zero Products Inactive, is that showing as true or false?
    Last edited by awev; 2 Aug 2007 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Added 2nd paragrap (question).

Plugin Contributions

I have been using EP with success to upload products in batches of around 400 at a time. Best tips I can give are:

1) Product must have a model number.
    2) Model number must be unique.
    3) Category name must match existing ZC category name EXACTLY.
    4) NO line breaks in product description +
    5) EOREOR must be at end of every record.
    6) Export as plain text file (.txt).
    7) Export settings should be:

* TAB delimited.
    * Text qualifier = NONE.
    * Include field headings as first row.

If you view the exported file in Notepad there should be no visible delimit between records. I find I can use quotes, commas and slashes in product titles.

8) If you don't have a 'temp' folder in ZC root, create one and CHMOD 777.
    9) In Configuration/Easy Populate:

* Make sure temp folder path is correct
    * Set date format to d-m-y for UK, or as appropriate.

+ Although EP should handle line breaks in the product description, I had a problem with this. I don't know why. If you have issues, might be something to check.

I confess I haven't downloaded, edited and re-uploaded any data yet.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the replys. I really appreciate it. I'll give it a go today. There are a few of the points which I dont fully understand being new to this as it wasnt myself who designed and built the site.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by awev View Post
    Just found out about the explode thing in the old forums (available for reading/review only). It seems as the date is not formated correctly. Have a look at this post: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22180&page=65 This is in response to the prior page (page 64) of the old forums, encountering the same problem.

In Admin > Configuration > Easy Populate -> Make Zero Products Inactive, is that showing as true or false?
    The makes zero products inactive is showing false. The all products are set to 0 quantity

Plugin Contributions

Could it be anything to do with the fact that I have / in some of my product catagories?

i.e

http://www.jiperformance.com/store/i...85_22390_22399

apart from that im not sure what is meant by

you are using an illegal date separator in your dates, or they are not raw dates. You can only use "." (period), "/" (slash) or "-" (hyphen).