Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Firefox suddenly preventing cut and paste into admin pages when adding categories

All of a sudden, I can no longer cut (from anywhere) and paste into, at least, the add categories description text area. Firefox displays a message that takes me to the site: http://www.mozilla.org/editor/midasd...rityprefs.html where I followed the instructions and still cannot cut and paste. I also installed AllowClipboardHelper, also with no luck.

As I patiently wait for some help from this forum, I will try another browser...

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Firefox suddenly preventing cut and paste into admin pages when adding categories

Is it just categories, or does the same thing happen in products, define pages, EZ pages, etc. ?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Firefox suddenly preventing cut and paste into admin pages when adding categories

I had the same issue, but AllowClipboard Helper did fix it - but I am only using it on a local site (192.168.1.100) site.

Plugin Contributions

Same thing happens in products. AllowClipboardHelper did not help.
    Using Firefox 3.6.8, WinXP SP3.

Plugin Contributions

Did you try the Control+C/Control+V copy/paste method?
    [FONT=Arial]Country Kitty Crafts[/FONT][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT] [FONT=Garamond]
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

FireFox will block the Paste and if you follow the instructions on the link that you posted that will allow you to do the paste on your site ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

It seems we've found something that IE does better than FF. Alert the media.

Get a mac.. :) does it on the PC and not the MAC.

That said:

It happens in html mode. When this happens click "Ok".

Then you will be taken to this link.

http://www.mozilla.org/editor/midasd...rityprefs.html

Then follow the directions...

Plugin Contributions

I followed the directions on the site, no luck. Had to create the file. Instructions were not clear as to exactly where the file should be placed. That might be my problem. Yes, I use control c and control v, no luck.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Euonym View Post
    I followed the directions on the site, no luck. Had to create the file. Instructions were not clear as to exactly where the file should be placed. That might be my problem. Yes, I use control c and control v, no luck.
    You probably created the user.js file in the wrong directory. I've edited my profile several times in the past.

User.js is located at (normally)

c:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<some weird name like vxz6u3qw.default>\user.js

Or open run and enter the %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

If user.js doesn't exist in this directory listed above, make it in that directory (you opened) and add the following:
    user_pref("capability.policy.policynames", "allowclipboard");
    user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.sites", "<URL of your site here>");
    user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.Clipboard.cutcopy", "allAccess");
    user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.Clipboard.paste", "allAccess");Replacing the bracketed text with the URL of your site. So for example, say you wanted to allow zen-cart.com access to your clipboard. That second line should read:
    user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.sites", "http://www.zen-cart.com");
    Do not put a trailing slash on the end. If you want to add additional URLs, separate them with a comma. For example:
    user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.sites", "http://www.zen-cart.com");
    It also helps if Firefox isn't running during these edits. If you still need assistance, give a yell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast