Plugin Contributions

Default Help for a newbie

I am probably asking a very stupid question, but here it goes. I have been working in zen cart at another location. I just installed the newest version last week (only using it for about a week as well). I have been trying to work on it from home today and I cannot get in to the admin part of zen cart. I finally found a login page for it (I had it bookmarked at other location) it will not take my user name or password. It also says the admin email address I entered to resend my info is wrong.

I have tried to follow some of the information on here to reset the user name and password, but it has not worked either. I have cleared out cookies and cache.

Am I even trying to login in the correct place? Can I only work on this from the original computer?

I know it is probably simple, but I am all out of ideas. I would appreciate any help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help for a newbie

Look at the 'admin' table in phpMyAdmin and see what User Name and Email address is entered there into the db. You won't be able to read the Password because that's encrypted.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

If you tried this:

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=2

make sure the user name is capitalized Admin.

Plugin Contributions

I did try Admin with the capital A and it did not work. The strange thing is that now that I am back on the main computer today it let me in under the original name and password and had not changed it to Admin/admin. I followed the exact steps and changed it in the php. I am not sure what is going on.

Plugin Contributions

If your other PC uses a different broadband connection, and therefore a different ip address, then that ip address may be blocked by the server firewall if you have .htaccess protection on the 'admin' folder and tried to login incorrectly too many times.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

I am on a different PC and it would be a different IP address. How do I fix this if this is the case?

Plugin Contributions

When using that other PC go to www.whatismyip.com and on the screen will be printed the ip address of that connection. Take that to your hosting company and ask if that ip address is blocked in the server firewall.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Thank you!