Page 48 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Google Analytics - Support

I had Google Analytics working before (but e-Commerce never worked). I installed Simple Google Analytics and still have the same problem.

In my Zen Cart Admin, in the Google Analytics settings, target address is set to "Customers" (maybe it should be "billing"??) and I do have e-Commerce enabled in my Google Analytics settings.

I receive regular analytics data, but convesions always show as 0% even though I have made sales.

I also set up two goals, one for the shopping cart and one for checkout, and the shopping cart goal works and shows data but the checkout one does not.

I have "http://wyreworks.com/index.php?main_page=checkout_process" set as the page for the checkout goal, which i am pretty sure is correct. I am currently using PayPal IPN as my only method of payment (although if I can ever figure out how to get the shared secure server working with checkout I can add regular credit card processing as well, since I can take cards offline).

If anyone has any ideas how I can get e-Commerce working, I would be very grateful!! :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by surf7.net View Post
    Dear developer of this excellent mod,

Just wanna inform you that the included installation sql patch will delete configuration_key with configuration_group_id = 0

The effected keys are

PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT
    UPLOAD_PREFIX
    TEXT_PREFIX

Deletion of above keys will effect the proper functionality of Zen Cart.
    This happened to me after installing Simple Google Analytics Mod

What is the proper SQL syntax to re-insert these 3 keys with their default values?

I have my backedup databased and can see the line they appear on, but the line is huge (when viewing with text wrap it's over 1000 lines of code)

I would prefer not to roll back to my previous database backup in it's entirety since multiple orders have been placed since then while I was figuring out what was causing the issues I was experiencing on the site (tracking back the problems to those 3 keys, searched and found this thread)

Any help is much appreciated

The portions of that line of code that seem pertinent to those keys are:
    Code:
    (364,'Product option type Select','PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT','0','The number representing the Select type of product option.',0,NULL,'2007-10-08 10:56:19','2007-10-08 10:56:19',NULL,NULL)

(370,'Upload prefix','UPLOAD_PREFIX','upload_','Prefix used to differentiate between upload options and other options',0,NULL,'2007-10-08 10:56:19','2007-10-08 10:56:19',NULL,NULL)

(371,'Text prefix','TEXT_PREFIX','txt_','Prefix used to differentiate between text option values and other option values',0,NULL,'2007-10-08 10:56:19','2007-10-08 10:56:19',NULL,NULL)
    Last edited by jds580s; 2 Jan 2008 at 10:10 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wyreworks View Post
    I had Google Analytics working before (but e-Commerce never worked). I installed Simple Google Analytics and still have the same problem.

In my Zen Cart Admin, in the Google Analytics settings, target address is set to "Customers" (maybe it should be "billing"??) and I do have e-Commerce enabled in my Google Analytics settings.

I receive regular analytics data, but convesions always show as 0% even though I have made sales.

I also set up two goals, one for the shopping cart and one for checkout, and the shopping cart goal works and shows data but the checkout one does not.

I have "http://wyreworks.com/index.php?main_page=checkout_process" set as the page for the checkout goal, which i am pretty sure is correct. I am currently using PayPal IPN as my only method of payment (although if I can ever figure out how to get the shared secure server working with checkout I can add regular credit card processing as well, since I can take cards offline).

If anyone has any ideas how I can get e-Commerce working, I would be very grateful!! :)

Did you activate "e-commerce tracking" within your Google Analytics account? Just installing tracking code is not enough. You need to inform Google that you wish to track e-commerce transactions from within your Analytics profile. Set the radio button to "yes" (I want to track e-commerce data).
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jds580s View Post
    This happened to me after installing Simple Google Analytics Mod

What is the proper SQL syntax to re-insert these 3 keys with their default values?

I have my backedup databased and can see the line they appear on, but the line is huge (when viewing with text wrap it's over 1000 lines of code)

I would prefer not to roll back to my previous database backup in it's entirety since multiple orders have been placed since then while I was figuring out what was causing the issues I was experiencing on the site (tracking back the problems to those 3 keys, searched and found this thread)

Any help is much appreciated

The portions of that line of code that seem pertinent to those keys are:
    Code:
    (364,'Product option type Select','PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT','0','The number representing the Select type of product option.',0,NULL,'2007-10-08 10:56:19','2007-10-08 10:56:19',NULL,NULL)

(370,'Upload prefix','UPLOAD_PREFIX','upload_','Prefix used to differentiate between upload options and other options',0,NULL,'2007-10-08 10:56:19','2007-10-08 10:56:19',NULL,NULL)

(371,'Text prefix','TEXT_PREFIX','txt_','Prefix used to differentiate between text option values and other option values',0,NULL,'2007-10-08 10:56:19','2007-10-08 10:56:19',NULL,NULL)
    A few questions.

1) What version of Zen are you running?
    2) What other mods do you have installed (and were any others installed around the time you installed Simple GA?)

3) Are you certain the installation of the GA mod caused it?

Out of all the other users in this forum with the mod, there are only two that reported this (1 being you, and the other being surfnet7).

I have been unable to duplicate this on any install of Zen to date.

Let me know the above and we'll see if we can't get to the bottom of what may have caused it.
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    A few questions.

2) What other mods do you have installed (and were any others installed around the time you installed Simple GA?)

Out of all the other users in this forum with the mod, there are only two that reported this (1 being you, and the other being surfnet7).

Let me know the above and we'll see if we can't get to the bottom of what may have caused it.
    Hi... ok, here's what I have...

1) Zen Cart 1.3.7

2) yes, I have lots of other mods installed, and I've been working on the site a LOT in the last couple of weeks, so honestly I would have no idea if any of them are affecting Google Analytics. However, I only recently installed the Google Analytics mod, and I don't think I've done much since then.

3) I used to have the Google Analytics code in my header (or footer, can't remember now as I did it over a year ago), and I have always been able to get regular analytics data in my analytics account, but e-commerce tracking has never worked. I have always had e-commerce set to "yes" in my analytics settings, but it does not make a difference

4) I installed Simple Google Analytics, hoping that would automatically make the e-commerce tracking work correctly, but everything still seems to be the same as before I installed it, and it still shows as 0% even though I have made sales.

5) My current checkout method is PayPal IPN... I wonder if that has anything to do with it, since it goes to a 3rd party payment page?

thanks so much!

Plugin Contributions

I was reading so fast, only just now saw that these questions were for someone else, but maybe this info will help with my e-commerce problem, too :)

Quote Originally Posted by wyreworks View Post
    Hi... ok, here's what I have...

1) Zen Cart 1.3.7

2) yes, I have lots of other mods installed, and I've been working on the site a LOT in the last couple of weeks, so honestly I would have no idea if any of them are affecting Google Analytics. However, I only recently installed the Google Analytics mod, and I don't think I've done much since then.

3) I used to have the Google Analytics code in my header (or footer, can't remember now as I did it over a year ago), and I have always been able to get regular analytics data in my analytics account, but e-commerce tracking has never worked. I have always had e-commerce set to "yes" in my analytics settings, but it does not make a difference

4) I installed Simple Google Analytics, hoping that would automatically make the e-commerce tracking work correctly, but everything still seems to be the same as before I installed it, and it still shows as 0% even though I have made sales.

5) My current checkout method is PayPal IPN... I wonder if that has anything to do with it, since it goes to a 3rd party payment page?

thanks so much!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    A few questions.

Sorry should have included that info in the original post
    1. ZenCart version 1.3.7.1
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.7.1

2. The only other mod installed is FedEx which was installed at site launch (simple google analytics was installed post launch by about 2 months)
    No other changes happened to the site at the time of the google analytics add-on.

3. I won't say 100% certain, as there is always room for error, but everything I have reviewed and scrutinized over points to SGA as the culprit. I even asked the host to check error logs and see if there were any updates that might have been responsible for the server behaving differently or modifying the database, they took the time to help but were unable to find anything on their end.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Hello - trying to get done with Step one here. I haven't read this entire thread (that doesn't seem like it should be necessary), but I'm in need of some help.

From the first page of this thread, referencing the ReadMe Step 1:

>>
    By default this is in includes/templates/[your_template]/common/tpl_main_page.php

but could be located in includes/templates/[your_template]/common/tpl_header.php
    as well, depends on how your site has been templated.
    >>

I don't have an includes/templates/[your_template]/common/tpl_main_page.php, but I do have the header and footer.php.

The problem is when I open the header and do a ctrl+f for "body", I don't even have that text.

What is my first step here? v 1.3.7

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

All right well I found..

includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php

... should I modify this file and put it in my template directory with the header and footer.php?

Plugin Contributions

All right, now I've got a real problem..

Code:
    Warning: main(includes/templates/template_default/google_analytics/google_analytics.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in xxx/catalog/includes/templates/custom/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 182

Warning: main(includes/templates/template_default/google_analytics/google_analytics.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in xxx/catalog/includes/templates/custom/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 182

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/templates/template_default/google_analytics/google_analytics.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in xxx/catalog/includes/templates/custom/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 182
    Obviously it says it can't find a file but I need to know how to correct this. I ran the sql file from the admin, set up the configuration in the admin area with the proper google identification numbers for what, analytics and conversion tracking.

I go to test the conversion, click an Add from google, go to login to my site to make a "purchase" and I get this problem. Help? Thanks!