Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How to modify my template to not show display-only attributes?

I'm trying to get the Google Merchant Center Product Feed to work on my store. One of the tips the readme file says is:

"This module supports adding required fields as attributes to your products (you can set them to display only and then modify your template to not show display only attributes). Supported attributes are: Size, Color, Age Group, Gender, Material, Pattern, UPC, ISBN, EAN, and Google Product Category. Please use these exact names when creating your Option Names in Zen Cart."

My first question is on adding the attributes. In the Option Name Manger, I am just going to add all those attributes globally to all of my products and mark them as readonly attributes (Let me know if this is incorrect too). I don't know how to modify the template to not show display only attributes.

I also have the Stock By Attributes mod loaded, so I don't know if I should do what it says above. Because the readme also says:

"Alternatively, if you have Stock by Attributes (SBA) installed and you need for a single product to support multiple options (i.e. Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL), create stock combinations in SBA and GMCF will automatically create variants for each stock combination"

I'm guessing I would modify the attributes.php file, but what code would I use? Has anyone done this already and is willing to share the code snippet?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to modify your template to not show display only attributes

Ok, I've figured out what some of this means now. So my only question that remains is how to modify your template to not show display only attributes.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    did you ever figure this out? I'm stuck with this and cant find a solution. Can u help
    Only a fool say's money doesn't matter. No rich man ever starved to death.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by McGill View Post
    Hi
    did you ever figure this out? I'm stuck with this and cant find a solution. Can u help
    No, I am stuck as well. I am hoping one of the experts will reply to this thread. Or anyone who has ever done this will reply. Seems like anyone who has loaded the Google Merchant Center Product Feed add-on would want to do this. I'm thinking there is another add-on that loads the required Google attributes and maybe that add-on provides a way to make the attributes not display.

Plugin Contributions

I found this but attributes.php is not in

/public_html/YOUR_CATALOG/
    includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/attributes.php

ITS IN

includes/modules/attributes.php

But not only that I cant find the code ANYWHERE in zencart

Its a real mystery

Code:
    One of the Guys here at Numinix (Ted) gave me these instructions, thanx must go to him not me remember, hope this helps as it worked a treat for me!

Ted @ Numinix ✆
    25 Feb

to me 
    Jonathan,

Thanks for your question. This file needs to be edited:

includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/attributes.php

each query that selects data from the table TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES needs to have the following condition

AND patrib.attributes_display_only = 0

Note, that on one of the queries, the table TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES is referenced as pa so the condition would be

AND pa.attributes_display_only = 0JonnyRRR 
    On The Path to Enlightenment

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that at least. I tried adding those 2 conditions in the code in attributes.php, but it didn't work for me. I am not a coder, so I don't even know if that's how it should be done. There must be something else to it. Did you get your Google Feed to work at least? Google doesn't seem to recognize some of my Read Only attributes.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by AvaAdorn View Post
    Thanks for that at least. I tried adding those 2 conditions in the code in attributes.php, but it didn't work for me. I am not a coder, so I don't even know if that's how it should be done. There must be something else to it. Did you get your Google Feed to work at least? Google doesn't seem to recognize some of my Read Only attributes.
    Where was your attributes.php??????? The attributes.php I have does not have that code in ............. I am completely lost here. Yes I did get it working okay

Plugin Contributions

I found the file right where you mentioned it would be:
    /public_html/YOUR_CATALOG//includes/modules/attributes.php

Are you using Stock By Attributes? I am, and maybe that is why my Google Feed is not working correctly. I have found that if the readonly attributes are added before the SBA variant is added, it shows 0 stock. Weird.

I am completely lost too. We are both New Zenners trying to help each other out. Funny :) Need an expert.

Plugin Contributions

No im not using it. I found my mistake. Got a bit confused. When you add the code it just blanks out the whole ad. My msql skills are not rusty they are completely corroded

Plugin Contributions

When I add the code, it does nothing. Where are you adding the code? I added it in 3 places. I searched for TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, and then added the code underneath that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast