Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Show Available Stock Level in Cart -- addon Not Functioning in 1.39d?

I just upgraded from 1.37 to 1.39d a couple of weeks ago. When using 1.37, I had "show available stock level in cart when less than order" set to true under Configuration > Stock. It always worked great and customers could see in the shopping cart if they tried to order more than was available and many would order exactly what I had on hand. So, this setting was particularly useful for me.

I just realized that using 1.39d, it no longer lists the available stock in the shopping cart when items are back-ordered, even though "show available stock in cart when less than order" is correctly set in configuration. Can someone tell me if I am missing something?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Show Available Stock Level in Cart Not Functioning in 1.39d?

I upgraded 1.3.8a to 1.3.9abcd and Stock by Attributes 1.4.7 updated to 1.4.9

I had some things 'missing' too - stock available not showing on cart or on product page.

It turned out I also had Product Attributes Grid 1.1.1 on my 1.3.8a site and not on my updated test site. When I added the second mod, everything was as it should be.

I don't know the why's and wherefore's but it worked for me.

Plugin Contributions

doesn't work for me either. anybody know how to fix that issue? i really rely on this particular feature.

i found out what the problem is, but don't know how to solve it.

<?php if ((STOCK_SHOW_LOW_IN_CART == 'true') && $product['flagStockCheck']) {
    echo '<span class="alert bold">';
    echo PWA_STOCK_AVAILABLE;
    echo ((isset($product['stockAvailable'])) ? $product['stockAvailable']: 0);
    echo '</span>';
    }
    ?>
    The variable $product['flagStockCheck'] is NEVER set even though it should be if the customer has more items in the shopping cart than are available.
    Last edited by p1lot; 28 Jun 2010 at 10:15 PM.

Plugin Contributions

^ i was talking about the file tpl_shopping_cart_default.php

Plugin Contributions

Bearing in mind I don't know coding:

I actually in my CUSTOM_TEMP the snippet in your quote. That snippet, I beleive, is part of the Stock By Attributes contribution - I see it the mod files but not in the 1.3.8 or 1.3.9 files.

BUT

There is another line in my CUSTOM_TEMP version:
    PHP Code:
    <?php echo zen_draw_form('cart_quantity'zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART'action=update_product')); ?>
    And in the 1.3.9 TEMP_DEFAULT this shows as:
    PHP Code:
    <?php echo zen_draw_form('cart_quantity'zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART'action=update_product'$request_type)); ?>
    I just tried in my own test site - when I use the former, and enter more than available stock, I get an error message AND the actual amount that exists in stock.

When I use the latter I get the error message, but NO indication of what is in stock.

That line of code in my CUSTOM_TEMP file also appears to come from the Stock By Attributes mod.

My test site is on PHP 5.2 and I am using zc 1.3.9d and SbyA 1.4.9 (As I said, I don't know code, so I don't know if this will give me grief when my server goes 5.3....but it works on 5.2)

Plugin Contributions

thanks i will try that, but don't you use the new updated fileset of SbyA for 1.3.9d?

Talking about this one: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=215

Plugin Contributions

ok, wasn't able to fix it with the solution posted above. maybe a zen cart coder could elaborate?

Plugin Contributions

the new updated fileset of SbyA for 1.3.9d?
    This file set is pre-merged. I do my own merging as I have quite a few mods some files overlap.

On the tpl_shopping_cart_default, the file in the set you mention is the same as the 1.3.9d default except for 2 blocks of code added in the merge from S by A.

But in the original S by A files 1.4.9 there are, in fact, three codes sections that are different, the third being the one I pasted in my previous reply.

Good luck on your hunt ;o)

Plugin Contributions

how come you use 1.4.9 and not 1.4.10?

Plugin Contributions

how come you use 1.4.9 and not 1.4.10?
    Just haven't got that far. Been trying to update everything on test store since 1.3.9a came out. Things won't stand still!

But I checked and the tpl_shopping_cart_default file is the same. It is also the same in 1.4.7 which I use on my livesite with zc 1.3.8a, and the stock shows correctly there as well.

The only other thing I can think of is - is this file placed in the folder of the template that your store is actually calling on - ie if its not then your store will call up the template default version instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast