Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No Upgrade Option. Just Install

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    latin1_general_ci is the standard default collation
    You did not elude to the fact that you had changed this to UTF8??
    mine is set to utf8 aswell, should i change it? i have never played with this option before

Plugin Contributions

Some of the older versions of Zen came up with different collation methods without much fuss or bother.

In 1.3.9#, we seem to be having some glitches because the zc_install/includes/installer_params.php is defining DB_CHARSET as latin1.

This is not a bug but a setting that can be changed if needed.

You can try some of the things that are mentioned in the actual file and see if that doesn't help with the collation problem.

Plugin Contributions

hey dog how did you end up going? problem fixed?

i now have the same collation problem. one thing in my myphpadmin is that there is no buttons at the bottom of the structure page next to "with selected" drop down. so i dont know how to change a collation. any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

QS,
    Just follow the instructions in my previous post for changing the collation in the zc_install parameters.
    Using PM to get a question answered does not benefit others in the forum that might be looking for a similar answer.

Plugin Contributions

appolagies, i didnt understand your post. i have fixed theproblem now the way you said although i read it on another post. somehow the way you wrote it i didnt understand, i thought you were talking about myphpadmin.

anyways thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Glad you got it going

Plugin Contributions

Changing the db type from latin1 to UTF8 in the ZC_Install/includes/installer_params.php file seemed to work for the character set error. Something corrupted along the way so I'm starting fresh from the beginning with my fingers crossed.

Plugin Contributions

Got as far as the upgrade page. It askes for a user name and password. I'm using the info for my current cart at /store but the new cart I am upgrading is at /store_new. It is telling me "admin password required to proceed with upgrade". Are there two different logins for the admin area? Every time I navigate to /store_new/admin/login.php it forwards me to /store/admin/login.php.

Plugin Contributions

Every time I navigate to /store_new/admin/login.php it forwards me to /store/admin/login.php.
    First - Depending upon the entries for an admin in the DB that you are upgrading predicates what credentials you must use....

As far as the redirect - - Tripple check the your configure.php files for store_new for correct pointing
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Something has gotten crossed up. My current cart that I have not touched is distinctivedog.com/store. The copy I am working to upgrade is at distinctivedog.com/store_new. When I visit our live site I am now getting this at the top of the page: "Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/content/d/i/s/distinctivedog/html/store/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file (read-only, CHMOD 644 or 444 are typical). You may need to use your webhost control panel/file-manager to change the permissions effectively. Contact your webhost for assistance. See this FAQ".

As I mentioned in the previous post I cannot get to the admin for store_new. It forwards me to /store. Even trying to browse to store_new takes you to that page but when I click on any links it reverts to the /store pages.

admin/includes/configure.php and /includes/configure.php on the store_new lists:
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'zen_');
    define('DB_SERVER', 'xxxxxx');
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxxxxxxx');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxxxx');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxxxxxx');
    define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
    define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db');

The respective files at /store are correct for the live store and are different from /store_new. The DB_SERVER is also different for each site. I used the names provided in the myPHP admin.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast