Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Mapinator

Very nice work developer. Just a few notes to anyone using this plugin:

If you have added a prefix to your zen cart sql tables, you will need to rewrite the configuration.sql lines to account for this prefix before doing the sql insert. i.e. lines like "INSERT INTO configuration" would change to: "INSERT INTO yourtableprefix_configuration"

If you need to get the coordinates to your shop:
    http://world.maporama.com/ will give you the degrees, and...

http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/convertDMS will convert the degrees to decimal.

The readme file incorrectly lists a filepath as:
    includes/languages/english/YOURTEMPLATE/define_contact_us.php

when it should read:
    includes/languages/english/html_includes/YOURTEMPLATE/define_contact_us.php

Request for revisions in future versions:

It would be nice if this was not on the contact page and was stand alone so it could be a locate us page. I tried the plugin: "store location with google maps" and this plugin did not work. It would also be great if the maps address data had it's own tables, and did not duplicate the address info on the contact page.

Excellent work developer and thank you for putting your time and effort into this.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Very nice work developer. Just a few notes to anyone using this plugin:

The readme file incorrectly lists a filepath as:
    includes/languages/english/YOURTEMPLATE/define_contact_us.php

when it should read:
    includes/languages/english/html_includes/YOURTEMPLATE/define_contact_us.php

Request for revisions in future versions:

It would be nice if this was not on the contact page and was stand alone so it could be a locate us page. I tried the plugin: "store location with google maps" and this plugin did not work. It would also be great if the maps address data had it's own tables, and did not duplicate the address info on the contact page.

Thanks for your comments. I have updated my instructions already but haven't had time to do a new release but thank you anyway.

I used the same address data as it seemed logical to do that rather than make people type it twice.

To remove the address from the contact page go to "Contact Us - Show Store Name and Address" in the email settings config and turn it off.

btw. Any suggestions for this contrib would be greatly appreciated as I've been wondering where to go next with it. One thing I'm looking at at the moment is a way interface with a reliable geocoordinate lookup site. One other way is to have an admin map that allows you to adjust the position of your entered coordinates as I've noticed that sometimes they're not as accurate as I would like.

Regards,

Graham.
    Best wishes,

Graham.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by snorkpants
    I used the same address data as it seemed logical to do that rather than make people type it twice.

To remove the address from the contact page go to "Contact Us - Show Store Name and Address" in the email settings config and turn it off.

btw. Any suggestions for this contrib would be greatly appreciated as I've been wondering where to go next with it. One thing I'm looking at at the moment is a way interface with a reliable geocoordinate lookup site. One other way is to have an admin map that allows you to adjust the position of your entered coordinates as I've noticed that sometimes they're not as accurate as I would like.

I looked at the google api, it seems like you can get a geocode using javascript that will convert an address to it's coordinates on the fly. http://www.google.com/apis/maps/docu...geocoder2.html

It would be nice to keep this separate from the contact page and the information on the contact page, or have the option to do this. Sometimes this data does not match, i.e. if I have a corporate address on the contact page (for correspondance) and a separate location (say a store as a physical location). The plugin will be mostly used to help people find a place. It would be great to include fields across the top for get driving directions. Control over initial zoom level would be helpful.

On the admin side, I would put "Google Maps API" before each of your editable items. You did not do this for Store Phone and used other terminology for others "GoogleMap".

thanks again for your work on this, and let me know if I can help in any way.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    It would be great to include fields across the top for get driving directions.
    To put a get driving directions field above the map:

in includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_contact_us_default.php

move line: 17
    Code:
    <?php echo zen_draw_form('contact_us', zen_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, 'action=send')); ?>
    down below
    Code:
    <?php } ?>
    on line 44. This will start the contact <form> below our map form. You probably would want to do a overwrite version in YOURTEMPLATE folder.

then in:
    includes/language/english/html_includes/YOURTEMPLATE/define_contact_us.php

Code:
    <form action="http://maps.google.com/maps" method="get" target="blank">
    <p><label for="mapsUsSaddr">Where are you coming from?&nbsp;<br>
     Please enter&nbsp;street address, city, and ZIP Code:<br></label><input class="text" id="maps" size="40" name="saddr"> <input class="submit" value="Get directions" type="submit">&nbsp; <input value="11111 Yourstreet Boulevard Beverly Hills, CA. 90210" name="whateva" type="hidden"> <input value="en" name="hl" type="hidden"></p>
    </form>
    place this above the map code:
    Code:
    <div id="map" style="width: 100%; height: 350px; border:solid black 1px;" ></div>
    Please try it out and let me know if you run into any problems posting to either form on the page. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

This is a really good mod - thanks for making it available

Just a few points to add to what other people have already posted above:

1. There's a small typo in the SQL - the second 'longitude' description should be ' Google Maps API - Zoom'.

2. For the UK, you can get the latitude and longitude info for a store's post code from streetmap.co.uk - it seems to be more accurate.

3. For the UK, to get the 'directions from/to your store' modification to work that rambo described in the post above, you need to add the destination post code (ie. the post code of your store) and change the 'name=' part to ' name="daddr"' like this:

<
    PHP Code:
    form action="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps" method="get" target="blank">
    <
    p><label for="mapsUsSaddr">Where are you coming from?&nbsp;<br>

Please enter&nbsp;your post code:<br></label><input class="text" id="maps" size="40" name="saddr"> <input class="submit" value="Get directions" type="submit">&nbsp; <input value="put your store post code in here" name="daddr" type="hidden"> <input value="en" name="hl" type="hidden"></p>
    </
    form
    You can also change the URL to 'http://maps.google.co.uk'.

I think the earlier suggestions that this mod should use a different page than define_contact_us are valid - store owners may wish to use that page for other information; plus the map tends to push the 'contact us' form out of view on some smaller monitors.

Otherwise, working fine and an excellent mod - thanks

Plugin Contributions

Gret Mod!

How do I have multiple locations. I can see that the site at http://www.tonypeakecaravansales.co....age=contact_us has 2.

I want to use this mod to list reseller locations around the country. I Preferable want a seperate page with perhaps upto about 50 different locations. I would also like to be able to provide another tab of info. ie. Address, Ph, Description.

Again thanks for the great mod.

Raoul

Plugin Contributions

I'd like to have multiple locations too.
    How can I do that ??

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I have installed this contrib some months ago and it works very well, but now it does not work !

I see only a empty window

Does somebody knows if google have problems or have changed something ?

thanks !

Plugin Contributions

Still working fine in the UK - where is your store based?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Pixxi
    Still working fine in the UK - where is your store based?

In Italy.. i do not understand becouse it does not work more..

http://www.sospcshop.com/store/contact_us.html

can someone help me to understand ?

My rel. is 1.3.5..

Thanks

Bye!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast