Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: WorldPay Module for ZenCartv1.3x

Billing and Shipping address on worldpay seem to be mixed up ! maybe it has always been like this , but 6000 orders and this is the first person to call me and say its wrong ! im sure i would have tested it .

If you use a different billing address , zen-cart seems to send the shipping address to worldpay ! I have not changed anything on the site in 6 months and the server has not been upgraded or changed in anyway !

Any clues grateful , i get about 5 orders a day where the address's are different , this will soon annoy the hell out of the customers !

thanks
    Various Zen cart sites !

Plugin Contributions

After a little more testing , worldpay actually ignores Delivery / billing address's altogether and seems to take whatever is your primary address.

in other words if I have an account set up with Primary address A
    and then want to ship it elsewhere ( Address B ) and also have it billed to a 3rd address ( address C ) very rare I know , but it goes to prove a point .

Worldpay only ever takes address A !

I need to fix this .. Help.
    Various Zen cart sites !

Plugin Contributions

If you use a different billing address , zen-cart seems to send the shipping address to worldpay !
    It doesn't use the shipping address. It always uses the 'Primary' address set by the customer. The customer can change their primary address by logging in and clicking 'My Account'.

If you set either or both of the shipping and billing addresses to other than the primary address it will be the primary address which is sent to WorldPay.

The way the WorldPay module is set up the customer can change the billing address on the WorldPay payment pages. This address must match the billing address for the credit card being used. I would imagine most customers billing address will be fairly static which is why no one has noticed this before. Delivery address is more likely to change as customers may be ordering goods as a gift. In this which the billing address will be the purchaser's anyway.

I don't think it is a big issue but it might be worth considering a change at the next release.

Regards,

Alan

Plugin Contributions

Thanks , now I've calmed down and had time to think about it , I agree , it must be a very rare case , possibly 1 in 6000 for me !

Also I See why its never flagged before. Like you say , might be a nice addition to any new release.

( its all seemed to gone quiet on the major worldpay upgrade they scared us with ! )

Thanks again
    Various Zen cart sites !

Plugin Contributions

Apparently there is going to be a Major Upgrade in December by Worldpay and " some changes may affect your connection to the payment service".

Does anyone know if this is going to affect the ZenCart Worldpay module?
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Ryk,

Where are you getting your information that a major upgrade is on the cards?
    I can't see anything about it on the WorldPay site.

Alan

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by duncanad View Post
    Ryk,

Where are you getting your information that a major upgrade is on the cards?
    I can't see anything about it on the WorldPay site.

Alan
    I think you have to log in Alan

http://www.worldpay.com/support/upgrade/home.php?

actually ...

http://support.worldpay.com/kb/refer...gradefaqs.html
    Last edited by tigerbalm; 9 Nov 2007 at 10:45 PM. Reason: update

Plugin Contributions

Ryk,

It's OK I found the link on the Account Login page.

I've had a quick read through and I think most of the changes are at the WorldPay end, some to provide a better service for merchants and some to meet new security standards.

For example an organisiation will now not have a single login identity but each authorised admin within an organisation will have their own login and profile. This will achieve two things

1. Organist########s will be able to decide which areas within the WorldPay Control Panel each login has access to. i.e. access can be tailored to function.
    2. Any transaction carried out on the control panel can be traced to an individual.

Merchants need to be aware of this and should set up a separate login and profile for each of their authorised operatives. My reading of this is that this will not be optional but a mandatory requirement. Failure to do this will constitute a breach of regulatory requirements. There will be a requirement to to cross reference all transactions to login ID.

The above will have no impact on the current ZenCart WorldPay module.

There will be a change in the way Test transactions are handled. Currently these are directed according to the 'testMode' value. In future, if an order is processed using a testMode value of '100' or '101' and the URL for the live environment (the way test transactions are typically submitted on the current system), you will be presented with a page asking you if you want to redirect the submission to the (new) test environment (https://select-test.worldpay.com/wcc/purchase.) If you do not take this option, the transaction the test order will be directed to the live environment (https://select.worldpay.com/wcc/purchase). If your account is not live you will receive an error. If the installation is live, the result will depend on the card you used:

Test card: if you used a known test card number WorldPay will block the transaction.

Live card: WorldPay will submit the card details to the card-issuing bank, where it will be processed like any other payment - they decide if the transaction should be authorised or refused. In the case where the transaction is authorised, funds will be debited from the card and you would have to perform a cancellation or a refund to recover those funds.

If you do opt to send the test transaction to the test environment, the transaction is sent to the test environment, processed and reported (in the test environment) according to what you specified in the Shopper Name field.

The above means that the current ZenCart module will still work OK after the upgrade but Users will need to be careful how they respond to the choices they will now be offered.

A better solution will require a minor change to the module so that in 'Test' mode the module directs to the test environment URL and avoids any confusing choices being presented. This shouldn't be a big issue except that WorldPay don't seem to have set a date for the upgrade to be implemented.

There are also some installation specific issues which merchants should be aware of so those who have a WorldPay account should read the section on the upgrade themselves to ensure that they understand any procedural changes they require to make.

If anyone thinks there are any further technical changes that may be required to the module please post details here.

Regards,

Alan

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that - you've explained clearly.

I believe this was due to happen, but the client who queried me has been told it will be 8 December
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone know how to delete some of the credit card images on World Pay?

Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast