Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Different free shipping depending on customer discount group

WOW!!! You have done a tremendous work! Thank you very much for all you've done!

Now I need to implement it, which will take some time. I'll post on how it worked. Thanks again!
    Zen-cart 1.3.8a
    www.api.kharkov.ua

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Different free shipping depending on customer discount group

1.3.8A
    Dual pricing-wholesale
    Customer tax exemp 1.30
    UPS shipping module

I am looking for totally free shipping at the retail level and 500 free shipping at a dealer level. Dual pricing wholesale is loaded but I do not plan to use it.

Dealer is defined in group pricing and is ID 2. I have added the code modifications listed in this post. Free shipping seems to work fine. The dealer shipping below 500 is not working. Everything says free shipping. The 500 is defined in modules/shipping/ot_shipping.

As a retail customer, check_shipping says Free shipping for orders over US$0.00. This is how ot_shipping is set.

As a wholesale clustomer, regardless of order size, check_shipping says Free shipping for orders over US$500.00. UPS is not showing for orders under 500.

I see in the code modification descriptions "if ($group_check->fields['customers_group_pricing'] == 2)". I am assuming that the 2 refers to the group ID.

I will appreciate your help.

Plugin Contributions

Did you customize your code to include ALL of the steps for this?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I went through the process three times. I modified these files commenting out the unwanted code and copy and pasted the new code.

/includes/modules/order_totals/ot_shipping.php
    /includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php
    /includes/modules/shipping_estimator.php
    /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_checkout_shipping_default.php
    /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_shipping_estimator.php

Thanks for the quick reply.

Plugin Contributions

If you edit the Modules ... Order Totals ... Shipping ot_shipping ... what *exactly* do you have typed in for the:
    Free Shipping For Orders Over

Have you changed the UPS shipping module in any way?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

First answer- $0.00 Allow free shipping is set to true. My intent with this is to get the free shipping for all Retail sales.

The UPS sales module is as downloaded. This store has been created with a new download, not an upgrade.

I did use the override system with the changes. The file /includes/modules/shipping_estimator.php does not show the classic file so an override was not used on this file. I did maintain the original by adding a numeral to the filename and using the original filename with the modified file. The original renamed file is still on the server.

If necessary, I can revert to original and start over.

I plan to go back through the process again tomorrow.
    Last edited by GTHENRY; 24 Aug 2010 at 01:19 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Additional information

All product is set to normal shipping rules.
    Freeoptions and Freeshipper are not installed.
    UPS is the only installed shipping module.

Order total modules loaded are
    name sort order
    Group discount 190
    Shipping 200
    Subtotal 100
    Tax 300
    Total 999

Plugin Contributions

You have too many things trying to control the shipping going on at the same time that are fighting one another ...

Are you using the
    Always Free Shipping: YES

to get free shipping for Retail Customers or to show the Free Shipping image?

Always Free Shipping YES is designed for *everyone* to be free shipping so you need to customize around this for whole sale customers ...

If you have set the value in the Modules ... Order Totals ... Shipping ot_shipping to 0.00 and enabled it ... that is going to make everything Free Shipping for everyone ...

This conflicts with Always Free Shipping as now it is not even looking at that setting ... it is shutting down all of the shipping modules to give Free Shipping to everyone ...

To make your shipping work correctly, you will need customization ...

You want all Retail Customers to have Free Shipping ... and you say you have marked all Products as:
    Always Free Shipping YES

For this you need the FREE SHIPPING! freeshipper shipping module installed ...

You want to have Whole Sale Customers have UPS shipping up to $500 ...

You want to have Whole Sale Customers have Free Shipping on orders $500 or more ...

Correct?

Do your Products have a Product Weight so that UPS can calculate the shipping?

Without weight, there can be no shipping quotes from UPS with any accuracy on the Products for whole sale orders under $500.00 ...

You should customize the Shipping ot_shipping to use 500.00 for the Free Shipping amount and to work for the Whole Sale Group only ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

At this point, the code changes as listed earlier in this thread seem to be working.

This is the admin settings.

The store has five items. Each item is set "No, Normal Shipping Rules". Each item has a "products shipping weight" assigned.

Modules/shipping modules/freeshipper is not installed. The only shipping module installed is UPS.

Modules/order totals modules/ot_shipping is installed. " Free Shipping For Orders Over" is set to 00.00. Allow Free Shipping-set to true.

Additional installed modules/order totals modules are ot_group_pricing, ot_subtotal, ot_tax, ot_total.

After it is determined that the customer is not a wholesale customer, the 00.00 gives free shipping to the retail customer on all products. The 500> free shipping for wholesale customers is hard coded in the new code.

In the end, I deleted the old code I had commented out so any potential associated problems would be totally eliminated. I did find an orphan ?>. I reentered the new code with copy and paste. All the product already had weights assigned so that was not the issue.

What is left is to change some of the standard wording to be more clear for the wholesale customers and it looks like things are ready to go.

Thanks.

www.Ride-Easy.com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that everything is working properly for you on this ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast