Plugin Contributions

help question Help!! Neither can login nor create a new customer

I encounter the below two problems:

1. When try to login:
    error message: There was a security error when trying to login

2. When try to create customer
    After passing all the validation, it will prompt back me a blank customer registration page without any account being created.

Such problems are not there two weeks ago. What I have done in this period is just installed JROX JAM affiliates program. The JAM database is installed into a separate local host and separate user. I've also revoked the JAM integration file "tpl_footer.php", but it does not do any help.

I've read some thread about the login problem, but all are related to upgrading from othe version to 1.3.8a. But I'm using this version from the very beginning already.

I totally have no idea what's going on. Can any expert give me some hints on how to trace for these two problems?

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Help!! Neither can login nor create a new customer

I further discover that I can't even send a message to my mail account through the contact us page. I double checked the email settings, they are all correct. Is my website being hacked?

You can simply visit this link and try to send a message, you will then see the problem. You can also not able to create a new account and login too.

http://www.fineartmegastore.com/contact_us

My god!!, it's a disaster......People are dying, anyone can help?

Plugin Contributions

I recall that during the JAM installation, they have installed the ioncube loader and an custom php.ini as according to the below instruction provided by dreamhost. Is it the root cause? I wanna disable the custom php.ini. How can I do it?

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/IonCube_Loader

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help!! Neither can login nor create a new customer

I am having the exact same problem and wondering if you found a solution to this.
    I don't have a custom php.ini file.
    Christy Smith
    Cassie Designs and Development
    www.cassie-designs.com

Plugin Contributions

Oh...too bad to hear that.....have you install JAM too?

I can't fix the problem even rollback all the configuration changes. I need to restore the database from my backup site. I still haven't got time to do it yet......if you got any answer, please please tell me.

Plugin Contributions

I have JAM on a couple of sites and have no problems with login, create account, contact us.

I'm not saying it isn't the cause of your problems - just that I have JAM installed and don't get your problems.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

ZC Version: 1.3.9d
    I have a similar problem, but I don't have JAM on the site.

1) Can't login all the time (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't) as a customer. It just brings up the log in/register page again.

2) Registering as a new customer doesn't work (just brings up the same page again, doesn't add a customer to the customer list, no errors like "customer name already exists" or anything like that).

And the BIG problem!
    3) I click on a link for a category, product, or even the "store home" page link, and the login/registration page comes up! Not all the time, but a lot of the time. I don't have the site set so that customers have to register before shopping/viewing products, so this should only be coming up when customers check out, or when they click on the "log in" link. Not any other time!

(Would like to make it so that it isn't really needed to create an account, but customers can if they want to, just shipping/billing info at check out.)

BTW: I have had this problem since I first intalled ZC Version 1.3.8b, but it's getting worse.
    Flip Perry
    S~Scents

Plugin Contributions

cart error Re: Help!! Neither can login nor create a new customer

ANYONE!!! I need some serious help here! I logged into a customer profile (one of mine for testing purposes), and it went back to the login/create account screen with nothing in ANY of the boxes.
    I created a new account, same thing.
    Then I was able to log in (FINALLY), but it just kicked me back out after a couple of minutes and did the same thing as before! What is going on? How can I fix it? What do I need to do? HELP!!!!
    Flip Perry
    S~Scents

Plugin Contributions

Is this just a problem with the latest releases? I really need to get this fixed! I am going to be installing the COWOA (Checkout Without Account) Mod from the addon section, so I don't want this to come up AT ALL unless they click on the "Log In" link!

PLEASE!!! Help
    Flip Perry
    S~Scents