Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Shopping Cart Changes

I would like to change more than just the text and title of my Shopping Cart. In particular, I would like to
    1. get rid of the line that states "Total Items: xx Weight: yy lbs Amount: $zz"
    2. get rid of the button that allows a user to change the quantity of the item in the shopping cart
    3. get rid of the "estimate shipping" button

Where do I make such changes?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shopping Cart Changes

To get rid of that first line, I went to
    catalog/includes/modules/pages/shopping_cart/header_php.php, found where a variable called $totalsDisplay is set to "", and commented out the lines that directly follow which alter this to something other than "".

Unfortunately there is no override system for "pages" in the modules directory, so I just copied over the old file with the new. I've made a note of it and when updates occur, I'll go back and do it again (as it will be overwritten).

I am still looking for how to get rid of that allows a user to change the quantity of an item in the basket (if I knew its name I could use Developer's Tool Kit) and how to get rid of the "Estimate Shipping" button. The answer may lie before me in that header_php.php file, but it gets a little dense in there for the likes of me.

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

All these features can be switched off in the ADMIN panel.

No need to edit code.

Your questions have been asked and answered many times in the forum. Have you tried a search on the forum, for these answers? Also, you can use the TUTORIALS and WIKI to solve your issues.

... no need to hack the code (in most cases).

Plugin Contributions

About that button that allows a user to change the quantity of the item in the shopping cart. It seems to be called the buttonUpdate when we're talking about a product's attributes; its constant is ICON_IMAGE_UPDATE.

I got rid of it in the shopping cart by commenting out two separate lines (as it was appearing twice) in /catalog/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_shopping_cart_default.php (after I made the changes, I saved it to /catalog/includes/templates/custom/templates/tpl_shopping_cart_default.php where custom is my custom folder). The first is around line 80 ( echo $product['buttonUpdate']; ) and the second is around line 143 ( <div class="buttonRow back"><?php echo zen_image_submit(ICON_IMAGE_UPDATE, ICON_UPDATE_ALT); ?></div>
    )

You can get rid of the "estimate shipping" button from the configuration in admin. Go to Configuration => Shipping/Packaging => and setting "Shipping Estimator Display Settings for Shopping Cart" to 0.

Plugin Contributions

Did you try just setting on the Product that you do not want to use a quantity to turn if off on the Product itself?
    Products Quantity Box Shows: Yes, Show Quantity Box No, Do not show Quantity Box
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks fairestcape for your reply. Didn't see it 'til now.

Just so others know and the thread is complete,

• you can turn off totals above the shopping cart from the Admin Panel: Configuration > Layout Settings > Shopping Cart - Show Totals.
    • you can turn off the shipping estimator button from the Admin Panel: Configuration > Shipping/Packaging > Shipping Estimator Display Settings for Shopping Cart.
    • to turn off the update quantities button (search buttonUpdate or ICON_IMAGE_UPDATE), if you can do it from Admin Panel, I don't know how. See my previous post for a method that worked for me.

Plugin Contributions

The update button on the Shopping Cart is controlled in the Configuration ... Stock ...
    Show Shopping Cart - Update Cart Button Location
    Show on Shopping Cart Update Cart Button Location as:

1= Next to each Qty Box
    2= Below all Products
    3= Both Next to each Qty Box and Below all Products
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Did you try just setting on the Product that you do not want to use a quantity to turn if off on the Product itself?
    I have selected the "No, Do not show Quantity Box" option

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    The update button on the Shopping Cart is controlled in the Configuration ... Stock ...
    What I am looking for is the non-existent option 0 (to not have it show up at all).

Thanks for looking at this, Linda.

Plugin Contributions

Go to your Tools ... Developers Tool Kit ...

In the TOP input box enter:
    SHOW_SHOPPING_CART_UPDATE

Select NONE from the dropdown and click SEARCH ...

What comes up?

It should bring up where that is stored in the database and there will be an EDIT button to take you there ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda,

Did that (thanks for the suggestion). However, when I click on edit, it takes me to where you suggested before: Configuration > Stock > Show Shopping Cart - Update Cart Button Location.

When I select 1=Next to each Qty Box, the update button shows up inside the list of products in the cart, right after where Qty is given and right before the product name.

When I select 2=Below all Products, the update button shows up after the list of products in the cart, right after the "back to Shopping" button.

When I select 3=Both Next to each Qty Box and Below all Products, the update button shows up in both places.

What I'd really like is non-existent option 0, for "off". It's no big deal though, as I can just turn it off inside tpl_shopping_cart_default.php, but you might want to make a note of it for the next update?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast