Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default blank page during install

Attempting a new install of v1.3.8a, and am getting the dreaded blank page running zc_install. The 'Install' welcome screen comes up, as does the License Agreement screen, but when the appropriate buttons are clicked to move on to the System Inspection -- it halts with a blank screen attempting to reference:

http://www.speedwellusa.com/shop/zc_...n_page=inspect

I've installed 1.3.7 on the same host several times now - different account, but identical configuration. When I was stumped with blank screen generation because of a PHP error elsewhere, I used the "Debug Error-logging Tool" -- I know it can be used to debug both zc pages and admin pages, but what about installation pages?

This may be a download error and I'll try to reload, but I'm restricted to dial-up access at this location and it is sloooooooow!

Is there a debug tool expert who can help?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: blank page during install

Me again -- for the record, I have access to the PHP error logs on my server and the error log appears to be empty -- not sure if I have to turn logging on somehow. Will check with the host support.

Plugin Contributions

Default (re) blank page during install

OK... I've received no suggestions on my previous post about this earlier today. I have since done a complete new download and new install from scratch. Once again I followed the install instructions meticulously (I believe), and once again it stalls with a blank page upon trying to do the 'System Inspection'. Once again, I checked the PHP error logs on my host's server I'm using, and there are no PHP errors reported.

I'm stumped. Does release 1.3.8 have any know installation problems or require any different install procedures than 1.3.7? (Which I have done successfully on two other accounts on the same hosting service with identical parameters). Help.

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: (re) blank page during install

php version, perhaps ???

Plugin Contributions

PHP 5.2 in every case -- those that work and the one that fails. Besides, the server's PHP error log shows no PHP errors.

Is it worth trying to install 1.3.7 in the account where 1.3.8 is failing? (I have 1.3.7 running fine on other accounts).

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Not really a good idea to install a redundant version, but what if you try this:-

Install 1.3.7 and get it operating... then, before you do anything else, do an UPGRADE to 1.3.8 (using the upgrade procedure).

Plugin Contributions

Default (update) blank page during install

OK... After numerous attempts to install v1.3.8 as described in previous posts, I downloaded and installed v1.3.7 without a hitch. ZenCart v1.3.8 just does not want to do the system inspection step on my host -- v1.3.7 sails through it, no problem.

With some trepidation, I guess I'll try to update, but first... a pint of Guinness to celebrate getting this far.

Whist I am so engaged, anyone have a clue as to why the install functions are different between the two releases?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: (update update) blank page during install

Same problem! After installing v1.3.7 without a hitch, I attempted to upgrade to v1.3.8a as advised here. I've struggled my way to the point I can easily install ZC - at least 1.3.7, but have never done an upgrade.

Having just installed 1.3.7, it has no modifications, overrides, etc., so I assume I can simply proceed with the upgrade instructions. The instructions say to load .../zc_install/index.php to your browser and chose "Database Upgrade" when prompted -- sounds simple, but the install procedure still loads a blank page at the point of doing a system inspection (again with no detectable PHP errors on my server) and apparently never gets to a stage where it asks about a database update. This is exactly what has stopped every attempt to install v1.3.8a, either as a new install, or now an attempted upgrade.

Is there any better documentation of how to do a simple upgrade on a system that has not been customized?

Are there any debugging aids to find out what is happening here?

I'd like to run current releases, but I've spent days on this and time is running out. These hassles are not giving me a good feeling about using Zen Cart long term, nor do the raft of problems others are reporting here. I'm impressed with the support they are getting from the volunteers, but the reports of so many problems with the 1.3.8 release are scary. Are there compelling reasons to upgrade, or should we just wait for it to settle down?

Plugin Contributions

Default impossible to upgrade 1.3.7 to 1.3.8?

As already discussed on the Installing on a Linux Server category of this forum, I cannot get v1.3.8a to install -- after repeated fresh downloads and multiple tries. In every case, zc_install displays the welcome page, asks for agreement to the license and terms, and --- throws up a blank page instead of performing the system inspection. All of this works perfectly when I install 1.3.7 on the same account, same host and server.

On the other forum it was suggested that I install 1.3.7 and simply upgrade it to 1.3.8 -- however, the instructions that came with the download (after pages of help to preserve modifications) essentially say to install 1.3.8, fold in your modifications from a previous install, and do a DB upgrade. How to do this if 1.3.8 won't install??

Is there a real "upgrade" option that upgrades a 1.3.7 based system to 1.3.8? Where is it documented?

Finally -- is 1.3.8 really worth all this bother?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: (update) blank page during install

Sorry to hear your install isn't going well. I've only installed a few times and it's been all 1.38... Have you checked the installation logs to see if anything is awry? In the /cache directory there are files zcInstalllog*** and zcInstallExceptiondetail*** - or something like that. See if there is anything in there pointing to an issue.

El Coyote
    justteachit

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast