Thread: Header problems

help question Header problems

Hi. I have read the tutorials and have customized zen cart v.1.3.7 and just upgraded to v1.3.8.

Even after pouring over the tutorials and my past notes I cannot figure out how to center my logo, and drop the rest of the page down below my logo.

Please look here: http://www.lasilhouettelingerie.com/store/ at my new store. And here is my old store logo: http://www.lasilhouettelingerie.com/index.php which is what I am trying to achieve. How can I get the logo on the very top of the page centered and delete the old logo underneath, while pushing everything else down below the logo? Any ideas on which file to change? If so I can compare to my old file, I just can't find it for some reason.

I looked through my header, footer, and tpl files even the older files from the older store. But I cannot find which file this setting would be located in.

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Header problems

Code:
    #logoWrapper {stylesheet.css (line 194)
    background-color:#FFFF7D;
    background-image:url(../images/header_bg.jpg);
    background-repeat:repeat-x;
    height:75px;
    }
    Where is says height:75px;, change that to 240 pixels.
    Take out the tagline if you're not using it.
    Also, if you make the banner the same width as your site (750px) it should line up nicely edge to edge and not need to be centered.

Oh yea, you're editing the /includes/templates/YOURTHEME/css/stylesheet.css

And change the background-color of your #logoWrapper to #ffffb2, and take out the background-image line.

-Tim
    Last edited by yelow; 12 Nov 2008 at 07:38 PM. Reason: clarification
    <!-- just commenting -->

Yelow,

Wow I can see how I missed that. I was looking into my alternatate template files but not my .css.

I will change the banner color and size to match the website but I do have two more question.

1. Tag Line Goes Here: I removed this an placed it into my template folder. Isn't this located in the english.php file?
    2. Do you see an error on the top of the page here: http://www.lasilhouettelingerie.com/store/? (I colored all of it yellow so that you cannot see the text). If so what code can I remove so that php errors do not show on the top of the store page? (The admin page is fine of course but I don't want my visitors to see the php errors on the top of the store page).

Plugin Contributions

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/lasilhou/public_html/store/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file (read-only, CHMOD 644 or 444 are typical). You may need to use your webhost control panel/file-manager to change the permissions effectively. Contact your webhost for assistance.

ZenCart will remove the error itself once you tend to fixing it. ;)

Your Config.php file is what holds the location, username and password to your database, and much else, so I'd secure it if I were you.

On a linux server, you CHMOD the file. On a Windows server, it's sufficient to right-click and click properties and Read-Only.

-Tim

p.s. just because you colored it the same doesn't mean you can't see it!

...oh and I'm not sure about the Tag Line, but it's definitely still there also.
    <!-- just commenting -->

Yelow,

I chmoded the file to 444 in both filezilla and then in my hosting control panel. The file is at 444 so I am not worried about someone writing to this file.

In my last store I think I removed Echo on the top of the index.php file which takes off the warnings on the store front. Do you know if this is correct? I really don't like the php warnings on the top of the storefront so visitors can see.

Plugin Contributions

If the file really is at 4-4-4, ZenCart should not be displaying this error. There is a way to remove the error section, but then you won't see any other errors you might have until it turns into an irreparable problem or something.

-Tim
    <!-- just commenting -->

It is at 644 not 444 (sorry). I am talking with my tech support for my hosting control panel to see if it says 644 now.

Even according to my hosting tech support the configure file is at 644 (My server does allow 644's they are all over my websites). He says there has to be something wrong with the script. Any ideas?

Yelow,

I was start a new thread for my error message. Thank you for your help!

Plugin Contributions

No problem. I hope you work it out, rather than turning off a safety feature. Good luck.

-Tim
    <!-- just commenting -->