Page 307 of 357 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 3563
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Base Feeder Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tromak View Post
    If I recall correctly, there's "Show Quantity" and "Include Zero-Quantity" values that either one or both of them need to be turned on. I remember modifying a copy of v.1.7.0 to include the <g:availability> tag. I turned both of them on to make it work, but I didn't do extensive testing to see if I could have gotten by with one or the other. I'd probably try including zero-quantity items first if you really don't want to show the quantity in the feed. If that doesn't help, try turning on the Show Quantity option. I think they are both set to 'false' by default. That should do it for you.
    With your advice the problem is also solved immediately !
    thank you so much !!

Further question, I got 720 products in my feeder file but google only take 526, I am still kooking for a reason for this............

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sjbglx View Post
    With your advice the problem is also solved immediately !
    thank you so much !!

Further question, I got 720 products in my feeder file but google only take 526, I am still kooking for a reason for this............
    What error messages is Google giving you? I'm sorry if you've already posted this.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tromak View Post
    What error messages is Google giving you? I'm sorry if you've already posted this.
    no much error message. and this is only thing I got:

Missing recommended attribute: image link (2 warnings)

I generate the xml file in zencart google merchant center and it says 705 records in total, and then I upload to google but only got 566 records and a missing image link warning.

What caused this? and how to find the broken image link in such a huge xml file ?

can anybody advice?

Thank you!!

Plugin Contributions

Run it in DEBUG mode and scroll through to find the image error. (as well as any others)

This could also be caused by a 'blank' NONE image. It's best to at least have something in the image field - even if it's a 'Image Soon'

Although, you should have an image on each product... Makes it easier to compare products when people are looking.

If you used the easy-populate add-on, do a full export and you can find it that way as well - scanning the 'image' column.

Good luck.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Fez-o Joe View Post
    Run it in DEBUG mode and scroll through to find the image error. (as well as any others)

This could also be caused by a 'blank' NONE image. It's best to at least have something in the image field - even if it's a 'Image Soon'

Although, you should have an image on each product... Makes it easier to compare products when people are looking.

If you used the easy-populate add-on, do a full export and you can find it that way as well - scanning the 'image' column.

Good luck.
    Thank you. I figured out the broken image links by using Apsona addon. In Apsona, I choose all products, export image link and products ID fields as a csv file, and very easy to locate those produts without image since those bad ones will be in the first rows so I fixed those products within seconds, and generate another xml file , upload again, guess what? this time, one fix solved 2 problems, now I have total 705 products uploaded without any problem. no warning message at all!

In the review, It looks like google taking my products one by one, and once it runs into a bad record, in my case for example, product without image link, looks like google will not skip it, instead, it will stop taking other good records, thus cuased it stays at the 566th product and report only 566 inserted. Once I fixed the broken image link, google will keep moving on until it takes all records.

Thank you for your prompt help and hope my case can help other guys.

Plugin Contributions

google product category1.zip
    This allows you to enter Google Product Types on a per product basis. Note will only work if you had ASA mod installed before.
    Cleaned up the googlefroogle.php since the last up load this now passes 100% for Google Product Types.
    I should have said last time this works with Google Merchant Center version 1.10.2 should work with 1.10.3 just merge changes in googlefroogle.php

Plugin Contributions

Found another reason why some products not exported to XML file.

For some time I have been unable to get all of my products included in the XML file. I realise that there are a large number of factors influencing this and I think I have taken all of them into account.

The only way I have found to get one of my new products included is to temporarily reduce its product name to a maximum of 28 characters and edit the exported XML back to the original name length.

The problem is it seems to be only relevant to that one product. i.e. renaming an existing product with a shorter name to >28 char still works. Can't figure it out. One thing that seemed to make a difference initially was how the new product was generated - creating a new one or copying an exisitng one. Can't seem to replicate this though. Additionally the missing product didn't appear in the debug file at all.

Anyway, I would be interested to hear if anyone else has resolved the XML inclusion problem in the same way. In the meantime I'll try to replicate the problem more thoroughly on my local copy.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for whoever it was that mentioned the version 1.10.3. I had just uploaded the 1.10.2 to contributions.

What he has now done is remove the sanitizer completely and says "make sure your store uses UTF-8 and properly encoded characters"

So this means that some of my customers will not be using this version for the moment. Their products upload with 1.10.2 but not with 1.10.3. We are talking over 2000 products and fixing all those descriptions is not feasible at this time.

This is not the first time he's played with this so I do not know what it means for the feeds come the 22.

All I know is that asking websites to have everything exactly right from the get go is just not what most of my customers do. So therefore the sanitizer is vital.

He also says he added "improved support for product variants"

so if that's your concern, go for it. I may end up uploading a zen cart version 1.10.2b without the sanitizer changes. Let me know your preferences please.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

I seem to have an overlapping install and would like to start fresh. Can you tell me all the files and database tables or rows I should kill to wipe out both 1.8.2 and the current 1.10.x versions?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    Thanks for whoever it was that mentioned the version 1.10.3. I had just uploaded the 1.10.2 to contributions.

What he has now done is remove the sanitizer completely and says "make sure your store uses UTF-8 and properly encoded characters"

So this means that some of my customers will not be using this version for the moment. Their products upload with 1.10.2 but not with 1.10.3. We are talking over 2000 products and fixing all those descriptions is not feasible at this time.

This is not the first time he's played with this so I do not know what it means for the feeds come the 22.

All I know is that asking websites to have everything exactly right from the get go is just not what most of my customers do. So therefore the sanitizer is vital.

He also says he added "improved support for product variants"

so if that's your concern, go for it. I may end up uploading a zen cart version 1.10.2b without the sanitizer changes. Let me know your preferences please.
    We found the same problem with version 1.10.3 and had to go back to version version 1.10.2.
    Is there any chance you could write the changes I posted into version 1.10.2b so "Google Product Type" can be done on a per product basis. If you need a a copy of the old ASA mod to take the coding from I now have this and can send to you.