Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default [Done v1.5.0] Gift Certificates Will Not Release

In regards to one of our Zen Cart sites on 1.3.9e, we are having trouble getting a gift certificate (any) in the queue to release to the customer at all.

What happens:
    1. gift cert order goes through fine and the gift cert is show in the GV Queue.
    2. I select a gift certificate in the list and "release it" with t he button.
    3. I see the Confirm button appear, but above that the message has changed to []$0.00
    4. If I hit Confirm, nothing seems to happen and no email is sent out. The release option remains available.

Emails are working fine in other elements of the site (receipts, etc). Also tried to manually email a GV( Mail a Certificate option) and it worked fine.

Could something be arye with the database holding the cert info? What else should we look at?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift Certificates Will Not Release

This is kinda sorta a bug ...

What is happening is that there isn't a valid Gift Certificate after the release so you see that:
    []$0.00

clicking on the Gift Certificate you want to release next will fix this ...

I will have to look into this further to make for a better display after a Gift Certificate is released ...

Moving this to the Bug Reports ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Ajeh - I wasn't clear on what you meant by this:

clicking on the Gift Certificate you want to release next will fix this ...

Do you mean click on the next Gift Cert in the queue - or go ahead and click the Confirm button?

Plugin Contributions

Click on the Gift Certificate you want to release ... does it change to show its amount?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

No that didn't seem to work.

There is a huge backup list of unreleased gift certs in the queue, about 4 pages of them - and whenever I click on the "release" button, it does show the Confirm button at the right but the left side list reverts back to page 1 and the first cert.

I also tested this on the first cert in the list to see if anything would change - I clicked on that cert, the arrow was next to it, I clicked the Release button, the Confirm and Cancel options showed - I tried clicking back on the name of the gift cert in the list and it just showed the Release button again. I tried to go ahead with Confirm and it did nothing and the Release options are still available.

Plugin Contributions

Go to the Queue and and click on the I in the circle for the Gift Certificate you want to release ...

What displays?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Ok I just realized something - they work just fine on the first page of the queue. But for any page after that (2, 3, 4), if I click the info button (i) icon, at first yes it does display the correct amount and description at the right along with the Release button - but as soon as I click that Release button - it goes [] $0.00 and sends me back to page 1 and the oldest gift in the queue.

Maybe this has something to do with the multiple pages. Should I try clearing out the database of old unreleased certs?

Plugin Contributions

If you go to Page 2 and click on the I check to see what number is in the brackets example: [19]

What is in the bracket and amount?

Click the Release button what does the whole right panel read?

If you mouse over the Confirm, what does the URL read?

NOTE: you do not need to show your ADMIN directory name ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Can you rename your file:
    /admin/gv_queue.php

to the name:
    /admin/gv_queue.php_v139e

and load this file in the zip to your /admin directory and see what happens ...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh! Thank you! Amazing and appreciated response on this.

I used your file (backed up old one) and the queue now seems to work - at least it showed the proper id and amount and allowed me to confirm - and now that released cert is no longer in the list. It also did not jump to the first page like last time. I will ask the customer to let me know if they did receive the email voucher code.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast