Page 27 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: RSS2 Feed Contribution

Well that does explain a few things.. no wonder I couldn't find a place to populate the feed. thank-you for taking the time to explain that for me

I've heard a few people saying that they export the feeds to shopping sites, like yahoo... is this the same feed, or it that something else??

And why don't I have products showing up in the feed? http://zencart-demo-store.littleolem...&feed=products

I'm sorry if I'm asking stupid questions.. normally I'm pretty good at picking up on things.. and this is just going right over my head for some reason.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LittleOleMeDesigns View Post
    I've heard a few people saying that they export the feeds to shopping sites, like yahoo... is this the same feed, or it that something else??
    I'm not quite sure what you mean. As far as this being the same kind of feed... well an RSS feed is an RSS feed. If they are "exporting feeds to shopping sites", this RSS feed shouldn't be any different than any other RSS feed. As far as exporting to shopping sites like Yahoo, I am confused. I mean, you can subscribe to the feed using "My Yahoo", but thats all I know about.

And why don't I have products showing up in the feed? http://zencart-demo-store.littleolem...&feed=products
    I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but since you are using the demo store, the newest product was added on November 3, 2003. Since I didn't write this mod and am not an RSS expert, I don't know for sure if that is the problem. Try adding a product right now and see if it shows up on the feed a little while after that. Maybe those products are too old???? If that doesn't work, well... at least I tried!

Plugin Contributions

Maybe you're looking for something like this:

Google Base Feeder

or this:

Yahoo Product Submit Feeder

Plugin Contributions

Is the RSS feed supposed to show up in regular search?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Thank-You so much for trying. I'll try adding a product and see if that makes a difference. Seems like it should be retroactive if it's not.. but I guess the nature of a rss feed is to show new items... still.. there should be a way to get it to show existing items... hmmmmm...

I think that google base feeder and yahoo product submit feeder are what I'm looking for. I know there is some way to use the rss feed to submit your products to these mass shopping engines. I'm going to do some more research into that. I was more concerned with getting the rss feed to show products first.

Thank-You so much for trying to help me figure all this out!!

Plugin Contributions

Thank-You so much for trying. I'll try adding a product and see if that makes a difference. Seems like it should be retroactive if it's not.. but I guess the nature of a rss feed is to show new items... still.. there should be a way to get it to show existing items... hmmmmm...

I think that google base feeder and yahoo product submit feeder are what I'm looking for. I know there is some way to use the rss feed to submit your products to these mass shopping engines. I'm going to do some more research into that. I was more concerned with getting the rss feed to show products first.

Thank-You so much for trying to help me figure all this out!!
    Your featured and specials feeds are working fine. I believe the all products feed should show all products, regardless of when they were added, so there is a problem with that feed.

Plugin Contributions

v 2.1.4 14.02.2008 15:26
    1. Fix typo in rss_feed_title();
    2. Bugfix - fixed duplicated products;
    3. Move all cache functions to rss_feed class.
    4. Add cache files clear.

Please test it before using on products shops.

Plugin Contributions

I'll go through and try all that out. I'm trying to figure this out for a client.. so it's on a demo shop currently.. so if I break it playing around.. no worries..

Plugin Contributions

Okay, this is probably going to be a stupid question....but I'm going to ask anyway.

I've downloaded the latest update. However, there are no upgrade instructions, and the .sql files don't have an upgrade to 2.14. Should I just "assume" that all I have to do is over-write the old files?

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: RSS2 Feed Contribution

Hi,

I installed RSS and it works fine. I am not sure how to make use of it to bring in more traffic. Any suggestion? Thanks.
    Using zencart v.1.3.9e
    Email: admin AT dealbyethan DOT com

Page 27 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast