Page 87 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newsletter-Only Subscriptions for v1.3x

Quote Originally Posted by tydallen View Post
    RE: Subscription Manger

Please let me know what the general consensus is about this add-on and if I am just better off using Outlook Express or something else.

It would also be nice if propspects were able to click on exactly what products they are interested in and notate if they are retail or wholesale customers please please please let me know the answers to these questions. Thanks
    Tyler
    You're giving too many tasks for this module. If prospective customers want more information about your products they will just use your contact form.

This module does a good job of collecting email addresses for your newsletter. I don't use the Zencart built-in newsletter because it overwhelms my server, but I use this module to collect my subscriber info and then import that into DADA mail, which allows me to limit the number of newsletters per hour.

Plugin Contributions

Ok is there no way to adjust a setting in zen cart as to slow down the release of emails so it will work.....

It stinks that no other customer info. is saved or prompted for when using just then subscription manager....

Plugin Contributions

It sounds to me like SM is just not a good product to maintain a database and do email marketing. What are some suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Ok is there no way to adjust a setting in zen cart as to slow down the release of emails so it will work.....

It stinks that no other customer info. is saved or prompted for when using just then subscription manager....
    You are allowed to modify it to ask for more information - open source and all that...

Plugin Contributions

I use to export the email addresses of the newsletter and send my newsletter out via group mail but when my subscription went up to 900+, it became too tedious to do it this way.

Now I just use the newsletter to let my customers know that the newsletter is ready to download and I provide a link to a page on my store. This works great! I get the traffic I need and customers are able to visit my store and see what is new as well as download the newsletter for themselves.

RE: Subscription Manger

I am honestly try to figure out if this is a good way to manage customers/prospects. So far it has been very quirky and I am unable to have a new prospect sign up to receive an HTML Newsletter. There is also no way to add notes about someone, contact info. etc unless they become a customer. Please let me know what the general consensus is about this add-on and if I am just better off using Outlook Express or something else.

It would also be nice if propspects were able to click on exactly what products they are interested in and notate if they are retail or wholesale customers please please please let me know the answers to these questions. Thanks
    Tyler

if I need to download the latest version how can I do that without loosing the contacts already in the version that I have...

Plugin Contributions

Default Importing

Im having some issues importing emails. I have a text file with

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

I cant get them to import into separate records? I either get the first oneto import into its own record or all of them into one record?

What Am I Doing Wrong??

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rwj View Post
    Problem solved. Corrupted file on download. downloaded new copy od mod -- works great.
    hi ZWJ
    what kind of new copy have you downloaded?
    I have the same problem "page not found"
    www.egame74.com console accessories

Plugin Contributions

So no one has problems importing emails into separate records using the import feature? If any one can give post up what they are doing to upload emails I would really appreciate it. My imports only load in the first email address from my text file.

Plugin Contributions

I'm trying to install this on a fresh install of ZenCart 1.3.8 with all security patched applied...Problem is the admin options don't show up so I can't use the mod in my header...

NM: I am retarded. Wasn't aware of the install manager.
    Last edited by khopek; 22 Oct 2009 at 09:58 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Suddenly, this sidebox isn't working.

The only change I made recently was adding define pages, but I looked through all those files and don't see any problems.

The errors I'm seeing look like the defines aren't working. So, for example, the sidebox header says "BOX_HEADING_SUBSCRIBE".

It has been a dog's age since I installed this; did my config's get overwritten some how?

Any thoughts? Help please!
    Tim

Page 87 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast