Plugin Contributions

Default No HTML emails when not in English mode

I only have HTML-Emails in english language. When I use my custom language (german) the e-mails are only text.
    I copy over the german language files from a 1.3.7. shop where all things work and I compared the files with the english ones to find new keys.
    The same is when I use the preview in menu tools --> Email welcome
    In english language both versions (HTML and Text) are shown in german only the Text E-Mail. At the top of the site a red bar appears in german language --header--.
    But I find no new entry "header" in the language files. And on the old shop all works well.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No HTML emails

I know now that it is nothing in the language files, because I rename and change one after the other the main language files and the language folders. And it is still the same in english langage HTML E-Mails are possible in custom language not.

Plugin Contributions

Now I change the template to classic green and it is still the same. No HTML-Emails in custom language.
    It can't be a contribution, it must be the 1.3.8a shop.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: No HTML emails

Hello,

is the one who had programmed that part of zen-cart not longer in this forum? I think this person must know what "header" is used for emails and not to find in other languages than english.
    The mistake is not in the language files because it also didn't work when changing language files and folders.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by michaelhl View Post
    I only have HTML-Emails in english language. When I use my custom language (german) the e-mails are only text.
    I copy over the german language files from a 1.3.7. shop where all things work and I compared the files with the english ones to find new keys.
    The english HTML emails are built from the files in the /email folder.
    If you have other languages, you'll need to create your own HTML email template files and put them into subfolders named according to the 2-letter language code.
    ie:
    /email/de/
    /email/es/
    /email/fr/

This has been discussed in a few other topics elsewhere on the forum, and has been added to the Email Troubleshooting guide here: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Email_Problems

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Dr.Byte.

Now it works. Thanks again.