Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Size Attributes for my producst

You really would love the book ...

So much is within those 400 pages ... so much to know ... so much to learn ...

Heck ... I even read it to remember what all we wrote or to review things and say, Gee now wasn't that a weak feature that we really ought to strengthen ... or, Gee, didn't we add something a version or two ago to handle this ...

I highly recommend the book ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Sorry Ajeh, I forgot to let you know what ring I made the change to! It's the 14 stone anniversary one! Cheerio! And yes, soon, me as a store owner will help this board out when my site generates some revenue, I promise to donate!

Richard

www.cosmickodiak.com
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Richard[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Newer than a Newbie, looking for help always!![/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]www.cosmickodiak.com/[/FONT]

Oh, oh! Ajeh!

Was I suppose to add the cost to each size to my rings as well? I tested it out and when I chose size 8 I got this message with an exclaimation!

Please correct the following:
    On the Option for: Size You picked an Invalid Selection: 8

I did not put the price in or the weight and I am wondering if this is causing this error message!?

That did not work either, I put the price in and the weight but I still got that message!

Plugin Contributions

Make sure that Size 8 is not set as Display Only ...

Depending on prices for the rings, if all sizes are the same then just put the price on the Product Price ...

If all Rings are different, you can either put the base price on Product Price and the difference on each attribute ...

Or, you can put the Product Price as 0.00 and mark it as Priced by Attribute and set each ring to its own Price ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Hi Ajeh. I have all these rings so far to be all one price no matter what size they are. My other wholesaler may be different, but for this lesson it's the same price but some rings are different sizes.

The dropdown menu came up, but when the size was selected, I got that error message.

So, I will try what you said on the last post here and let you know.

thank you Ajeh.

Richard

Ajeh! That was the problem!

Can you tell me if the Zen Book explains when to have display only on and off?

I kind of understand now, I am wondering when and why one would choose the "display only" set to "ON"! That's weird how it conflicts with the 'add to shopping cart' option.

Right now I have all the attributes like this XXOXX. So, the only one that is set to on is the middle one!

So, I will cut and paste your info. into my already 60pg note collection from this site!!!! Someday, I may be able to lend a hand on this forum for support for others !! I am so new, it's really that bad, you wouldn't think so when you go to my page. But, if one does not practice often, we tend to forget!! I really wish I got those "overrides" to work. Now, I am stuck with 1.3.7.1 unless there is a way to save the main colours, which I guess I could cut and paste the stylesheet.css and use it for reference for the colours and such.

Anyway, I thank you so much Ajeh, one of the best people on here that help us succeed. Now I just hope to make anykind of money and I can get a little fund going for Zen. Soon.

Plugin Contributions

The Display Only YES means that you can utilize this Option Value as the Default YES ...

If the customer just hits Add to Cart, they cannot ...

They must make a valid selection ...

Display Only YES
    Default YES

is designed to force this proper choice so people do not order the wrong Size, Color, etc. etc. etc.

I don't have my book handy, it's upstairs, but there is a lot of things like this in the book ...
    Linda McGrath

I see. Ya, if the book has explaination that cover even these topics it's worth the buy for sure as it should cover all aspects of the cart system at least one would hope to benefit 100% on the upkeep of our websites!

Is Zen Cart an affiliate of osCommerce cart? For some reason I feel they have a similar way of things, but I do notice that it has some tough code that is hard to navigate through to make changes. Of course I have not spent any time on this one although I could and have installed it, but then deleted it because I found it hard to make changes to it, it just seems a bit more complex compared to Zen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12