Plugin Contributions

Default php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution (0

I have been running a reasonably successfull Zen cart based store for just over a year and never had any issues. I have not edited no settings, file layout or absolutely anything.
    Today when i logged in to print of my days sales there was an error message at the top left of the admin screen, above the logo, saying - php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution (0)

I have checked the whole site as well as the admin and everything seems to be operating normally. I even logged in as a customer and went through the checkout process with no problems. Customers have still been making purchases so im absolutely stuck as to what this means.....

Could anyone offer any information on how this can occur on its own?
    Visit Andy's Motorcycles
    www.andysmotorcycles.com
    Motorcycle & Scooter Parts, Spares & accessories

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolutio

I have exactly the same problem running on 1.3.8a

Also if I update a product I get this on the screen, the update does work:

php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name
    resolution (0)

*Warning*: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
    (output started at
    /home/******/public_html/********/**********/includes/init_includes/init_sqlupdates_licence.php:52)
    in *
    /home/******/public_html/********/**********/includes/functions/general.php
    * on line *21*

(directory names removed for security)

My hosting company is Compila, and another zen-cart installation on a subdomain on the same server running 1.3.9h doesn't have this problem.

Compila support say nothing has changed.

Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolutio

Quote Originally Posted by devus
    home/******/public_html/********/**********/includes/init_includes/init_sqlupdates_licence.php:52)
    There's no such file in the core Zen Cart files. That's part of an addon you've installed.

Further, any "Temporary failure in name resolution" errors are caused AT THE SERVER LEVEL. Zen Cart has no control over that. It's your webserver that's failing to respond to nameserver lookup requests. Only your hosting company can fix the resolv.conf and its related services on the server where your website runs.
    Alternatively perhaps that script is attempting to talk to an external server that's not responding. In that case the owner of that server needs to fix that problem.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

This file is part of the Shipping Module from ########################.co.uk

I see that their site is currently unreachable.

I have emailed the owner.

Plugin Contributions

I see mention of the site is banned.

Plugin Contributions

Philip has been in touch and says the problem will be fixed soon, possibly later this week.

Chris

Plugin Contributions

I have the exact same error.
    However my admin is also running very slow, Could this be because of this same problem?
    David Goud

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolutio

Yes, it is part of a royal mail postage add-on, that automatically updates postage costs when they change. It is a paid add on from an external author so Zen Cart will not offer any support, however a few of us have been in contact with the author who is working on this as we speak.
    The problem can be resolved by removing the add on in the usual way, however the author has informed several users that he is transferring his site to a new server and that the problems will be resolved later this week, where the error message will then vanish.
    I have tested all sections of my admin interface as well as the site itself and there are no problems caused by this, apart from a slower admin interface. This is caused by your site attempting to locate the add ons server.
    I have had several orders in the last few hours both using PP and CC with no issues so there is nothing to worry about, as your postage will be calculated using the figures last saved in your postage page. Just wait for a few days and it should just vanish and your admin will speed up again, or remove the files if you cannot put up with the sluggish admin panel. I do not find it that bad to be honest.
    Visit Andy's Motorcycles
    www.andysmotorcycles.com
    Motorcycle & Scooter Parts, Spares & accessories

Plugin Contributions

Philip suggests removing the file

/admin/includes/init_includes/init_sqlupdates_licence.php

as a temporary measure. I have renamed mine to .xxxphp and that has stopped the error appearing.