Plugin Contributions

red flag Payment problem - solution needed

Hi everyone,

First of all i will explain what the problem is.

Ok well on our site we accept check and money orders. We Post to USA as well as within Australia we had two orders, one was from an Australia Customer the other was from USA. Both Customers payed with check's and the Australian check cashed in at our Bank with no problem what so ever. (as we are based here in Australia). Ok, now the problem starts with the American check, we received our payment via check from our American Customer so our Bank won't cash it in without charging us a $20 Fee as it is an International check.

So what i want to see if i can do is..

If a Customer signs up on our store with there address listed as any where else other then Australia i would like to make check or money orders obselete. But still somehow keep the check or money order option available to our Australian Customers only. Does anyone know of a mod or a solution to help me solve this minor issue?. Or if i want to keep selling internationally do i have to remove this payment option all togethor ?.

Any help or suggestions are highly appreciated as always

Thanks
    Divine Jewellery - High Quality Fine Jewellery, With Less Expense!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment problem - solution needed

It's very simple:

a) create a Zone Definition called Australia-Payments. Inside that zone definition, click Details and add Australia+All-Zones to it.
    b) go to your moneyorder module, and click Edit, and from the Payment Zone pulldown, choose your new Australia-Payments zone, and click Update to save.

Now the only customers who will see the moneyorder module during checkout will be those whose address falls within the definition you set for the Australia-Payments zone.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment problem - solution needed

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    It's very simple:

a) create a Zone Definition called Australia-Payments. Inside that zone definition, click Details and add Australia+All-Zones to it.
    b) go to your moneyorder module, and click Edit, and from the Payment Zone pulldown, choose your new Australia-Payments zone, and click Update to save.

Now the only customers who will see the moneyorder module during checkout will be those whose address falls within the definition you set for the Australia-Payments zone.

Hi DrByte,

Thanks for your fast response and solution. It is all fixed now thank you very much once again your help was highly appreciated!

Thanks
    Divine Jewellery - High Quality Fine Jewellery, With Less Expense!