Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How can I request money for people who dont have a paypal account?

Customers have the option to use paypal or major credit cards without paypal.
    I drop ship so after they have paid I figure their shipping and send an invoice through paypal to their email requesting the remaining amount.
    Here is my questions:
    Q: If they dont have a paypal account and they receive this invoice in their email will they have to open an account to pay or will paypal give them the option to pay without an account
    Q: If they do request an account to pay the invoice will I have to start asking customers before sending invoices if they have an account? If so, do I have to set up a button somehwere on my site every time a customer needs to pay for shipping?

There must be an easier way and i am hopeing that paypal offers them to pay without an account.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How can I request money for people who dont have a paypal account?

Quote Originally Posted by lilguppy View Post
    I drop ship so after they have paid I figure their shipping and send an invoice through paypal to their email requesting the remaining amount.
    Or, you could use Express Checkout and set it to Authorize-Only instead of Final Sale. Then they won't be "charged" until you manually settle the order after adding the shipping costs.
    Here is my questions:
    Q: If they dont have a paypal account and they receive this invoice in their email will they have to open an account to pay or will paypal give them the option to pay without an account
    They will have to open an account to respond to a payment request.
    Q: If they do request an account to pay the invoice will I have to start asking customers before sending invoices if they have an account?
    You don't "have to" ask them, but you might "want to" ask them, if you choose to continue with the method you've been using.

I'd recommend the first approach I suggested above, instead.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

PayPal allows users to make payments without having a PayPal account. When they get to the PayPal page, there is a choice of logging in to an existing account, creating a new account or using a credit card to make the payment.
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
    PayPal allows users to make payments without having a PayPal account. When they get to the PayPal page, there is a choice of logging in to an existing account, creating a new account or using a credit card to make the payment.
    Ripper, yes, that's true. But the person above was talking about options available when sent a invoice via PayPal requesting additional payment.

My suggestion is to take a different approach: charge them only once, and thus save on the number of steps of work needed to get to the end result.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I agree. It would be much easier to give a total price once and be done with it.
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Ripper, yes, that's true. But the person above was talking about options available when sent a invoice via PayPal requesting additional payment.

My suggestion is to take a different approach: charge them only once, and thus save on the number of steps of work needed to get to the end result.
    When you say the sale has to be authorized before its final dont I have that option somehwere in my system already? I could have sworn I saw that somehwere in my administative tools. I dont know what kind of paypal I use but its the one where they can pay with paypal or pay with credit cards.

Plugin Contributions

When you say the sale has to be authorized before its final dont I have that option somehwere in my system already? I could have sworn I saw that somehwere in my administative tools. I dont know what kind of paypal I use but its the one where they can pay with paypal or pay with credit cards.
    You can see what options you're using in Admin - Modules - Payment. If it's Paypal Express, the option for authorization
    is under 'Payment Action' when you click Edit.

BTW, as someone who buys a ton of stuff online, I wouldn't buy from a site that couldn't provide shipping costs before I checked out. What I think you really need is a new dropshipper.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    You can see what options you're using in Admin - Modules - Payment. If it's Paypal Express, the option for authorization
    is under 'Payment Action' when you click Edit.

BTW, as someone who buys a ton of stuff online, I wouldn't buy from a site that couldn't provide shipping costs before I checked out. What I think you really need is a new dropshipper.
    I noticed there is a drop ship FEDEX add on but is there a drop ship UPS add on? This would be awesome and so much easier!

Plugin Contributions

Can I humbly suggest you spend time learning how to run your store.

I dont know what kind of paypal I use...

When you say the sale has to be authorized before its final dont I have that option somehwere in my system already? ...

I noticed there is a drop ship FEDEX add on but is there a drop ship UPS add on? ...

Your admissions are akin to a Heart Surgeon turning to his nurse just before cutting into the patient and saying... "Now, Nurse... please help me... what side of this guy's chest is the heart on?"
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    Can I humbly suggest you spend time learning how to run your store.

Your admissions are akin to a Heart Surgeon turning to his nurse just before cutting into the patient and saying... "Now, Nurse... please help me... what side of this guy's chest is the heart on?"
    I thought this was a place for help but I guess not I know where the 'stuff' is I just want to varify with others before making any unnesessary changes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast