Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default how do I refund an Authorize.net purchase?

Is there a place in zencart that you can refund an order that someone placed using authorize.net ? thanks for any help
    Tony V

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how do I refund an Authorize.net purchase?

Yup ... right in the admin when looking at the order's details. Available in v1.3.8 and newer.
    But, in 1.3.8, you'll have to enable it by making a small code edit: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...4&postcount=16

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Yup ... right in the admin when looking at the order's details. Available in v1.3.8 and newer.
    But, in 1.3.8, you'll have to enable it by making a small code edit: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...4&postcount=16
    ok, i have the same question.
    i have a client that wants to do partial refunds on several orders that have already occurred.
    so i make the code edit. does that affect prior transactions or only transactions that occurred after the edit?
    in order for authorize net to make the partial refund do i need to do something on their end as well as on zc? thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you are using v1.3.8, just make the code edit so the refund option becomes available.
    Remember, offering refunds only works as long as the transaction is still in a refundable state -- contact your merchant gateway provider for details on how long a transaction is refundable.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

much grass.
    will kick in some additional funds to the dev retirement account

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you are using v1.3.8, just make the code edit so the refund option becomes available.
    Remember, offering refunds only works as long as the transaction is still in a refundable state -- contact your merchant gateway provider for details on how long a transaction is refundable.
    ok, so the client has been trying to do the partial refunds in zen as described, but they are not showing up in authorizenet even after waiting hours. she is wondering whether to just do them at the authorizenet interface, but i would think that consistency issues would arise.

they are not past the 30 days window since she can do them in the auth.net site.

any suggestions wisdom is much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by zagnut View Post
    ok, so the client has been trying to do the partial refunds in zen as described, but they are not showing up in authorizenet even after waiting hours. she is wondering whether to just do them at the authorizenet interface, but i would think that consistency issues would arise.
    I'll try this again.
    I'm wondering if this order update communicates to authorizenet.
    at this point it seems not.
    if i need to tell the client to use authorizenet for the partial refund, then how best to handle the reconcilling with zen cart?
    use the aim refund solution from this thread.

Please, anyone related experience and can provide an answer or suggestion it would certain help the lack of any documentation regarding this area.

thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Using the "refund" option from within your Zen Cart admin area should send a command to authorize.net to issue the refund.
    You should see that refund showing up on your Authorize.net account/console.
    Nothing happens on the Zen Cart side except storing a comment in the order history about the refund. If you wish to mark the order as refunded or cancelled, you'll have to do that manually in Zen Cart anyway. So, you could always do your refund in the Authorize.net console and just add a comment in your Zen Cart order status history stating that you issued a refund. It's the same effect either way.

The code required the renaming of that particular function because it had not been fully tested before release. Thus, I'm not surprised that maybe it doesn't work for your particular use. However, many others have reported success using it.

Plugin Contributions

Hi DrByte,

I tried adding Refund functionality to my 1.3.8 Zencart site that uses Authorizenet AIM as well. I made the modification to the file you mentioned (includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_aim.php) but don't see any differences on the orders page (admin/orders.php).

I do have SuperOrders installed but never use it. Maybe I need to make some additional modifications for this to work?

thanks,
    Don

Plugin Contributions

Hi DrByte,

Happy holidays. I made the code change but the button does not appear. Any other ideas of places to look/changes to make?

thanks,
    Don

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast