Page 10 of 226 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by giftpackaging View Post
    Hi Rod,

I have the austpost module installed.

When upgrades/benefits does this new ozpost have?
    The biggest benefit is that ozpost is the only code that will get updated and improved upon. :-)

Other improvements include:

1. Faster response times from the server (only one query is needed rather than a minimum of 3).
    2. Results are cached for even better performance.
    3. Only one server needs to be contacted for all quotes (rather than one server for the fixed priced methods and a different server for the variable priced methods).
    4. More accurate quotes for letter rates to different zones
    5. Better debugging functions (for those times when quote just don't seem 'right')
    5. Better organised shipping methods selection (admin)
    6. A couple of additional shipping methods added.
    7. Better OOP
    8. Both the server and client code is easier to update to add even more shipping methods if required.
    9. Server and client both use XML data for easier manipulation and futureproofing. (more versatile).

Those are just the main improvements off the top of my head.

All is not better though, the ozpost module currently has no means to split large or overwight parcels into multiple packages, so it may not be suitable for all stores.

Quote Originally Posted by giftpackaging View Post
    Can i keep my current update_product and collect_info files when switching to this module?
    Michael
    Yes (there have been no changes whatsover with these files).

If you are unsure about whether the upgrade is going to be worthwhile for you please keep in mind that both the Austpost and the ozpost modules can be installed concurrently, so if you do run into problems or issues you can simply disable it and continue to use your existing module.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod, thanks for such a quick reply!

Sounds great - i'll install it :)

Just needed to make I could keep those 2 files, as they have already been merged for the Dual pricing module.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod

Where you have set 25.00 and 99.00 as the default shipping amounts for national and international postage, how do I change these amounts to be formula derived, such that:

National Postage = Weight * x
    International Postage = Weight * y

where
    Weight is the total weight of an order
    x is the national multiplier (to be set by the store manager)
    y is the international multiplier (to be set by the store manager)

TIA

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dw08gm View Post
    Hi Rod

Where you have set 25.00 and 99.00 as the default shipping amounts for national and international postage, how do I change these amounts to be formula derived, such that:

National Postage = Weight * x
    International Postage = Weight * y

where
    Weight is the total weight of an order
    x is the national multiplier (to be set by the store manager)
    y is the international multiplier (to be set by the store manager)

TIA
    The short answer is "You don't".

The long answer is you will need to modify the ozpost.php code itself. This probably won't be too difficult because the the code calls a function (_get_cost_on_error) that, as the name suggests, gets the postage cost if there is an error.

All you need do is modify this function so that it returns the cost you desire. Currently all this function really does is retrieve the values from the database and determines whether to return the local value, the overseas value or whether to disable the module if the value is zero.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Rod

ps. I quite like this idea, it seems more practical than the fixed costs.

Plugin Contributions

I thought to change line 625 \includes\modules\shipping\ozpost.php

$db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Cost on Error', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_COST_ON_ERROR', '25.00,99.99', 'If an error occurs these Flat Rate fees will be used (The First value for Australian delivery. The second value for Overseas delivery.</br> A value of zero will disable this module on error.)', '6', '20', now())");
    similar to

$db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Cost on Error', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_COST_ON_ERROR', '10.00*[Weight],20*[Weight]', 'If an error occurs these Flat Rate fees will be used (The First value for Australian delivery. The second value for Overseas delivery.</br> A value of zero will disable this module on error.)', '6', '20', now())");
    However I have yet to work out how to call up the [Weight].

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dw08gm View Post
    I thought to change line 625 \includes\modules\shipping\ozpost.php
    However I have yet to work out how to call up the [Weight].
    That won't be of any use to you at all. That line of code is only ever called once, and that is during the installation procedure. All it does is set the defaults.

As per my previous post, the place to make the change is in the _get_error_cost() function.

As for the weight variable, you'll either need to make this a global variable to access it within the function (not recommended), or modify the function (and the code that calls it) to pass the weight as a parameter along with the $dest_country variable. (recommended).

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Rod,

Would it be possible to add a rounding option to the mod, where we can select to round the postage cost result up to the nearest say.... 50c, one dollar or five dollar amount?

Brett

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by FreestyleCab View Post
    Rod,

Would it be possible to add a rounding option to the mod, where we can select to round the postage cost result up to the nearest say.... 50c, one dollar or five dollar amount?

Brett
    Yes it is possible, but it isn't something that *I* will do on account of the fact that the aim of the module is to give *accurate* quotes.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Just wanted to THANK YOU. Don't even know much.....but was able to get this up and running on my site (not that it is live yet)!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod,
    First, I'm using the current version of zen, cherry zen template and a couple of other mods that I don't think would affect your mod. I don't know a lot about PHP yet, but a fair understanding of html, css. My shop isn't live yet. I had auspost installed, but completly removed it before installing this one.
    Whew!

I don't know if this is a bug or something I did wrong. In the admin, I was getting a broken image (the little logo) obviously not important but I thought I would let you know.
    To fix it I created a file structure similar to the one in auspost and uploaded an image. Funny thing was the file structure had to be..admin/DIR_WS_TEMPLATEStemplate_default/images/icons/ozpost_logo.jpg.
    Was the only way I could get it to work.

I'm a bit fussy about astetics so I've been creating some new images and I'm also wanting to make some changes to the pop up window. I wanted to get the numeral (indicater of days shipping) to line up vertically with the center of the image that precedes it.
    I also want to use the images, but have text for Days (Est' Delivery) Is that possible.
    I know it seems trivial.

I'm guessing that there are some files already in zen cart that work with the ones you created, and perhaps one of them styles the pop up. Am I way off?

My store is at http://countrytothecore.net
    You can log in as: [email protected]
    use password: tester
    There is a cart with an item in it for this user with two shipping addresses (one overseas) so you can see how it is looking.

Thanks for the mod and your time.
    David

Page 10 of 226 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast