Plugin Contributions

Default is it necessary to remove the payment modules etc?

Please can someone answer a simple question for me. If upgrading from 1.3.9E to 1.3.9F, is it necessary to remove the payment modules etc. The documentation is unclear.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: is it necessary to remove the payment modules etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Rigel View Post
    Please can someone answer a simple question for me. If upgrading from 1.3.9E to 1.3.9F, is it necessary to remove the payment modules etc. The documentation is unclear.
    The answer is: no.

I'm having trouble understanding how the documentation is unclear.
    From the /docs/ documentation for 1.3.9f:
    If you are upgrading from Zen Cart v1.3.9a or 1.3.9b or 1.3.9c or 1.3.9d or 1.3.9e, the process is simple:
    - compare all the changed files with the files on your own site... and re-apply your customizations to the new files
    - upload the new files (with your customizations added) to your site
    - (there are no database-updates required between v1.3.9a to v1.3.9b or v1.3.9c or v1.3.9d or v1.3.9e or v1.3.9f)
    - (there's no need to remove/re-install payment modules between "d" and "e" and "f")

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

No - there is no need to remove / re-install the payments mods when upgrading from 1.3.9e to f

OOPS: DrByte has just beaten me by a whisker ......

Plugin Contributions

Ok just to follow up further on this thread. I upgraded one of my sites from 1.3.8a to 1.3.9f, but I did not remove any payment modules such as PayPal and Google Checkout, but everything still works since orders from customers are still getting through when they use these 2 modules.

If it appears to be working properly, should I still remove them and re-install paypal and GC modules?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

YES. There were features added and changed in the PayPal modules between versions. If you don't remove and re-install them then you'll be missing functionality and will have empty fields or busted settings choices when looking at the module in the admin. Failing to follow instructions will just create grief for you (or us when having to help you) down the road.
    I can't speak for GC -- that's someone else's code.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.