Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Define Pages Generator - Support

Quote Originally Posted by banswidthjunkie View Post
    @crabdance <- don't feel like you are being an *ss for asking questions, none of my friends can program and when I try to explain it to them they don't understand. I wouldn't even like to think about how long I have spent learning programing languages. I spent a solid year learning virtually every nuance of C++ on government money and since then I can pick up a new language pretty quickly (although I still get very frustrated with CSS). Programing is hard, my philosphy is that anyone who is willing to give it a go deserves a little patience.
    Hi Banswidthjunkie... thanks for making me feel better about the many questions. I understand about how much time you can put into learning programming languages. I have certainly spent a lot of time myself. I don't do it much anymore (by choice lol). Once I understand ZC (or at least enough of it), I hope that I can make contributions too.

If you don't mind... let me try at asking my question again. I understand that I can put: echo '<a href="' . $link_to_my_page . '">Link Text</a>'; in the
    includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_header.php file in the navMain ID section.

Now I just need to know where I should put:
    $link_to_my_page = zen_href_link( FILENAME_MY_PAGE, '' );
    There must be a standard place where you put this. If you were going to put a link in the nav bar to your page, where would you put this code?

Once again... thanks for the patience and kindness.

Plugin Contributions

Oh... I love CSS. Almost all of my site was done with the CSS stylesheet. I still don't understand it really well but I think that it is cool how it works. Here's wishing you better times with the CSS files!
    Last edited by crabdance; 21 Dec 2007 at 04:11 AM. Reason: typo:

Plugin Contributions

personally, I would put
    $link_to_my_page = zen_href_link( FILENAME_MY_PAGE, '' );
    on the line above the line where i wrote
    echo '<a href="' . $link_to_my_page . '">Link Text</a>';

You should think of php as a printer. Unlike C++, php is a lazyboy easy language. If you step even an inch out of line with C++ it puts you in your place and lets you know who's boss. But php lets you do what you want.

"echo" means print, everything other than echo is stuff you need to do to print.

By the way don't bother watchong Flock with Richard Gere, it's rubbish.

Plugin Contributions

Or, why not just:
    echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link( FILENAME_MY_PAGE, '' ) . '">Link Text</a>';
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Ok... I'm trying to get the one liner to work. Give me a bit to play around with it and I will either ask more questions or let you know how things are going.

Plugin Contributions

Ok... I have got it to work some. I have created a "4Fun" link in the nav bar and it takes me to "some" page but I'm not sure if it's the right one. Here is what the url window shows in FF: http://tranquillas.com/biz/index.php?main_page=4fun
    I went into the "define pages editor" and changed the color of the sample text to red (my background is black)... but the sample text does not appear to show up.

Would either of you mind taking a look at my site and see what I'm talking about. Hey... I'm just tickled that I got something to show up on the nav bar <grin>

thanks for the help.
    Last edited by crabdance; 21 Dec 2007 at 04:58 AM. Reason: oops

Plugin Contributions

I just noticed that my nav bar title is not working. Who do need to shoot in order to get that working lol...

I will be checking out the code(s) until I hear from either of you.

tanks

Plugin Contributions

Seem like some files are not placed in the correct folder.
    Make sure you input the correct name of your template when you create new "page".
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    Seem like some files are not placed in the correct folder.
    Make sure you input the correct name of your template when you create new "page".
    The files MUST be in the right order because I just did a drag and drop in FileZilla. The correct name for the template is 4fun. Here's where my code is (if that helps).

<div id="navMain">
    <ul class="back">
    <li><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'; ?><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG; ?></a></li>
    <?php if ($_SESSION['customer_id']) { ?>
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a></li>
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a></li>
    <?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link( FILENAME_4FUN, '' ) . '">4Fun</a>'; ?>
    <?php
    } else {
    if (STORE_STATUS == '0') {
    ?>

<li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN; ?></a></li>
    <?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link( FILENAME_4FUN, '' ) . '">4Fun</a>'; ?>
    <?php } } ?>

<?php if ($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() != 0) { ?>
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a></li>
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a></li>
    <?php }?>
    </ul>
    </div>
    Hope this helps. At least I made a little ground (smile).
    Last edited by crabdance; 21 Dec 2007 at 05:36 AM. Reason: typo

Plugin Contributions

Just to let you know... I re-installed the files so that I was SURE that they were going into the right place. Behavior of the web page stays the same....

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast