Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Want to SCREAM!!!!

All wasn't fine because according to a thread on this forum, there is a bug in the 1.3.9g version, not something I did.

I give up. I reinstalled the g version, now to update to the current version, the tutorial is telling me to compare the files. So I d/l Winmerge, except as Fantastico installed the first one, I DON'T have those files on my hard drive, so I can't compare them with the new ones! I've wasted a whole day trying to figure this out and while it markets itself as user-friendly, it should market itself as 'user friendly to people with a background in coding'. Thanks for your help but there has to be an easier solution for me to install a cart on my site than this.

Thanks for your help, but I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff and persisting only makes me feel like an idiot.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, first of all, if you'd gone with a Zen Cart Certified Host then they would have installed Zen Cart for you for free. But you are where you are, so let's deal with that problem. To install from fresh, removing your old install:

1. Login to your cPanel, or whatever hosting control panel your host provides. There should be a link there to 'phpMyAdmin' (may be listed under a more general "mySQL" link).

2. Once you've accessed the database in phpMyAdmin you'll see a list of all the tables. Don't tick everyone manually, scroll down and you'll see a link called someting like "tick all" - click on that. Then click on the "Drop" tab at the top. You'll be asked if you want to drop all tables, click to agree. You've now got an empty database on which to install a clean Zen Cart.

3. Download Zen Cart 1.3.9h and unzip to a folder on your PC.

4. FTP to your website and delete all Zen Cart files and folders.

5. Upload the Zen Cart 1.3.9h folders and files by FTP, and upload it to the root (base) of your domain - unless you have reasons why you don't want it there.

6. Then you go to http://www.yourdomain.com/zc_install and you begin the install procedure.

7. All you need during the install is the name of the database you created, and the MySQL User Name and Password linked to it.

8. You don't need to change any pathways shown during the install.

9. During the install don't enable SSL unless you have a Full SSL Certificate.

10. After the install is completed you FTP to your site and delete the zc_install folder.

11. It will probably be easier for you to rename the 'admin' folder using the File Manager in your hosting control panel - so go there and rename the 'admin' folder to something unique and then edit the admin/includes/configure.php file. You rename the 3 instances of /admin/ to /new-admin-name/ in that file.

12. You're all done.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. No sense in changing my host as I have had a pro package with them for ages. The guy said he'd install it, but that was a week ago grrr and he'll probably just use the Fantastico version anyway!

I think I need to take a break from it as I've been installing, uninstalling ad finitum since 10 this morning and it's now nearly 6. I produce digital music for a living, using tons of software, I don't understand how this one program is getting the better of me.

Coffee, cigarette, and snack is urgently required.

Plugin Contributions

Coffee and snack is fine. Lose the cigarette (Coffin Nail, Cancer Stick).

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Vger View Post
    Coffee and snack is fine. Lose the cigarette (Coffin Nail, Cancer Stick).

Vger
    Haha, I'm going for coffee and pasta instead.

Plugin Contributions

did you use the WYSIWYG editor to update your content? if you made changes to your main page or defined pages using this editor, you will see html code on your page, as it is a very basic visual editor. To put proper html into your defined pages, you need to use only the plain text editor.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by thedjphat View Post
    did you use the WYSIWYG editor to update your content? if you made changes to your main page or defined pages using this editor, you will see html code on your page, as it is a very basic visual editor. To put proper html into your defined pages, you need to use only the plain text editor.
    It was a bug with the previous version of ZenCart. Now I have the current one, everything's displaying fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12