Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Botched Installation? No Index, no Admin?

Thanks to Docter Byte, Stevesh and all the poeple that make ZenCart soar. I am getting a copy of "e-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart by Goh Koon Hoek", and then take it from there.
    I am also looking into the Hosting server aspect if I will switch from my hosts concerning the hosting of Zencart. I have been satisfied with their services for now, but they say you wouldn't know, until you know.

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Good decision to buy the book - but its focus is on "front-end" and admin console operations - not core code.

It would appear that your challenge is in server settings and configuration - a complex and detailed area and one that is difficult to diagnose by forum helpers unless they can get access to your server(s) - something that is not really advisable!

It may be in your interests to consider discussing your needs with a host that not only understands ZC and "morally" supports it, but whose servers are properly configured to handle it.

That's why "recommended hosts" get a mention on the ZC site, as they have generally demonstrated that they posess these attributes in one way or another.

Plugin Contributions

Hello Everyone,
    After the last post by DrByte I consulted my Hosts and gave them the Link to this forum thread and drew their attention to the fact that my Zencart woes for the aferesaid domains may due to THEM. I was initially told to make sure my PHP.ini was set up to meet Zencart's stsndards. (Would Zencart Install if your PHP.ini is already not correct?). Later I was told "The ZenCart Admin login problem may be due to Mod_security. I have adjusted
    that for you on saginfoods.com. Please try accessing it now at
    http://www.saginfoods.com/estore/admin/login".
    When asked how this was done I was told to insert a line :
    "All you would need to do to adjust the Mod_security setting on your other addon domain accounts to allow Admin to work properly for your /estore is to disable the feature by entering the following statement into the .htaccess file located in the /admin folder: SecFilterEngine Off
    Just add that line and it will correct the problem."
    Though I now get the Admin login screen, when I try to Login I get a 404 error. Please try login with a wrong admin name and pass to experience the error :
    http://www.saginfoods.com/estore/admin/login.php
    When I inserted the SecfilterEngine Off" in my other .htaccess files in the Admin folder, the Admin screen will still not Show.
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Botched Installation? No Index, no Admin? - HOW IT WAS SOLVED!

Hello Everybody,
    The zencart at the the domains ealier mentioned in this thread is now working and ready for configuration. Now I can login to Admin at both
    www.saginfoods.com and www.charlottfieldsintlfooddist.com.
    How?
    I went back to the basics
    1.deleted my installation
    2. deleted all database and tables associated with it.
    3.Downloaded a new copy of Zencart.
    4. uploaded it back to the directories i wanted Zencart Installed
    5.created new database
    and literally followed:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=107 I did not Enable SSL this time at installation and I did populate the strore with the provided sample items and HOORAY it WORKS.
    Anyway what I went through tyring to get my zencart to run (not due to the program)has enlighthened me.
    I heard somebody saying the"Difference between adventure and Ordeal is Attitude".
    Thanks. Much Respect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12