Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ridiculously slow- causes?

Hi all. Looks like I'm not the only on with speed issues. I'm currently using version 1.3.7 zen cart, MySQL 4.1.21, PHP Version 4.4.7, I'm on networksolution shared servers, customizing along the way. http://www.theroadletters.com/zen

I don't have that many products 64, no more than 4 attributes per product. Always been slow. But some of the query amounts seem high. when I go to checkout drifts into the 3000 range with 4 products in the cart and times around 12 sec.

I'm not sure if I screwed up the code to cause this, or it's the server(—I'm going to make a test move to host monster), or settings. I optimized based on comments here and from the Zen book.
    Little frustrated, because I love the Zen Cart, love the idea of open source, the very helpful community and the developers are fantastic!
    I want to try to solve the problems. Help please...

Thanks,
    Phil

Plugin Contributions

This is more or less a server or hosting issue ...

You do not have enough Products or Attributes to cause this slow down ...

I have clients with 80+ attributes per Product, 4000+ Products, 50,000 Attributes, 200+ Categories ... and they are running at 0.2 to 2.1 seconds ... with 75 to 150+ customers on at a time ...

You might look into our Certified Hosting at the top of your screen if your current hosting site cannot do a better job for you ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for replying so fast(much faster than my parse times...)

I'm looking into Host Monster. So it's not strange to have 4 products in the cart and during checkout have over 3000 queries? Or 510 queries for clicking on one product page without even adding it to the cart?

Also, am I understanding it correctly that parse time is total time and query time is the time it takes to get all the information and the time difference between the two is server related (and should be like 1 second not 4 seconds)

Thanks!

Phil

Plugin Contributions

Check this out
    http://www.carbonless.net/carbcart/i...42_284_243_309
    hit any product on that page,

it produces the following
    Parse Time: 0.839 - Number of Queries: 4134 - Query Time: 0.509318290131

so yea I would say that 4 seconds is way long

Plugin Contributions

OMG! Blazing fast. Just got off the phone with NetworkSolutions. They were honest and said it was because I wasn't on a dedicated server and that the mySQL wasn't on the local server (mentioned that's the way big hosting companies do it) (also said that I could pay $50 per month with them, but recommended I switch to a different company that has the mysql db local.)

As for Merlinpa1969, WOW, right on the money with that site and advice! Do you know who hosts that site? I was planning to go with Host Monster.

Thanks!
    Phil

PS
    You guys ROCK!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by FeenX View Post
    As for Merlinpa1969, WOW, right on the money with that site and advice! Do you know who hosts that site?
    You might want to PM Merlin for that information.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I was on godaddy - up to 15 second page load. Seriously. sometimes 2 seconds, but mostly 10 seconds or so, occasionally, 15 seconds. 15 seconds!?!?

Zen-certified hosting service that I chose? sub-second responses are the norm. I signed up, site was transferring within 2 hours of when I signed up and it was being done - BY THE NEW HOST. So, I've only been on the service for a day now, but very happy. I guess my point is - godaddy really is a registrar at heart and at $7 a month, it's a deal. But when every email you get is "is it your site, or is my computer slow"... customer satisfaction 101...

justteachit dot com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12