Plugin Contributions

red flag ERROR 1054 Unknown column 'zen_order_id' in 'field list'

Help!

We are having a huge sale today, and just in the past 2 hours, my customers started experiencing this issue:

[FONT=&quot]1054 Unknown column 'zen_order_id' in 'field list'[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    in:
    [INSERT INTO paypal (zen_order_id, txn_type, reason_code, payment_type, payment_status, pending_reason, invoice, first_name, last_name, payer_business_name, address_name, address_street, address_city, address_state, address_zip, address_country, address_status, payer_email, payer_id, payer_status, payment_date, business, receiver_email, receiver_id, txn_id, parent_txn_id, num_cart_items, mc_gross, mc_fee, mc_currency, settle_amount, settle_currency, exchange_rate, notify_version, verify_sign, date_added, memo) VALUES ('19211', 'expresscheckout', 'None', 'PayPal Express Checkout (instant)', 'Completed', 'None', 'EC-XXXXXXXXX', 'XXXX', 'XXXX', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 'XXXXXXX######################', 'W2S4CXXXXX', 'unverified', '2010-02-16 00:48:24', '', 'XXXX.yahoo.com', '', '2XA32199YXXXXXXX', '', '13', '39.42', '1.29', 'USD', '0', 'USD', '1', '0', '', now(), '')][/FONT]

These are for downloadable products. IF the customer then logs into their account in the store, they can view their order, and still get the download, but they have to know to go back in and log in fresh to see it.

On my end, in the admin side, on the orders listing page, I can see the order and what was ordered in the summary on the right side. But when I click on the order ot see the details, I get this error:

1054 Unknown column 'zen_order_id' in 'where clause'
    in:
    [select * from paypal where zen_order_id = 19197 AND parent_txn_id = '' ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

So I can't edit or confirm the customers orders, or send them any comments.....this only seems to be happening with Paypal orders!

PLEASE HELP!! I have had 20 hours in the past 2 hours, all with the same results!
    Last edited by paperthreads; 16 Feb 2010 at 02:12 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ERROR 1054 Unknown column 'zen_order_id' in 'field list'

Actually..what I have noticed, going back to ALL paypal orders in my store, when I look at them in admin, they are all giving me that same error, where they weren't up until a couple hours ago, I was able to properly view the order and make edits to it....so something has gone wrong that affects all paypal transactions on my store, and it changed it on all my orders in my store...at least as far back as I have gone in and checked, which is back through October 2009...so I'm going to assume it's all paypal orders in record.

Plugin Contributions

Ok...temporarily fixed, but i'm not sure what is going on...

I found another post where someone was upgrading from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8, and in their test store, they changed the name of the table from order_id to zen_order_id and that fixed the problem.

I have done that to my table as well, and it has fixed the problem....

HOWEVER, that being said, I am not running zen 1.3.8, but I am running 1.3.7.1, so not sure why this just started happening randomly, or how/why it needs the table to be named differently.

Any input on what that may be would be greatly appreciated....

Plugin Contributions

I have only seen that error when php has been upgraded
    Might you know what version you had and is it different now?

What version of Zencart are you using?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I had PHP4, I think, but on Jan 9, we changed servers...so moved everything to the new server, where the php database is now php 5.1.6

Wonder why the issue didn't start to happen right away, but is now happening almost 5 weeks later?

odd....anything else that might be the problem with this, that I should be on the lookout for?

I just backed up the database....I normally do a back up every 2 weeks, but now, I think I'm doing it weekly instead! As this worried me enough...since majority of our product are downloadable, recreating each order or getting the downloads out individually would be a pain!

Plugin Contributions

I found another post where someone was upgrading from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8, and in their test store, they changed the name of the table from order_id to zen_order_id and that fixed the problem.
    What do you other tables have?
    Do they have a prefix?
    Check your configure.php DB details & see if you specified a prefix
    I just backed up the database....I normally do a back up every 2 weeks,
    2 weeks!!!
    A busy shop should take one daily
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

No prefix set in configure.php

// define our database connection
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', '');
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');

I don't do a database dump daily, but twice a month. my previous server did it weekly, but since I moved to a dedicated, I have only been doing it bi-monthly...but am going to go back to weekly.

Not sure if you would consider us as super busy. We average about 400-600 orders a month. I do get a copy of every order sent via email, so I have that as a secondary backup.