Page 307 of 394 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 3932
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Checkout module for Zen Cart (beta)

Sorry if this has been addressed in this thread already, but it's over 300 pages long and the old needles and haystacks phrase comes to mind.

My problem is when I select the Google Checkout radio button at the final stage of checkout and click "Confirm Order"... I am directed back to The Shopping Cart page.

I have disabled the big blue GC button at the foot of the page as I didn't see the point when all payment options are chosen from the radio buttons. The big blue button does go to Google, but how do I add association between the Confirm Order button button and the GoogleCheckout radio button??

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by alan_powerbrixx View Post
    I discovered that on my ZC 1.3.8a site, Google Checkout (googlecheckout 1.4.7 mod) was showing up as a radio button on the checkout_payment page, which it should not do. When it was selected, the checkout would proceed to confirmation, but when the submit button was pressed, the customer would be taken back to the shopping cart with no action taken. No order would be created, but the customer might assume that the order was complete, and abandon it.

I don't know if this was the best solution, but I decided to hack into the template file for the checkout_payment page (.../templates/tpl_checkout_payment_default.php) and skip the iteration of the "for" loop building the display of radio buttons, if the id of the module for that iteration is "googlecheckout."

Specifically, where the original version of tpl_checkout_payment_default.php (around lines 136-139) has this:
    PHP Code:
    <?php

if (sizeof($selection) > 1) {
            if (empty(
    $selection[$i]['noradio'])) {

?>
    I inserted a one-line if statement like this:
    PHP Code:
    <?php

if (sizeof($selection) > 1) {
            if (empty(
    $selection[$i]['noradio'])) {

// AJ 03/12/2009 - Skip Google Checkout
                // which should not appear on the checkout_payment page

if ($selection[$i]['id']=="googlecheckout") { continue; }

?>
    Admittedly this is a rather ugly workaround, but it seems to work. Does anyone have a better solution?
    hmmmmmmm I just tried to implement this workaround but still, clicking on the 'confirm order' button redirects to the fec_confirmation.php page and then instead of going to Google, takes me straight back to the shopping cart page...

Anyone know what gives?

Plugin Contributions

Could this be something to do with http://www.limelites.co.uk/googleche...nsehandler.php ??

When I enter this in a browser address bar, it seems to do nothing at all?

Plugin Contributions

OK, so I just tested my responsehandler.php at http://demo.globant.com/~brovagnati/...ndler_test.php and it came up blank.. something's definitely wrong with it... Anyone know where I'd begin fixing my responsehandler.php problem??

XML SENT
    Authorization: Basic XXXXXX:XXXXXX
    Content-Type: application/xml;charset=UTF-8
    Accept: application/xml;charset=UTF-8
    X-Origin-IP: 86.172.60.140

New-order-notification, Merchant-calculation-callback

XML RECEIVED
    (Totally blank)

Time to response: 189.008146048 segs Note: This script MUST response in less than 3 sec. so GC srv doesn't timeout.'

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by limelites View Post
    Could this be something to do with http://www.limelites.co.uk/googleche...nsehandler.php ??

When I enter this in a browser address bar, it seems to do nothing at all?
    Just some observations:

Your responsehandler.php currently redirects to google.com. The expected result of entering your responsehandler url is a login box. No need to log in - if you get the box, it is OK.

You don't have a "big blue button" on your login page. This seems to indicate that you are not using the GCO module provided /public_html/includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_login_default.php file.

You should not have GoogleCheckout as a radiobutton option if you installed the module correctly.

Those couple of things makes me think you did not install the templates correctly. And your responsehandler.php file is hosed.

My suggestion would be to remove GCO and try the GCO module installation again. For help with how to handle the templates try this thread:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74605

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chain_man View Post
    Just some observations:

Your responsehandler.php currently redirects to google.com. The expected result of entering your responsehandler url is a login box. No need to log in - if you get the box, it is OK.

You don't have a "big blue button" on your login page. This seems to indicate that you are not using the GCO module provided /public_html/includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_login_default.php file.

You should not have GoogleCheckout as a radiobutton option if you installed the module correctly.

Those couple of things makes me think you did not install the templates correctly. And your responsehandler.php file is hosed.

My suggestion would be to remove GCO and try the GCO module installation again. For help with how to handle the templates try this thread:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74605
    I don't get a box from responsehandler.php, but at the end of the day, it seems that googlechekout is working well and responsehandler.php is for communicating with ZC only? I don't care if it communicates with ZC so long as I get e-mail notification of orders via Google. So, no response handler=no sweat, so long as cash is generated. However, what do you mean by autoresponder is, "hosed" ?

I don't have a big blue button on my login page, but I don't refer to a big blue button on the login page either. The big blue button is only on my checkout page and that's where I refer to it. If you're seeing it on my login page then I don't know how that's possible??

MY GCO account setup works perfectly well and I don't wanna remove it (nightmare). I have removed the radio button by just editing the coding on the page but the question is, why on earth is a radio button generated if it's not an option? Seems bonkers to me!

I've had to make 'noradio' => true); and then edit my googlecheckout.php language file to generate an image below all the other radio buttons instructing people to use the Google Checkout button at the foot of the page (if that's how they wanna pay).

Wouldn't it be a whole lot simpler to allow a radio button option and associate it with the Confirm Order button?

Surely there's a way to associate the Confirm Order button with the GC radio button, so that it'd direct to googlecheckout site?

Plugin Contributions

I don't get a box from responsehandler.php, but at the end of the day, it seems that googlechekout is working well and responsehandler.php is for communicating with ZC only? I don't care if it communicates with ZC so long as I get e-mail notification of orders via Google. So, no response handler=no sweat, so long as cash is generated. However, what do you mean by autoresponder is, "hosed" ?
    I was refering to my clicking on the url you gave for responsehandler.php. I've never seen it redirect to google.com as yours did. Generally you would see a login box asking for a user id and password. That's the expected action when the responsehandler.php url is working correctly. Or you would see various 404 and 405 messages that the page or server could not be found.

Of course you are correct you can still get the money. If your responsehandler was working, though, you could complete the sale entirely from within your zen cart, without having to go to your Google account. And your sale info would automatically be registered in your admin. Your choice, though...

I don't have a big blue button on my login page, but I don't refer to a big blue button on the login page either. The big blue button is only on my checkout page and that's where I refer to it. If you're seeing it on my login page then I don't know how that's possible??
    I believe I said I was NOT seeing the big blue button on the login page.

In a successful standard installation of the GCO module you would have the big blue Google Checkout button in two places: the login page and in your shopping cart page when there's something in the cart. You will NOT have radiobuttons with Google Checkout as an option. You will NOT have to change code to remove the radiobutton.

MY GCO account setup works perfectly well and I don't wanna remove it (nightmare). I have removed the radio button by just editing the coding on the page but the question is, why on earth is a radio button generated if it's not an option? Seems bonkers to me!

I've had to make 'noradio' => true); and then edit my googlecheckout.php language file to generate an image below all the other radio buttons instructing people to use the Google Checkout button at the foot of the page (if that's how they wanna pay).
    See above...

Wouldn't it be a whole lot simpler to allow a radio button option and associate it with the Confirm Order button?

Surely there's a way to associate the Confirm Order button with the GC radio button, so that it'd direct to googlecheckout site?
    The original use agreement with Google was to have it behave as a full-service checkout that did not require a user to have an account with you before they could purchase. It was deliberately designed NOT to be simply a payment method, per Google.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Google Checkout module for Zen Cart (beta)

I was refering to my clicking on the url you gave for responsehandler.php. I've never seen it redirect to google.com as yours did. Generally you would see a login box asking for a user id and password. That's the expected action when the responsehandler.php url is working correctly. Or you would see various 404 and 405 messages that the page or server could not be found.

Of course you are correct you can still get the money. If your responsehandler was working, though, you could complete the sale entirely from within your zen cart, without having to go to your Google account. And your sale info would automatically be registered in your admin. Your choice, though...
    Granted, it would sure be useful if Google sales went through ZC Admin area, then I could print off invoices and such like. I have no idea why my responsehandler redirects to Google, I've not edited it or anything so how could it have a redirect script in it? Weird!! Apart from uninstalling and reinstalling GC, how would you recommend I get responsehandler acting normal?

Is there a possibility that it has something to do with my GoDaddy SSL certificate and my hosting provider being two defferent entities?

I believe I said I was NOT seeing the big blue button on the login page.

In a successful standard installation of the GCO module you would have the big blue Google Checkout button in two places: the login page and in your shopping cart page when there's something in the cart. You will NOT have radiobuttons with Google Checkout as an option. You will NOT have to change code to remove the radiobutton.
    Ahhhh, I see what you're saying now, sorry. I didn't want the Big Blue button on my login page, unless something was in the cart. If something is in cart then indeed, the big blue button will appear on the login page... try it and see :-) Clever eh?

The original use agreement with Google was to have it behave as a full-service checkout that did not require a user to have an account with you before they could purchase. It was deliberately designed NOT to be simply a payment method, per Google.
    I understand this now, but I don't think it's very clever and perhaps even misleading? The customer would've had the chance to checkout using Google prior to logging into the site. As above, the big blue button appears when there's something in your cart at the login page, so is that not compliance enough with the original user agreement?

If what you're saying is right, then after the customer chooses to log in anyway, why is the big blue button option still there at all?

It doesn't make sense to me to say a radio button option at the final confirm order page is violating the GoogleCheckout user agreement, but a big blue button on the exact same page is not? If the radio button was to do the exact same thing as the big blue button then how can that be a violation?

Surely you can see that yourself?

Plugin Contributions

Apart from uninstalling and reinstalling GC, how would you recommend I get responsehandler acting normal?
    The first thing I would try is to put a fresh copy of responsehandler.php on your site.

Is there a possibility that it has something to do with my GoDaddy SSL certificate and my hosting provider being two defferent entities?
    Not likely. I know of several people who have a godaddy ssl cert on non-godaddy sites.

Ahhhh, I see what you're saying now, sorry. I didn't want the Big Blue button on my login page, unless something was in the cart. If something is in cart then indeed, the big blue button will appear on the login page... try it and see :-) Clever eh?
    Clever, but not in accordance with Google policy. Google's intent was to enable someone to open a Google Checkout account without the need for them to log in to your site or to buy something. The GCO credentials would then be returned to you as customer info.

I understand this now, but I don't think it's very clever and perhaps even misleading? The customer would've had the chance to checkout using Google prior to logging into the site.
    Precisely. Believe it or not, the ability for a customer to make a purchase without logging in to your cart was an often-requested feature.

As above, the big blue button appears when there's something in your cart at the login page, so is that not compliance enough with the original user agreement?

If what you're saying is right, then after the customer chooses to log in anyway, why is the big blue button option still there at all?

It doesn't make sense to me to say a radio button option at the final confirm order page is violating the GoogleCheckout user agreement, but a big blue button on the exact same page is not? If the radio button was to do the exact same thing as the big blue button then how can that be a violation?

Surely you can see that yourself?
    I can't answer for what Google's intention was when they set it up. Maybe you ought to direct your "why" questions to them...

Plugin Contributions

Think ive got everything cracked on this module appart for at the very end when i return back to my store i get "Whoops! Your session has expired."

And when i look in admin there are no orders under any of the google order links. Plus i have it set to send out emails from ZC as well as google and they are not being sent.

It charges fine and everything and google send out the right emails.

Thanks in advance, i did go 10 pages back of the 300 and couldnt see anything so sorry if its been answered before.

Gareth