Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Profiles - how flexible?

Hi there,
    I'm writing specs for a new website that will use Zen Cart. Pardon my lack of trying it out (i'm not the developer) but I'm curious how flexible the Admin Profiles module is?
    I basically want to give a few admin users logins that only grant access to the submenu options of Orders, Customers, Categories/Products, and Reports.
    Is that possible?

Just want to be sure you can give access to submenu options (Orders and Customers access, for example,) without giving all the options under "Customers" main menu (Orders, Customers, Group Pricing, and Paypal IPN).

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Profiles - how flexible?

Quote Originally Posted by dugawug View Post
    I basically want to give a few admin users logins that only grant access to the submenu options of Orders, Customers, Categories/Products, and Reports. Is that possible?.
    Yes, AP is very flexible. Kuroi did a great job in updating AP features. See the AP support thread for lots of info. http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35911

Download the mod and read the readme. Documentation provides info on setting up admin menu permissions.

Plugin Contributions

In the install notes it says "If you are using a database prefix for your Zen Cart tables, you must either: run the install_adminlevels.sql file using Zen Cart's Admin > Tools > Install SQL Patch facility, or edit the file to change the prefix for all create table and insert statements, before running it using your preferred tool."

however when I download the zip file from ZenCart the only files in it that were close to that are "install_admin_profiles.sql" and "upgrade_admin_profiles.sql".

Is it a typo in the install instructions or am I missing the file "install_adminlevels.sql"

Thanks! I really need to get this mod to work as my client has a call center set up to log in and take phone orders beginning 3/3.
    Last edited by Dreameffects; 30 Jan 2008 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Found this thread in a more relevant location. Please ignore this post from me.

Plugin Contributions

It would be the best for you to post questions in the support thread of the module so the author can be notified
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Yeah I found the thread for it after I posted that, hence the edit on the bottom of my previous post.

Thanks