Page 123 of 226 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2252
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Hi Rod,

I'm trying to decide what measurements to use on CD and DVD Cases in order to determine the best method to allow for the correct postage options..

Do I lay them flat and measure it, or do I stand it up and measure it ??

Take a Standard CD Jewel Case as an example;

If you picture an X and Y axis, I've measured it as width along the case, ( X axis, left to right) and the length from bottom to top (Y axis) and the height as the thickness,

So I end up up 14cm (w) x 12.5cm (l) x 1cm (h) and a weight of 0.1 (as my default weight is in Kg's)

And I've also tried standing the case up, and getting length (X Axis) height and width (Y axis)

14cm (l) x 1cm (w) 12.5cm (h)

Either way, if I put 1 in a cart, I get Flat Rate shipping (no rate returned), any more than 1 and standard shipping options are presented.

If I have just one case, and include anything else, standard shipping options are presented.

I know no one would buy just a single case, with nothing else, (though stranger things have happened..!) it just concerns me that I have something amiss somewhere.

I have the following options on offer;

Registered Parcel
    Insured Parcel
    Express Parcel
    Prepaid Satchel

Version 2.08

Any clues.???

Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by Mike_Dean; 28 Sep 2010 at 11:21 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there is an issue with this module at the moment? My wife's site isn't giving postage calculations anymore. The option just doesn't come up. It's been like this for a little bit now. We thought it might be an issue with the connection to Australia Post, so have been waiting for it to be fixed, but it is taking awhile. Is it just us? I've gone through all the settings and everything seems fine. No code has been changed recently.

Appreciate your help!

Kind Regards,

Brian

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Flanagan View Post
    Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there is an issue with this module at the moment? My wife's site isn't giving postage calculations anymore. The option just doesn't come up. It's been like this for a little bit now. We thought it might be an issue with the connection to Australia Post, so have been waiting for it to be fixed, but it is taking awhile. Is it just us? I've gone through all the settings and everything seems fine. No code has been changed recently.

Appreciate your help!

Kind Regards,

Brian
    Hi Brian,

Which version are you using ?

If it's OZ Post, Have you paid the subscription ?

The Oz Post Mod is no longer a "Free Service"

http://shop.vcsweb.com/index.php?mai...roducts_id=207

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm...that may be it...what a shame. Will discuss with my wife and see what she wants to do as she doesn't make much money to begin with, hence the reason we built the site on the 'free' ZenCart! Thanks for pointing that out.

Plugin Contributions

Hi everyone,

Appreciate your help!

Kind Regards,

Brian
    Hmmm...that may be it...what a shame. Will discuss with my wife and see what she wants to do as she doesn't make much money to begin with, hence the reason we built the site on the 'free' ZenCart! Thanks for pointing that out.

You do have another option.

The original Aust Post (not to be confused with the updated whizz bang Oz Post) has apparently been updated to comply with current zencarts and PHP requirements etc..

Its still a free mod...

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1695

Only issue is, its not supported by Rod due to the newer Oz Post mod, so if something goes wrong, you "may" not get any help..

Plugin Contributions

Ok, thanks for that info. Will have a look. May be our only option. My wife's considering what to do at the moment. Appreciate your help!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Dean View Post
    I'm trying to decide what measurements to use on CD and DVD Cases in order to determine the best method to allow for the correct postage options..

Do I lay them flat and measure it, or do I stand it up and measure it ??
    It makes no difference.

The module always re-orientates items so that the length is always the longest dimension and the height is always the smallest. This way as items get 'stacked' we don't end up stacking them end to end.

Either way, if I put 1 in a cart, I get Flat Rate shipping (no rate returned), any more than 1 and standard shipping options are presented.
    I'm going to speculate a little here ... You have letters disabled as an option don't you?
    Typically, if something is letter sized you wouldn't want a parcel quote for it as well, so this is the standard behaviour of the module. The problem is, of you have dissallowed letter rates, and the item being quoted is letter sized, and nothing else has changed, there will be no other quotes returned by the server, so the module falls back to the static method of quoting.
    If you set the "Hide parcel rates if letter sized" option to "NO" , then you'll recieve the parcel rates for this letter sized item, and they'll be shown instead of the static rate.

I know no one would buy just a single case, with nothing else, (though stranger things have happened..!)
    True, but if you were selling actual CD/DVD's this is something that has great appeal, because these can be sent at letter rates; the postage costs for individual sales can be kept extremely low, with ozpost providing correct/valid quotes regardless of whether one or ten are ordered.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post

I'm going to speculate a little here ... You have letters disabled as an option don't you?
    Typically, if something is letter sized you wouldn't want a parcel quote for it as well, so this is the standard behaviour of the module. The problem is, of you have dissallowed letter rates, and the item being quoted is letter sized, and nothing else has changed, there will be no other quotes returned by the server, so the module falls back to the static method of quoting.
    If you set the "Hide parcel rates if letter sized" option to "NO" , then you'll recieve the parcel rates for this letter sized item, and they'll be shown instead of the static rate.

Cheers
    Rod
    Spot on..Letter rates now enabled.

Cheers Rod

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: tnt

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    The TNT site is a nigtmare to navigate - too many different logons for various services.

First and most important, it needs a valid TNT account for the 'RTT' service. The error messages are suggesting that this is the problem, the account itself is valid, but NOT for this particular service.

I can tell the username/password provided were correct because these are the first things checked (if incorrect we are informed of this before it procedes to check the account number), so what we have are valid user credentials but not for the service being requested.

We require the "RTT" or 'Rated Transit Times' service, this needs to be created at 'TNT Online' and it requires a phone call to the CIT
    Helpdesk on 1300 851 131 for the service be enabled for the account.

For some strange reason it doesn't seem possible for TNT to set up a user account, a TNT online account AND the RTT service at the same time, but it really is three distinctly separate accounts that need setting.

Hope this helps?
    Cheers
    Rod

Thanks, that did the job.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod,

Do you have any intention of adding Couriers Please to this module ?

(The reason we chose CP, is that 3 of our suppliers deliver via CP, so they can do the pick ups at the same time)

Reason I ask,

We use (currently) Aust Post for all single parcel orders, and Satchels, and use CP for all bulk items, eg more than one parcel, as its cheaper.

We want to use the current Fastway option as well in the mod, as it allows us to calculate costs for multiple parcels, which work out to be similar to CP, rather than exorbitant fees with multiple parcels via Aust Post, or returning no fee and expecting the customer to contact us for a rate.

Obviously we can't have the Fastway Mod showing "Fastway" as a service and then ship via CP.

Can we mod our code to remove the reference to Fastway and the labels used, and just call it "Flat Rate" or "Door to Door" or something along those lines ?

Would that be possible within the realms of the mod ?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by Mike_Dean; 1 Oct 2010 at 11:39 PM.