Page 357 of 394 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 3932
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Checkout module for Zen Cart 1.3.x (beta)

Quote Originally Posted by fmckinnon View Post
    I consider myself a fairly experienced Google Checkout user, with successful integrations on ZenCart on 6 different operating sites. I noticed today that our main site, hppenterprises.com, is giving the following error when selecting Google Checkout:

You do not currently have any valid shipping methods.

We've not made any changes on the site that I'm aware of, or in our Google Checkout settings. I've compared the Payment Module settings and the Google Checkout site settings to all of our other operating carts and they are all identical in setup.

The only thing that has happened recently is that our web host moved our files over to a different hard drive partition. Is it possible that there could be a file problem or permissions issue that is causing this, and if so, what file should I research?

I initially thought there may be a conflict w/ the "FREE SHIPPING OPTIONS" module which is turned on ... when you login to Google Checkout, for about 1 second, you can see the "FREE SHIPPING OPTIONS" shipping method appear, then it disappears, leaving the yellow box and the error:

You do not currently have any valid shipping methods.

I disabled the FREE SHIPPING OPTIONS module; however, and the problem didn't go away, plus the free ship options module is active on our other 5 sites and working just fine.

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas.
    Fred
    Sounds like you either have .htaccess problem, or something's happened to your responsehandler.php. Possibly even your CHMOD permissions.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by limelites View Post
    I use Google Checkout AND PayPal on all of my three sites. I have done so for some time and I've istalled it on many other customers ZC stores.

A year ago I'd say that about 20% of sales went through Google Checkout. Now, I'd say it's closer to 50%. On one of my sites, it's much higher than that as we use the GC invoicing feature for custom orders which brings it closer to 80%.

It's a tricky mod to install but I'd say it's worth it. Take a look at the three sites in my signature and see how I've gone about integrating it.
    Thanks for that. It's good to see the module does actually work ok, as want to give my customers a choice of payment provider. Never having put Google Checkout on a live site, I wasn't sure whether anyone actually used it or not. Twenty to fifty percent take up on UK based sites is very encouraging though.

Thanks again for the info. Much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Hey limelites I see that your using the paypal express module, but against the paypal button rules the checkout button in your header does not have a PP button next to it. Is there a part of the clause that I don't understand or are you just disregarding it. Honest question, not sticking you out. I'm thinking of doing the same.

Plugin Contributions

I am having the same issue. did you ever figure out what the problem was?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by novastar View Post
    Hey limelites I see that your using the paypal express module, but against the paypal button rules the checkout button in your header does not have a PP button next to it. Is there a part of the clause that I don't understand or are you just disregarding it. Honest question, not sticking you out. I'm thinking of doing the same.
    The checkout button in my header only appears when something's added to your cart. This takes you to the checkout page (if you're logged in) where you'll be presented with four options for payment. PayPal, Google Checkout, Instalment Plan, or credit/debit card. This has nothing to do with PayPal rules. It's my site, they certainly don't and won't tell me how to run it. If they did then I wouldn't have a problem telling them where to shove their over-rated, over-priced service.

If you're not logged in when you click on the checkout button then you're taken to the login page. On that page you have the PayPal Express button option as this is a quick way to skip past the registration process.

Plugin Contributions

Cool, I figured you could care less, but if a user is logged in does the PP button show up in the header or not? and how did you manage to display the customers cart total in the header regardless of what page your on?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by novastar View Post
    Cool, I figured you could care less, but if a user is logged in does the PP button show up in the header or not? and how did you manage to display the customers cart total in the header regardless of what page your on?
    The cart in the header was done by combining two of the add-ons available in the download area, above. A little bit of custom coding and some shoogery pokery and voila, my header cart was born :)

Plugin Contributions

had my store up and running for about a year now and decided to cancel my merchant account as it was costing more than was necessary for the odd transactions, im hoping that by using just google checkout my sales will increase as my items will appear in google shopping results.

So far sounds good, so i setup GC and receive my merchant id and key info for integration. the module had already been installed by a "professional" (using this term very loosely indeed) i entered the merchant id and key info yesterday evening and then tried an order in live mode, click confirm order button in checkout process and it simply loads the basket back up with the item im trying to buy?? this error just keeps on looping any user through the checkout process, had 4 friends on seperate pc's try to place an order and all report the same. Any ideas what could be causing this? im using 1.3.8a and latest google checkout module ((the one this thread is for) website url is www.crazygamer.co.uk

any and all help is greatly appreciated

Plugin Contributions

I am hoping this message means something to someone. This response is coming into the Google Checkout integration log but I can't understand why.

Error: Error parsing XML; message from parser is: Unexpected element (div) encountered: div
    More documentation for this error.

Warnings: The namespace of all API requests and postings should be "http://checkout.google.com/schema/2", but this document has: "". Try <div xmlns="http://checkout.google.com/schema/2" ...> for your root element.
    The namespace of all API requests and postings should be "http://checkout.google.com/schema/2", but this document has: "". Try <div xmlns="http://checkout.google.com/schema/2" ...> for your root eleme

XML Received: <div class="systemError">1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1<br />in:<br />[select customers_id from google_checkout where buyer_id = ]<br /></div>

Plugin Contributions

ZC 1.3.8a
    GCO 1.4.7

Is there anyone who has had success with the Google Checkout module on a GoDaddy IIS server? I have gone through my settings over and over and I cannot see any problems, according the documentation I could find.
    GCO reports a 401 error (access denied due to invalid credentials) in the integration log. I get no changes to the log files. GoDaddy does not let me set file-specific permissions, so I set the Logs folder to web read/write.
    I get the same errors whether I use the sandbox or the live server.

If I browse to the responsehandler.php file directly, I get prompted for a name/password. Is the PHP responsible for this? I certainly didn't add any protection to the file or folder intentionally. Is GCO supposed to be providing a name/password for that challenge? If so, what is it supposed to be? I tried using my merchant ID/key values, but that did not satisfy the authentication challenge. When I test this way, I do see some entries created in the log files. I don't know if this is a useful test at all, but that is what I am seeing.

I know lots of people have problems with ZC, GCO and GoDaddy. Please don't bother telling me to switch hosts - that will not help me. I just want to know if anyone has made this combination work, and if so, what did you have to do to get there?
    Or if anyone has any idea what I might be doing wrong (besides my choice of host), please help me out.

Thanks!

PS - I know I need to upgrade the ZC version. I will get to that once I am done dealing with GCO.