Page 108 of 291 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2907
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping (SEO)

I am showing a lot of errors like this ( File does not exist: /home/allnativ/public_html/xxxxx) in my PhpAdmin Error Log. Just wondering if its possible I've missed something in the Rewrite Rules or Htaccess file? Of course it may not have anything to do with installing this module. Just thought I'd ask.

Plugin Contributions

Using the latest version of zen cart and the CEON SEO module. The module works great...had no problem configuring it for most of my site. However, for one category it does not work. I cant figure out why it does not work. It even works for the first product in that category...but not for other products.

check this out. This works fine.

http://thecoolershade.com/store/Mens...n.Steel.Ring.I

This does not work at all.
    http://thecoolershade.com/store/Mens...sed.Steel.Ring

this only happens in the Men's Rings category and everything else works great. Any help is appreciated.
    Holligoly
    My favorite page... www.thecoolershade.com

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Holligoly View Post
    The example rewrite rules don't rewrite any URI ending in a dot and between 2 and four alphabetic characters. So the above URI isn't being rewritten.

You have to adjust your rewrite rules but please be aware that if you simply delete the following rewrite condition :

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.[a-zA-Z]{2,4}$

then no images will show on your site etc as their paths will also be rewritten
    (.jpg, .css etc.)

You can switch from using full stops or you can add exceptions for each extension one by one by removing the above line and adding them:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.jpg$
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.css$

etc

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by piker View Post
    I am showing a lot of errors like this ( File does not exist: /home/allnativ/public_html/xxxxx) in my PhpAdmin Error Log. Just wondering if its possible I've missed something in the Rewrite Rules or Htaccess file? Of course it may not have anything to do with installing this module. Just thought I'd ask.
    Possibly. It's impossible to tell without knowing what paths are throwing 404s!

It should be easy enough to go through your logs, see what paths are causing 404s, checking if a file is missing from that path or it the URI rewrite rule is blocking access to that path and adding an exception for that path. all the info you need for adding exceptions is in the documentation.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

By default if your site uses

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');

in your configure.php file then your homepage should just be /

If that isn't happening for you then you should check your htaccess file and your configure.php settings. You should also check if you have any hard-coded index.php?main_page=index links on your site.

I'm afraid that's as much help as I can be as anything else is probably a problem with your server/site setup which would need someone to take a look at manually. Good luck with this.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Configure.php is set to use / here is a copy of my htaccess file... I don't think anything is missing. If you have a min to give it a quick glance that would be great

Code:
    RewriteEngine on
    # redirects any URL that includes: record_company.php/password_forgotten.php
    RedirectMatch Permanent ^/(.*[record_company.php]+)/(password_forgotten.php)$ /page_not_found.php
    # redirects any URL that includes: /images/wp- with 'wp-' being anything that ends with '.php'
    # this allows for images named such as 'wp-header.jpg' to work
    RedirectMatch Permanent ^/(.*[images]+)/(wp-.*\.php)$ /page_not_found.php
    # Don't rewrite any URIs ending with a file extension (ending with .[xxxx])
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.[a-zA-Z]{2,4}$
    # Don't rewrite admin directory
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/admin.* [NC]
    # Don't rewrite editors directory
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/editors.* [NC]
    # Don't rewrite cPanel directories
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/cpanel.* [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/frontend.* [NC]
    # Don't rewrite blog directory
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/blog.* [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^blog.* [NC]
    # Handle all other URIs using Zen Cart (index.php)
    RewriteRule (.*) index.php?%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by new2u View Post
    Configure.php is set to use / here is a copy of my htaccess file... I don't think anything is missing. If you have a min to give it a quick glance that would be great
    That all looks okay. Which means it's probably something custom on your server I'm afraid.

You should be able to manually trace this by randomly outputting the contents of the server variables (using var_dump) and seeing where the index.php?main_page is being brought in. (Could be some mod changing the environment somehow, could be your webserver, I'm not sure).

Sorry I can't be of more help than that, but that's what I'd have to do in your situation to find out why that is happening and fix this behaviour.. on our server it sticks with / all the time (as it should do).

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

hello, Conor,

May i ask you another question about rewrite?

By adding table through phpMyadmin, is it possible to rewrite
    link
    www.example.com/category-one?&sort=20a&page=2
    to
    www.example.com/category-one-page-2

i tried to add table by phpMyadmin, but failed.
    settings are as follows:

main page: index
    query_string_parameters: cPath=3&sort=20s&page=2

thanks for your comments.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

That all looks okay. Which means it's probably something custom on your server I'm afraid.

You should be able to manually trace this by randomly outputting the contents of the server variables (using var_dump) and seeing where the index.php?main_page is being brought in. (Could be some mod changing the environment somehow, could be your webserver, I'm not sure).

Sorry I can't be of more help than that, but that's what I'd have to do in your situation to find out why that is happening and fix this behaviour.. on our server it sticks with / all the time (as it should do).

All the best..

Conor
    ceon
    Thanks for looking. I'll do the dump. It funny cus the template references DIR_WS_CATALOG which is configured to / in my config file.. crazy...

Plugin Contributions

So am I right in thinking that old pages that are linked from external sites will still be handled by the module so that they resolve to correct page???
    and
    that canonical links will be added to the site once this is installed?

Simonbbc

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by new2u View Post
    Thanks for looking. I'll do the dump. It funny cus the template references DIR_WS_CATALOG which is configured to / in my config file.. crazy...
    That eliminates that as a source of the problem.

YOu probably have hardlinks somewhere which reference index.php?main_page=index and google is picking up on them.

You also might simply have old google etc. links linking to index.php?main_page=index and it'll take time for them to disappear and to have only the / link represent the home page.

I'm afraid there's simply a few ways this could happen and they're all site specific, not natural behaviour caused by the module itself so I can only wish you luck in sorting this out.

It's not a massive deal though I must say, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist too and I personally can understand why a wee niggle like this would be something you'd want to get off the back of your mind! :) (Plus it may well be better to not have a duplicate link). Anyway... :)

All the best...

Conor
    ceon