Plugin Contributions

Default Problem using Teapplix - php file will not run in ZC admin folder

Hi,

My client has asked me to get Teapplix running in their store. Teapplix basically confirms shipping status, allows bulk shipping label printing, etc, and "supports automatic, bi-directional integration". http://www.teapplix.com if anyone want to check their site.

Supposedly it is "Zen Cart ready", and they supplied me with a php file that I am to upload into ZC's admin folder, then access it through a browser and set it up. The problem is that Zen Cart (or, more likely the server configuration) boots me over to the admin login page as soon as I try to do this.

I have Zen Cart hosted with Godaddy, and their tech support doesn't have a clue and are blaming Teapplix. And Teapplix tech support are confounded that it isn't working and are blaming Godaddy. Stuck in the middle is me, with my client saying "why isn't this working".

This is obviously a Godaddy security measure that won't allow other php files to run in the admin folder, correct? They seem unwilling to help. Am I out of luck, or can anybody think of how to run another php file in the admin folder of Zen Cart.

Thanks for any help

Jim
    Last edited by jfstanley; 13 Jul 2012 at 10:40 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem using Teapplix - php file will not run in ZC admin folder

This might have something to do with ZC 1.5 and the PCI security stuff. I don't know for sure since I am not using 1.5, but try installing a 1.3.9h test site and run that file to try to isolate the issue.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

You'd have better luck hosting your site on your microwave oven than with GoDaddy...

Nobody running serious eCommerce hosts with that crowd.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jfstanley View Post
    Supposedly it is "Zen Cart ready", and they supplied me with a php file that I am to upload into ZC's admin folder, then access it through a browser and set it up. The problem is that Zen Cart (or, more likely the server configuration) boots me over to the admin login page as soon as I try to do this.
    This may sound dumb, but what happens if you log on as the admin 1st and then navigate to the php file?

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

@schoolboy

I hear you. Not my decision. My client went ahead and bought the hosting plan w/out my knowledge or input and then handed it to me

Plugin Contributions

@Rod
    pretty sure I've tried that scenario - no luck.
    thanks for your input though

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jfstanley View Post
    @schoolboy

I hear you. Not my decision. My client went ahead and bought the hosting plan w/out my knowledge or input and then handed it to me
    We are very blunt with our clients on issues such as this, and we usually get them round to our way of thinking by putting this in terms they understand.

They don't understand server geek stuff, but they do understand things like "YOUR BUSINESS IS AT RISK", and "DOWNTIME MEANS LOST SALES and COSTS TO FIX PROBLEMS"...

... and then we show them what we charge per hour to address the sorts of headaches GoDaddy can cause.

We also then insist on a clause in the contract that absolves us of taking "blame" for server malconfigurations and malfunctions, and that if their site goes down because of this we will not even make the slightest attempt to fix it and they must get hold of GoDaddy to correct the problems.

If the (prospective) client does not agree to move to a host we feel can handle ZC, then we usually don't bother signing them up.

A couple of times, we've "lost" a potential contract because of this, and guess what... 6 months later they come back to us and ask us to help them do it properly.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Have you tried this on a 1.3.9h test site?

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's likely that their custom admin code isn't written securely and is triggering Zen Cart's security protections, which are preventing you from using the module.

Forms in v1.5.0 and newer must use security tokens such as those set by properly using zen_draw_form instead of hard-coded <form> tags and must use POSTs for all CRUD actions, leaving GETs for only filter-related activities. Etc.
    If Teapplix hasn't actually used their addon on a v1.5 site, then they've probably not experienced the symptoms you're describing, and they need to do upgrades.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.