Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Local Sales Tax Mod (with admin!) for testing

absolutely it does, I'm just wondering where zen cart pulls the county zone info from when comparing it from the customers data? Are there customer fields I need to enable in admin to capture county information and is there some verifier that auto checks the county field for errors (like say against zip code) mod that you know of.

The thing I'm concerned is when a customer comes in can they manipulate the data fields they are filling our, or simply make a mistake which causes a calculation error one way or another.

Plugin Contributions

Humm, ok let me trying to explain this differently.
    Instead of setting up the entire state of CA as a zone you would set up each county as a zone instead.
    So for instance you would have CA - LA County, CA - Orange County, CA - Sacramento County etc.
    So when someone from CA orders they have to select the county they are in, since it doesn't give them just CA as an option.
    You then set up a zone tax for each county.
    Is that any clearer?

LadyHLG

Plugin Contributions

I think, let me build it out and if I need additional help I'll let you know...thanks Lady.

Coleby

Plugin Contributions

So when someone from CA orders they have to select the county they are in, since it doesn't give them just CA as an option.
    Where does it make them select a county?

Zidain

Plugin Contributions

OK I'm soo lost. I set up a new Zone being the county itself (California - LA County) and when I set up a test account and created a profile which uses that as the address it breaks by UPS-XML mod. So at this point unless you have new ideas guys I'm just going to charge whatever the least sales tax is for CA, 7% or whatever and just pay the difference out of pocket...I wish Zen was more flexible but it appears I've hit the wall here.

Zidain

Plugin Contributions

I've been testing my Zen Cart setup as a whole for the past week or so, in preparation for the new customers that I'll be getting from local sales events. So far this mod works great with "normal" payment modules. This might actually let me have an online store!

But things are not so good with Google Checkout. It still lists 0 tax, even when it correctly gets the shipping options. I'm not sure how their system pulls tax info from Zen Cart yet.

Thought you might like to know...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info, I have to admit I dont know much about the google checkout mod, I have looked at it a few times, but it seemed so buggy and the install was so far from straight forward that I didn't have the patience to try and install it(or read thru the massive thread on all the fixes). Also the last time I checked (and it has been a while and this may no longer be the case) google check out didn't pull any sales taxes from zen, they were all calculated on the google side. (Which is yet another reason I have not installed it.)
    Is this no longer the case? Does the google checkout mod even work with zone taxes? If anyone out there can answer that question I would like to know.

LadyHLG

Plugin Contributions

I'll look through the code and see if anything pops out at me. I know it's possible to send tax tables, it's right there in the XML API docs...

Plugin Contributions

Just some initial digging... In GC mod's response handler (appropriately named responsehandler.php) there are several references to taxes. Examples:

Code:
    $tax_amt = $data[$root]['order-adjustment']['total-tax']['VALUE'];
    $order->info['tax'] = $tax_amt;
    ...where $root and $data come from parsed XML. There are also some lines about taxes in invoice generation parts of the same file, but I'm not entirely sure about them yet. I wonder if we can override the line that sets $tax_amt? The address details seem to be there too, according to nearby code.

Plugin Contributions

I think the response handler takes care of the order after it has been processed by google and the customer is returning to the cart. Of course I could be completely wrong...

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast