Plugin Contributions

Default Integrate a Point of Sale POS / ERP system?

So I am expanding my store to include a physical store front.

However, since I'm still running my online and don't want to have items be online/storefront exclusive.

I want to be able to ring customers through while accessing the database through zen cart.

Anyway i could do this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Intergrate a Point of Sale system?

Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I installed OllaCart Pro on our dev site about an hour ago and been playing about with it.
    This is a seriously SERIOUSLY great mod. It integrates perfectly with our current Zen Cart customer database and allows you to search for products in your DB in order to add them to the customer order. It also allows for customer discounts and entry of products not actually in your inventory.

The only problem is, it doesn't handle stock with attributes (unless you're using osCommerce and the QT Pro mod). [OllaCart is compatible with ZenCart, osCommerce, CRE Loaded, and a few others straight out the box]

I'm not sure how feasible it would be for OllaCart or even a third party to write a mod so it would work with product attributes??
    I assume if a mod isn't "open source" a third party would struggle to create the code to modify it? Right?

Plugin Contributions

It's mostly open source, but not FREE open source. This means that when you purchase OllaCart Point of Sale, you get the vast majority of the source code. You can write new functions, customize existing functions, etc.

I see no reason why you couldn't make the customizations you're talking about, even with a freelance PHP programmer. Since it's not a popular free open source package, though, chances are that any programmer you hire will have some initial time just in getting familiar with the code structure. They may not have worked on it previously.a

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone tried OllaCart on the newest version (v1.5.7a) of ZenCart? I'd like to give it a try, but can't seem to get the install process completed.

Zenexpert POS seems to integrate with ZenCart and does not seem expensive at $100, but I'd like to give it a test ride first, and can't do that.

It seems most of the other POS programs attempted for Zen are 5-8 years old.

I really like our current cash register, which is based on Microsoft Access database and is easy to update everything, it just does not integrate well, and does not make real time inventory adjustments, which is our main concern.

With COVID really decreasing our walk in trade, I am trying to get our website working better.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by markflynn View Post
    Zenexpert POS seems to integrate with ZenCart
    It doesn't "integrate" - it's not a standalone system. It's just a plugin, just like any other in the Plugins section.
    but I'd like to give it a test ride first, and can't do that.
    Are you sure? PM me

BTW, zxpos v1 will be available in the next few days - I just need to find some time to test it with 1.5.7a and will be submitting it to the plugins section.