Plugin Contributions

Default Zones Question -- Table Rate

Hi,

I'm configuring a 1.3.7 cart shipping area. They want to use the table rate with zones, because they have a specific shipping code. the problem is not the actual configuration, but they have a set of areas that they do not ship to. I included these "codes" in the area that says, "
    Skip Countries, use a comma separated list of the two character ISO country codes" --

By doing this, would these States/Countries be blocked from shipping? It doesn't seem to work as instead it configures all of those states and regions as international shipping fees. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong or else "skip countries" doesn't block shipment or the order from continuing?

For example, say if someone orders from say "Tennessee" and that state is listed in the skip countries -- wouldn't it skip that state and not allow the shipment? Or how could I set something like that up or is it even possible? I'm banging my head on this one...thanks as always for your help on these issues....

Thanks,
    Kinget

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zones Question -- Table Rate

Quote Originally Posted by kinget View Post
    Hi,

I'm configuring a 1.3.7 cart shipping area. They want to use the table rate with zones, because they have a specific shipping code. the problem is not the actual configuration, but they have a set of areas that they do not ship to. I included these "codes" in the area that says, "
    Skip Countries, use a comma separated list of the two character ISO country codes" --

By doing this, would these States/Countries be blocked from shipping? It doesn't seem to work as instead it configures all of those states and regions as international shipping fees. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong or else "skip countries" doesn't block shipment or the order from continuing?

For example, say if someone orders from say "Tennessee" and that state is listed in the skip countries -- wouldn't it skip that state and not allow the shipment? Or how could I set something like that up or is it even possible? I'm banging my head on this one...thanks as always for your help on these issues....

Thanks,
    Kinget
    I don't know if you're using "Tennessee" as an example, but of course, Tennessee isn't a country, and I don't think there is a way to block specific states. As far as I know, the ISO "Country Codes" as used in zen cart are for countries only. As to why it would give these states international rates, I'm not sure. Have you tested blocking a country, to see if it works for countries vs. states?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Jade...

Thanks for your quick response and your insight. Actually, yes, you are correct, TN is a state and I did use that just as an example.....However, I suppose I misunderstood the instructions in the module, because I thought that since each state had its own ISO character that you could just use the individual ISO characters for either state or country....At least it seemed to work in the configuration, except you would use the individual iso codes for each state in each zone, and exclude the iso "US." At least the cart seemed to recognize the individual iso's for each state as well as country in the shipping configuration and totaled correctly on the checkout. However, the blocking didn't work for either country or state. Each time it added the international shipping. Is there a module or a way to block states and countries? I'm hoping though perhaps the zen geniuses here may have some creative ideas or a possible solution. Thanks again for your help....I really appreciate it.

Kinget :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
    I don't know if you're using "Tennessee" as an example, but of course, Tennessee isn't a country, and I don't think there is a way to block specific states. As far as I know, the ISO "Country Codes" as used in zen cart are for countries only. As to why it would give these states international rates, I'm not sure. Have you tested blocking a country, to see if it works for countries vs. states?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Jettrue,

I had another thought or idea and wanted to know your thoughts about it....If I took out the states or zones that they are not shipping to from the zones definitions, would that prevent shipment or those states from showing up in the scroll menu on check out?

What are your thoughts? Or to any of the Zen experts.....

Thanks as always for your help,
    Kinget

Plugin Contributions

Hi Jettrue,

I had another thought or idea and wanted to know your thoughts about it....If I took out the states or zones that they are not shipping to from the zones definitions, would that prevent shipment or those states from showing up in the scroll menu on check out?

What are your thoughts? Or to any of the Zen experts.....

Thanks as always for your help,
    Kinget

Plugin Contributions

Hi Jettrue,

I hate to have to put another response, but I have an update I wanted to share. You were right...the cart doesn't distinguish between states and countries...It seemed like it worked at the time, but actually it wasn't working correctly. I managed to resolve this issue by deleting out the states that they didn't want to ship to from within the zones, so that they do not come up in the pull down menu. On the countries, I went through and listed the individual country codes that were to be skipped/blocked in the appropriate area, and re-adjusted the shipping table for US for the first zone, and then Canada's zones for zone 2, and then overseas for zone three which is (00) for all other countries. Now it's working perfectly. I don't think I would have thought of it, if it weren't for your insight. I wanted to post this update in case others may have this issue as well.

Many thanks as always,
    Kinget