Page 31 of 60 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Captcha using TTF & GD

captcha-number-subject-combo-in-one-1.0......

does not work, the picture appeared once and no more........

Plugin Contributions

I am using the Captcha using TTF & GD by Andrew Berezin

Thank you for this great mod.

While the captcha works nicely, it isn't the most attractive captcha I've seen. I understand that function is more important than appearance but is there a way to make the captcha background display look "friendlier"? The scattered lines have a schizoid look.

If you could point me to the files to edit and some helpful resources, I would take a stab at reformatting the background myself.

Thanks again for this great mod, I do appreciate your work, please don't take offense.

Plugin Contributions

Default captcha-number-subject-combo-in-one-1.0

At My Contact Us: Page I'm getting:

* Required information

Full Name:
    ENTRY_REQUIRED_SYMBOL
    Phone Number:
    ENTRY_REQUIRED_SYMBOL
    Email Address:
    ENTRY_REQUIRED_SYMBOL
    Subject:
    ENTRY_REQUIRED_SYMBOL

IMAGE_CAPTCHA_ALT
    TITLE_CAPTCHA TEXT_CAPTCHA

and no image for captcha.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nigelt74 View Post
    and again i am back

[FONT="Verdana"]ok the problem seems to be,

If I set the shop to require people to login before browsing, the captcha doesn't work on the registration page

I seem to have the same issue as Nigel74 and another couple of users. I have not seen his issue solved yet. Basically, captcha in the create account page does not work if the users are required to register prior to browsing. Once I allow them to browse freely, the create account CAPTCHA works fine. Any ideas?
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: captcha-number-subject-combo-in-one-1.0

Quote Originally Posted by glitterlisa View Post
    At My Contact Us: Page I'm getting:

* Required information

Full Name:
    ENTRY_REQUIRED_SYMBOL
    Phone Number:
    ENTRY_REQUIRED_SYMBOL
    Email Address:
    ENTRY_REQUIRED_SYMBOL
    Subject:
    ENTRY_REQUIRED_SYMBOL

IMAGE_CAPTCHA_ALT
    TITLE_CAPTCHA TEXT_CAPTCHA

and no image for captcha.
    When this error appears then you have a file not in the right place. Be sure to follow the instructions closely.

I will post the install instructions here step by step.

This is a live website we just installed this on less then 5 minutes ago http://host-99.org/pressure/index.php?main_page=login
    http://host-99.org/pressure/index.ph...age=contact_us

The above links show the image showing perfectly.

1. Make sure the captcha_img.php is within the root directory of ther store example /home/user/public_html/captcha_img.php

2. Fonts folder is installed in the root folder of the store as well example /home/user/public_html/fonts

3. Go through the includes folder rename any folder name your_template to the actual name of the your template, for example if you template name is classic name your_template folders classic once all folders are renamed drop the includes folder into the root folder of the store and let the folders automatically place them selves in the right locations.

4. Follow the same as above for the admin folder but there is no folder to rename simply drop into root as is.

5. Install the install.sql file into ino the Install SQL patches in admin or use the phpadmin of your control panel. Backup original sql before installing.

After install and sql injection go to admin --> configuration --> CAPTCHA to adjust your settings if you do not like default settings.

Thats it there is no core editing of any kind unless you have modified the files within this contrubition and then if they are edited you will have to merge over the changes by using a merging software WinMerge is a good software for this its FREE.

Wish you luck.
    PCI Certified Web Hosting - ControlScan, Security Metrics (Platinum Partner), McAfee, TrustKeeper
    Business Class Web Hosting - Linux and cPanel Powered

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    I just installed this mod (also has the Telephone Not Required on Signup) on my Test site. Now I am getting the dreaded Blank Page. The error log says this:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/swiker2/public_html/zentest/includes/classes/captcha.php on line 337
    The code on that line is this:

PHP Code:
    $za_dir->close(); 
    Can anyone give me some advice on how to fix this?

Thank you,
    Steve
    Zen cart version: 1.3.9h

Plugin Contributions

Have you tried just installing the original captcha first and see what happens
    PCI Certified Web Hosting - ControlScan, Security Metrics (Platinum Partner), McAfee, TrustKeeper
    Business Class Web Hosting - Linux and cPanel Powered

Plugin Contributions

No I hadn't tried that. According to the download section they were the same version. I noticed another user had this same question but then they posted that they commented out that particular section of code. I just tried that and it started working.

Now on your advice/suggestion I download the original Captcha and then uploaded the file that was causing the error. I compared the 2 captcha.php files (original version and the version I installed 1st) and according to WinMerge they were identical. When I uploaded the original version of captcha.php into /includes/languages/classes/ it overwrote the captcha.php that I had commented out the bad code so it was back to the way it was before I commented it out. Yet it is still working so this confuses me.

It didn't work so I commented out the section of code the error log said was causing the problem. I uploaded the original captcha.php file, which is identical, and it is still working (section of code is not commented). I will not even try to figure out what's going on.

Very strange but I am thankful it's working.

I am rambling ... super tired. FatGuyinAZ needs sleep. lol

Anyway, all is good at the moment.

Thank you,
    Steve
    Zen cart version: 1.3.9h

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dimmyr View Post
    I seem to have the same issue as Nigel74 and another couple of users. I have not seen his issue solved yet. Basically, captcha in the create account page does not work if the users are required to register prior to browsing. Once I allow them to browse freely, the create account CAPTCHA works fine. Any ideas?[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT="Verdana"]So, can anyone help?[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nigelt74 View Post
    and again i am back

ok the problem seems to be,

If I set the shop to require people to login before browsing, the captcha doesn't work on the registration page

I seem to have the same issue as Nigel74 and another couple of users. I have not seen his issue solved yet. Basically, captcha in the create account page does not work if the users are required to register prior to browsing. Once I allow them to browse freely, the create account CAPTCHA works fine. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by dimmyr View Post
    [FONT="Verdana"]So, can anyone help?[/FONT]
    Anyone???

Page 31 of 60 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast