Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order Editor 1.3.7 Issues

I posted at the other thread that when adding a product it would not add it to the actual view order page for download and the gift certificate amount is not behaving...

I downloaded and overwrote the files with your updated zip and went back to my customer' order and it still did not show HOWEVER

being stubborn I deleted the previously added item then update button got pressed (after unchecking to alert the customer) then when the page reloaded I re-entered the item did all the previously set things, unchecked the notify customer, clicked update and yay it is now in the view order of the customer.

This update of yours, even if you did not create it...ty so very much for staying on it and doing the fixes that the creators just did not deem necessary since it was just a port.

You done great and many hugs and as I said in the other post the work around I did when the order total shows I just changed the amount to the total of the order and it behaved beautifully.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I have downloaded and installed the latest version.

However, I seem to be having 3 products.

1.) When I want to change the price - I have to input the value minus tax. Any way of changing this?
    2.) No order update emails are sent to the client
    3.) No order updates are sent to our sales teams.

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rebel tech View Post
    Hi

I have downloaded and installed the latest version.
    from the add-on section here or the version 2.3 from srturner47?

However, I seem to be having 3 products.

1.) When I want to change the price - I have to input the value minus tax. Any way of changing this?
    2.) No order update emails are sent to the client
    3.) No order updates are sent to our sales teams.

Any ideas?
    1. I have no idea how to do this part

2. is the section for the update to be sent checked off at the bottom of the edit page and does the customer have it selected to get an update?

3. I was not aware of that part being available. Is there a section under configuration menu/email to set this with their emails?

In order for my partner to get emails and I----I created a store email only then in email of c-panel I set it to forward to myself and her or anyone else we set for that email address.

rebel tech - No it doesn't work that way. You need to enter the pre-tax price. Edit orders will calculate tax for you. As for order updates, it will not send order updates to client. If both the append order and send customer email are checked at the bottom it will send an email IF the order status or order comments are changed. Only the order status and order comments are sent to the customer NOT the changes made with edit orders. The reason edit orders was designed like this was because it was meant to take the place of the original "edit" orders page with Zen Cart. I put edit in quotes because it didn't allow much editing -- just changing order status and order comments. When I made v2, I decided that this was a little silly -- why not have the details button go to the old "edit" orders page -- this is a more accurate description of what the page is in Zen Cart anyway. Then, the edit button goes to the new edit orders page. So, really, the order comments/status and sending the email are there because they were essential in v1. In v2, you can certainly use them, but I suspect most people will use the old "edit" orders page for this purpose.

DarkAngel - Thanks for the kind words!

DivaVocals - That's what I thought! But, before I coded v2, I tested Zen Cart to see how it would behave just in case. I found that both boxes needed to be checked and the status needed to be changed or a comment needed to be entered for it to send an email. So, in the spirit of sticking with how Zen Cart behaves, I made this do the same thing. As for the back button, I really don't know. I don't use Super Orders, and when I coded the changes for v2, I really didn't give any thought to how this would affect Super Orders. Glad you got it to work for the most part though!

saramac - zen_address_format() is an important function. If it can't find it, something went wrong with your install or update of Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by srturner47 View Post
    DivaVocals - That's what I thought! But, before I coded v2, I tested Zen Cart to see how it would behave just in case. I found that both boxes needed to be checked and the status needed to be changed or a comment needed to be entered for it to send an email. So, in the spirit of sticking with how Zen Cart behaves, I made this do the same thing.
    **faints** OMG.. He spoke to me!!! (and I thought you were igging me all this time.. JUST KIDDING!!!) Got it, and this makes sense... I did a little refining on how the comments worked with Super Orders because it was just so darned confusing for my clients.. I changed the language files in my version to provide clear PLAIN ENGLISH translations of what checking the boxes means to make it clear for my clients..

As for the back button, I really don't know. I don't use Super Orders, and when I coded the changes for v2, I really didn't give any thought to how this would affect Super Orders.
    Anyway I could beg, plead, entice you to take a look at my modified Super Orders file and see if the answer is OBVIOUS?? PRETTY PLEASE????!!!!! I think it's an easy fix that I am missing HOW to execute..

Glad you got it to work for the most part though!
    Me too.. I was pretty stoked that I managed to make it work..

Plugin Contributions

Hello

I am really new to all this..and could really use some advice please

We have only been using Zen Cart for a short while, and I came across the edit orders add-on which would be very useful I have uploaded it and made the changes it said to but thats where i get the problem.

I get a 404 error message

http://contactlenseswholesale.co.uk/...60&action=edit....

I dont know whether i have uploaded the file to the right place or what I am doing wrong. I uploaded the edit_order.php as that was where I found the orders.php

thanks

Plugin Contributions

ok i for got to add the other files. have done that now but now i get this message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function zen_field_exists() in /var/www/vhosts/contactlenseswholesale.co.uk/httpdocs/admin/edit_orders.php on line 84

Plugin Contributions

did you download 1.37 or version 2?

they need to go in the admin folder

the edit_orders.php should go directly into the admin folder.

the same way with the includes folder items, each one into the exact same folder that is in the zip

recheck the edit you entered to make sure you got all the punctuation that is in the original text in the addon folder instructions.

Plugin Contributions

HI thanks this is the add on I used

Edit Orders

Download Now!
    File size: 19272 bytes
    Downloaded: 18481 times Zen Cart™ Version: v1.3.8
    Version: 1.5.3
    Last Updated: Aug 01 2008
    Author: Scott Turner

I have also uploaded all the files and checked the text to change and everything as should be.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry forgot to say still getting the error message

Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast