Plugin Contributions

Default Go Daddy help with Linux Server, please...

hello,

I would like to know if there is anyone that can help or direct me to help with installing a new template on a linux server. I think the directions for installation maybe different. I have tried the ones that came with the cherry, but no such luck. I am using the ftp client on the godaddy cpanel and placing the files in the includes folder. I have also tried to upload to the template folder.

I have sent questions to the maker of the template and was told: maybe I should hire someone.

So, if there is anyone that can give suggesstions for free I would be most greatful.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Go Daddy help with Linux Server, please...

Quote Originally Posted by RoniQ View Post
    hello,

I would like to know if there is anyone that can help or direct me to help with installing a new template on a linux server. I think the directions for installation maybe different. I have tried the ones that came with the cherry, but no such luck. I am using the ftp client on the godaddy cpanel and placing the files in the includes folder. I have also tried to upload to the template folder.

I have sent questions to the maker of the template and was told: maybe I should hire someone.

So, if there is anyone that can give suggesstions for free I would be most greatful.
    I apologize that my reply to you was rude. It did seem though that you were having particular trouble, and in my experience, people who are not familiar and are uncomfortable with dealing with zen cart files, end up doing something that requires them to reinstall completely. The intended meaning of my suggestion for you to hire someone was to say that paying someone a small amount to install the template may be worth the money vs. time and frustration spent. However, I was tired and frustrated last night, so my reply wasn't very tactful.

The template has been organized into the existing zen cart structure. so, all files in the includes folder are already where they need to be.

In your ftp program, you should see the top level zen cart files, like so:

admin
    cache
    editors
    email
    extras
    images
    includes <--- this is where the files go.
    etc.

So, once uploaded, a file should be here:
    includes/templates/cherry_zen/css/stylesheet.css

If you have the includes folder from the template locally on your computer, then upload that folder, all of the files should end up where they go online. Make sure you are logged into the top level of zen cart (usually public_html), you don't want to be logged into the includes folder itself, then you might end up with files like this: includes/includes/templates/cherry_zen/css/stylesheet.css. IF they were all successfully uploaded then you should be able to choose the template in the admin. If you don't see it, then all files weren't correctly uploaded.
    Last edited by jettrue; 15 Feb 2008 at 03:43 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you,

I must be going something wrong. And I dont want to mess any thing up. Therefore I will have to hire someone to help. Once i get it up there is trendous help here online for me to be able to keep up (hopefully). I am also thinking of getting the book. What do you all think?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RoniQ View Post
    Thank you,

I must be going something wrong. And I dont want to mess any thing up. Therefore I will have to hire someone to help. Once i get it up there is trendous help here online for me to be able to keep up (hopefully). I am also thinking of getting the book. What do you all think?
    I have installed and working 2 sites on Godaddy. with more or less 20 test sites
    1) Do not do it on cpanel. use filezilla and is free
    2) Jade's Templates are VERY neat, well explained and organized
    3) Just waiting to officially launch do first sales and send my donation for her
    4) If you need more help PM me will do the best to help you out.
    Marcelo

Plugin Contributions

Marcello63

I have just installed my 3rd site on GoDaddy, Version 1.3.8.

The first site is 1.3.7 and works perfect on MySql 4.0.27

The Second site is 1.3.7 and will not back up on MySql 4.1

The third site I erased: Version 1.3.8, would not backup on MySql 5.0 and on the Down for Maintenance page when you hit any link on that page , I get a totally blank page. Looking at the view source and it is blank.

GoDaddy says the error on the backups are within the Zencart program. I have yet to find where. I cross check the good store against the failing stores and there is no differance.

I'm wondering if I should find a new host as GoDaddy cannot guarentee their connection to the database.

Thanks
    John

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by elkbow View Post
    Marcello63

I have just installed my 3rd site on GoDaddy, Version 1.3.8.

The first site is 1.3.7 and works perfect on MySql 4.0.27

The Second site is 1.3.7 and will not back up on MySql 4.1

The third site I erased: Version 1.3.8, would not backup on MySql 5.0 and on the Down for Maintenance page when you hit any link on that page , I get a totally blank page. Looking at the view source and it is blank.

GoDaddy says the error on the backups are within the Zencart program. I have yet to find where. I cross check the good store against the failing stores and there is no differance.

I'm wondering if I should find a new host as GoDaddy cannot guarentee their connection to the database.

Thanks
    John
    Never Mind-- It's hard to work with GoDaddy. Found another host that was listed within this ZenCart forum that works just GREAT...
    They answer question in less than an hour. GoDaddy has taken up to 72 hours. - Go Figure!!!