Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Change Define Page URL

I created a new page using Define Page Creator & named it "New Page". The url looks like this mydomain.com/new_page.html. But I want it to be like this mydomain.com/new-page.html.

Is it possible?
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change Define Page URL

I'm assuming you are using a seo module, which one are you using?
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

I actually use magic seo url.

Plugin Contributions

Then you have to go to includes/modules/pages/ and change that new_page to new-page (folder).
    You also have to go to includes/templates/your_template/tpl_new_page_default.php and change it to tpl_new-page_default.php

Other changes may involved (try that first, if it doesnt work you can try the debug utility to see anything else needed to be changed).
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

I've tried both and does not seem to work. I tried the 'About Us Page' add on and I think its files & folders just the same as the page created by Define Page Creator. But the 'About Us Page' url did work .. about-us.html. I wonder why

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I've tried both and does not seem to work. I tried the 'About Us Page' add on and I think its files & folders just the same as the page created by Define Page Creator. But the 'About Us Page' url did work .. about-us.html. I wonder why
    If I remember correctly, magic seo url only translate a limited number of urls. You have to contact the author regarding this question.

Plugin Contributions

Alright then. Thank you for your assistance.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    If I remember correctly, magic seo url only translate a limited number of urls. You have to contact the author regarding this question.
    Magic SEO URL does not handle URLs from Define Page Editor, but MSU can be used with any other Add-On, so if you know about Rewrite Add-On which supports this (I don't - is there any? I don't track SSU, maybe there was some progress I overlooked) you can use it without any troubles.

@mr. miles: Anyway if you fall into troubles, contact me as usual.

Plugin Contributions

I would not recommend using SSU with any other seo url module, it will certainly mess things up and produce unexpected result. Anyway, miles, iRay is the author of Magic Seo Url and he is very helpful, you should check with him.

Plugin Contributions

After resetting my hosting account, I have uploaded all the backup files/folders to the new zen cart site. Everything's fine now except for some of the define page URL such as about_us page, best_sellers page (mod) and few others not working anymore.

Before that, the URL automatically produce itself. for e.g

index.php?main_page=best_sellers to best_sellers.html

But now whenever I type in the browser /best_sellers.html, it gives me this error page
    The requested URL /best_sellers.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    I talked to MSU support and he says it has nothing to do with MSU mod.

Does anyone know what has to do with this error? I want the URL back to normal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast