Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How do I tell ZenCart I've made an offline sale?

Hi,

I sell my products at markets/fairs/etc and am trying to work out how to tell Zen-cart that I have made these sales so that the stock levels are correct. I know I could just go into the products pages and change the quantities, but I'd prefer to tell it that these products have been sold so I can take advantage of using "Best sellers" on my site, and also use the reports feature on Zencart Admin to see at a glance what is selling/what isn't selling

Does Admin have this feature?

Thanks,
    Adam.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to tell ZenCart you've made an offline sale

You can try the Login as Customer along with Add a Customer thru admin. Both available from the Free Software Add Ons tab above.

Tina

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Tina, but it seems like overkill for what I'm trying to do, and I'm a bit nervous about the security on that mod (tried the demos too but links aren't working).

I've had another thought but not sure it is possible either. Can I create a new customer account and specify that this customer only can pay offline. I can then just "buy" my own products through the web site without having to pay via PayPal for them. The downside is I don't want to accept offline payment generally. This would be a good workaround for me.

Thanks,
    Adam.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ajhb View Post
    I've had another thought but not sure it is possible either. Can I create a new customer account and specify that this customer only can pay offline. I can then just "buy" my own products through the web site without having to pay via PayPal for them. The downside is I don't want to accept offline payment generally. This would be a good workaround for me.
    This would certainly work. Download the Invoice contribution, create a group called "invoice" and put these customers that group. Then, when you are checking them out, pay by Invoice. This method would not be available to other customers.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Support
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    This would certainly work. Download the Invoice contribution, create a group called "invoice" and put these customers that group. Then, when you are checking them out, pay by Invoice. This method would not be available to other customers.
    Great solution to op...thanks for posting...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I tell ZenCart I've made an offline sale?

Many thanks, I'll give this a try (I'd come up with another solution, involving zones instead of customers - adding a more unusual zone and only offering a Pay by Cheque for this zone, but your workaround may be better...).

Will post again on this when I have chance to implement next week...

Plugin Contributions

Sounds good, swguy. Before I install and play around, I'd like to be sure-

- Does the mod work for 1.38a?

- Can it work when my salesperson has a new customer on the phone and the cust does not wish to give all his billing info? I would like the salesperson to take all the other info thru the site, and not do anything in admin, have the system generate an order number, and then the salesperson charges the card thru our Virtual Terminal. Can Invoice do that?

Cheers,

Robbie

Plugin Contributions

I tried it as you suggested and it's a cool mod for the few customers I will allow to be invoiced. Thanks!

But please re-read my commercial note because what I'm looking for is different- to create an order while on the phone with a new customer, skip the billing info, have the order registered (generate an order number) but keep the Success page open to the order info, then my salespeople would go to my processor's Virtual Terminal and finish the sale, and finally return to the "temporary" Success page and click a button to officially confirm it.

Cheers,

Robbie

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by giftmeister View Post
    what I'm looking for is different- to create an order while on the phone with a new customer, skip the billing info, have the order registered (generate an order number) but keep the Success page open to the order info, then my salespeople would go to my processor's Virtual Terminal and finish the sale, and finally return to the "temporary" Success page and click a button to officially confirm it.

Cheers,

Robbie
    What you're really asking for is a POS system to be integrated into ZenCart. It's really the logically direction that most retailers will head in the coming years - combining face to face transactions at retail with web sales on one platform.

I'd love to see ZenCart at the forefront of this evolution.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I tell ZenCart I've made an offline sale?

I'm not sure about the full extent of that evolution since the card companies do charge more for VT transactions since there is little billing info. Yet I certainly would like to advance beyond writing on paper and then copying everything into the system!

R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast