Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Host upgraded to php 5.3.10 - store pages blank now

I have been running version 1.3.8a on a website I maintain, without trouble.

My host upgraded to php 5.3.10 and now of course my store does not work. When accessing the store or the admin area, I get a blank page or a 500 server error.

I download and installed the patch found here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140960 and nothing has changed. Everything is still blank.

I was going to do the upgrade on my zencart, BUT since the host has already upgraded the php, I can not get into my admin area to get information required for shipping and payment modules or remove the modules as the instructions say to do.

The site is located at: http://www.tailormaidbowstrings.com/shop/

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
    Michelle

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Host upgraded to php 5.3.10 - store pages blank now

You can start with this tutorial ...

Plugin Contributions

I looked at that page before posting here. I upload each file in the ASCII mode individually. (I actually did it a second time just to be sure too, as I discovered it was not working) All file sizes are correct once uploaded.

I didn't edit any of the files before uploading them. I just uploaded and overwrote what was there as the instructions said to, since I had not customized any of them in the earlier version.

When I check my server error logs, there are no errors that relate to this issue.

I guess I am off to download and install the debugger mentioned on the page you linked to and give that a try.

I will post an update once I have run the debugger.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I installed the debugger and checked the log file after accessing the page. In the error it showed the application_top.php file couldn't find the initsytem.php file.

I checked my site and sure enough, there was not one there. I looked in my original install files and could not find one either.

I checked in the upgrade I had downloaded for the newest version of zen cart and it was in there, so I took a chance and uploaded it and it appears everything on the main part of the store is working, I can now access it and it appears I can place orders and access my admin area.

Thank you for your help!

Plugin Contributions

It could be server issue too.

I have both versions on my server, some sites still run on 5.2.x and others are on 5.3.x. I only had issue with one addon but I fixed the issue manually.

Plugin Contributions

Well all is not as good in the world as I thought. Even though the above mention solved my immediate problem, now I have found another.

When a customer goes to place an order, they can put items in the cart, etc, but when they click on checkout, it just reloads the same page they were on.

AND in the admin area, when you click on a customers order to view details, the order page is blank. It has the back button on the top right, but no order details.

I ran the debugger again and when I try to do either of the things I just mentioned, these are the errors I receive:

04-Apr-2012 15:23:53 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/tailorma/public_html/shop/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 139

[04-Apr-2012 15:23:59 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/tailorma/public_html/shop/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 177

Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?

Michelle

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

I have NO IDEA if this will work... and if it does, it is a TEMPORARY and probably UNRELIABLE FIX...

You MUST upgrade properly.

Send a COPY of query_factory.php via FTP to your hard drive

Open it for editing

Find lines 139 and 177

They are:

PHP Code:
                  if (!ereg('^[0-9]'$key)) { 
    Change to:

PHP Code:
                  if (!preg_match('/^[0-9]/'$key)) { 
    SAVE the file on your hard drive

Make the SERVER file of query_factory.php a BACKUP by re-naming it to query_factory.BAK

FTP your edited file to the same location:

includes/classes/db/mysql/

-------------------------------------

Doc Byte will probably pick up on this and let us know if I am wrong. If this assists you in gaining access to locked out areas/processes, then use that access to begin your upgrade.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I am going to pull my hair out!

That didn't work, so I went ahead with a full upgrade. I have followed the upgrade instructions. I have backed up and imported my old database, etc.

I get right up to the point of "Using your browser, surf to /zc_install/index.php and choose "Database Upgrade" when prompted."

When I go to the url, the page loads BLANK. I have searched the faq here and read all of that. I re-uploaded the files, making sure they were uploaded in ASCII (I used the "auto" choice the first time around on my wsftp, and didn't trust it so I have re-uploaded them manually)

When I check the debugger cache, I am getting these messages:

[06-Apr-2012 20:45:23 UTC] PHP Warning: require(includes/languages/english/index.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tailorma/public_html/store_new/zc_install/index.php on line 48

[06-Apr-2012 20:45:23 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/index.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tailorma/public_html/store_new/zc_install/index.php on line 48

I have double checked that those files referenced there do in fact exist!

Line 48 of zc_install/index.php is
    Code:
      require($language_page_directory . $current_page . '.php');
    It created another file called DSP1E4.log that contains
    ---------------
    Apr 06 2012 14:45 --
    Specified language file not found. Defaulting to english. (includes/languages/english.php)

and a third file called sess_c2aa76cecec3565fc14c60fd4af60ac1 that contains
    hpJF6FwjY_qEpfEulJK5lylNqOZnS2otbPkIp_1vGQfL2axpT3hUR6AjPoQ7Md8K_UuIubYd9t0cpOyc unWJqEIKZ9ZZdZfr7vDuR7XdjujfRKwEyAVqfxyurG_QP068ud5JZyGmOeFw0_mWUM4H4rabxcRH60zA D4gXbEYkZo0.

What am I doing wrong here?

Michelle
    Last edited by nosnip13; 6 Apr 2012 at 10:39 PM. Reason: added more info

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Since the errors about /includes/languages/english/index.php are COMING FROM a script that sits in the zc_install folder, that means that your upload must have skipped uploading the /zc_install/includes/languages/english/index.php file, and the /zc_install/includes/languages/english.php file too. And, when that happens it's likely an indication that more files are also missing. And that suggests that your upload probably experienced timeouts when you were transferring files.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

My host is also in the process of updating to PHP 5.3.10, and today one of my 1.3.7 sites stopped working with a 500 server error.

When I checked with them they said the full upgrade had not been done yet - but they had installed SuPHP which they said does not allow files to be writeable by group. They changed some permissions, and my site was back online - the admin section also needed the same treatment for it to work.

I have a 1.5 test site, and that wasn't affected. Not sure what will happen with the 1.3.7 site once the PHP 5.3.10 upgrade is done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast